NFFC Post-Season Hold 'Em Contest Rules

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:53 pm

Originally posted by 3INT/BFDFANTASYfootball.com:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by 3INT/BFDFANTASYfootball.com:

Glenn-You can come back if you'd like, but please understand that I do know what you are.
You are a internet blowhard that types like a badass, along with Godon Gekko.
And when faced with the chance to tell me wht you thought.
Each of you showed the true lack of character you have. I even hung around until the room was nice and clear waiting for you two.

And you said nothing.

Which shows who you are.
Interesting choices of words lou. "True lack of character."

Greg - this "guy" is now making unprovoked personal insults on this board. Any chance u can tell him to lose the personal insults or get lost?
[/QUOTE]I was pointing out (correctly GG) that you said "You'll tell me what you think of me" in NYC.
And you didn't. I was waiting, and you were right there to say it, but you didn't.

Thanks,

Lou
[/QUOTE]Didn't we have a phone conversation where I apologized for calling you a scumbag and you accepted my apology? Now u say I have a lack of character?
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:55 pm

My takes...

Greg had to slap together a post season contest this year due to being over-worked or whatever.

He had to use a middle-man that had more "rake" in his blood...thus sacrificing the fair treatment we are used to from Greg.

He justified it in a way that made sense to him, knowing all the details, and how little profit HE himself made.

Others believe the 20% rake should cover all costs and allow for profit due to mostly automated websites doing all the work these days..and felt the justification was "bunk". (LOVE that work...please bring it back! :D )

Nag and Lou wish to stand against any trend toward increasing the "rake" of these type of contests over 20% of the entry fee of so...so we can feel comfortable entering them...not feel like we are donating or being stabbed in the stomach.

Others could care less if gas is $10.00 per gallon, as long as driving the car is fun.

Some think like consumers...others like businessmen dealing with consumers who could care less, and others like businessmen dealing with consumers who do care.

Being that this is an isolated incident...Greg needs some slack. His first justification (re: sticking to the 80%) doesn't fly...but his second one (explaining his costs) was fair.

If the fantasy industry evolves to where we as consumers are supposed to "take it in the bee-hind" and move along or play somewhere else...well...that ain't so good from all angles.

This entire thread makes sense from many views...and I feel it is an isolated incident, and something that will most likely not be repeated.

Greg has earned my trust enough to believe what he stated in his detailed justification.

The 3rd party and programmer ate some of the profits that were expected to be paid out...that's all.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

3INTBOY

Post by 3INTBOY » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:56 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

Glenn-You can come back if you'd like, but please understand that I do know what you are.
You are a internet blowhard that types like a badass, along with Godon Gekko.
And when faced with the chance to tell me wht you thought.
Each of you showed the true lack of character you have. I even hung around until the room was nice and clear waiting for you two.

And you said nothing.

Which shows who you are.
Interesting choices of words lou. "True lack of character."

Greg - this "guy" is now making unprovoked personal insults on this board. Any chance u can tell him to lose the personal insults or get lost?
[/QUOTE]I was pointing out (correctly GG) that you said "You'll tell me what you think of me" in NYC.
And you didn't. I was waiting, and you were right there to say it, but you didn't.

Thanks,

Lou
[/QUOTE]Didn't we have a phone conversation where I apologized for calling you a scumbag and you accepted my apology? Now u say I have a lack of character?
[/QUOTE]GG-Here's what we'll do.
You me and KOQ.
You guys bring the cards and flowers.
I'll bring some nice BFD gifts.

It'll be a nice moment...

Forget it, I am not getting any deeper down that road w/ either of you guys. Not worth it and a waste of energy.

This is all a good time, and now we are going into the BS that screws that up, for my part I do apologize.

BTW Glenn-I DO post what I got wrong, I had the rankings with where guys actually finished in 2006 vs where I ranked them. Will be doing the same this year.

I think it's one of the best parts of doing a site that is different

3'

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:59 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
My takes...

Greg had to slap together a post season contest this year due to being over-worked or whatever.

He had to use a middle-man that had more "rake" in his blood...thus sacrificing the fair treatment we are used to from Greg.

He justified it in a way that made sense to him, knowing all the details, and how little profit HE himself made.

Others believe the 20% rake should cover all costs and allow for profit due to mostly automated websites doing all the work these days..and felt the justification was "bunk". (LOVE that work...please bring it back! :D )

Nag and Lou wish to stand against any trend toward increasing the "rake" of these type of contests over 20% of the entry fee of so...so we can feel comfortable entering them...not feel like we are donating or being stabbed in the stomach.

Others could care less if gas is $10.00 per gallon, as long as driving the car is fun.

Some think like consumers...others like businessmen dealing with consumers who could care less, and others like businessmen dealing with consumers who do care.

Being that this is an isolated incident...Greg needs some slack. His first justification (re: sticking to the 80%) doesn't fly...but his second one (explaining his costs) was fair.

If the fantasy industry evolves to where we as consumers are supposed to "take it in the bee-hind" and move along or play somewhere else...well...that ain't so good from all angles.

This entire thread makes sense from many views...and I feel it is an isolated incident, and something that will most likely not be repeated.

Greg has earned my trust enough to believe what he stated in his detailed justification.

The 3rd party and programmer ate some of the profits that were expected to be paid out...that's all.

~Lance Lance, you haven't hit the tequila yet, huh? You're making waaaaay too much sense, dude.

;)
For Players. By Players.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:00 pm

BTW Glenn-I DO post what I got wrong, I had the rankings with where guys actually finished in 2006 vs where I ranked them. Will be doing the same this year.Very cool.

One that we both agreed on was Randy Moss -- I wasn't having any of his 98-1493-23 on my fantasy football teams. :D

Funny sometimes how so many could be so wrong...

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:03 pm

I DO post what I got wrong, I had the rankings with where guys actually finished in 2006 vs where I ranked them. Will be doing the same this year.

I think it's one of the best parts of doing a site that is different

3' It's probably one of the best parts for you Lou, to examine where you went wrong, but your audience probably couldn't care less.

Personally, I see a strong correlation between good sites focusing on good content as opposed to self-promotion; same as analyzing companies in the stock market - lots of self-promo = bad investment. People don't need to be told how great your site is, if it has value to them they'll pay for it, if it doesn't they won't.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:04 pm

Lou - don't make personal insults about me when you know I apologized to you on the phone and u accepted. To say I have a lack of character for not talking to u in NY is an insult on your part. I would think it takes someone with a LOT of character to call a total stranger and apologize for calling them a name.

Please stop with the personal insults.

Thanks.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:09 pm

quote:Originally posted by JohnZ:
quote:Originally posted by Nag':
Good answers, guys. Greg would be proud. And you keep me posted when you do join that contest which provides all the "fun, challenge and entertainment" that will make you look past a 66% or so payout. [/QUOTE]911fantasy.com Playoff game.

Using Greg in all your replies is getting very old and pathetic. My answer had nothing to do with him. This isn't the only game I play and many have less than 66%.

Why is what the operator makes so important to you?

Curious, what do you do for a living?
[/QUOTE]John Z
Hope all is well.

It's not, and I WAS breaking Gregs chops, and kidding (childish as someone said).
Greg NEEDS to make $$, that's what keeps him here.
THAT'S COOL.

Just don't SPIN is really what I'm saying, it's not 80%, it's 66% and that's a consistent M.O. here.

Nag said a while ago, maybe Greg flipping out about the % would have been beter to say something like
"yea, making $$ is alright and that's why we have 164 this year"
But the swinging HARD at defending the $20 as a "non expense" is the point.

I want to make $$ as well, we all do. No problem.

3' [/QB][/quote]

Hi Lou... all is well... been buried this week...

Go read this thread again...

It should have all stopped at end of page 4 with this....

"The prize pool should be $12,000 based on $15,000 in signups, which is 80 percent. During the first two years, we did not get 150 teams and it's quite possible that this year we won't either. We had 117 the first year and 137 last year, but of course we still guaranteed the prize money. We're not trying to get rich off this contest; it's just a fun way to end the season for our NFFC participants and we just try not to lose any money on this. I have to pay the folks at Fantasy911.com to run this contest for us because we don't have the software to do it and they are good promotional partners. So there's more of an expense here than just another satellite league at 80%.

If you think we're getting too rich off the $20 per team for transactions and we wind up paying out less than 80 percent, then I'm sorry about that. But we definitely paid more than 80 percent the first year and still guaranteed the prize money and last year we finished right around there as well. When all is said and done, we'll probably be there again this year.

Heck, if we actually get to 150, we'll see what we can do about adding a few more bones. Good luck to all who do enter."

But, no. Nag has go to do his thing. It's beyond anal in my book.

Where were the Nag posts when they paid more than 80%?

My memory sucks right now. Didn't Nag win a prize in this contest when they gave out more than 80%? My apologies to Nag as I could very well be wrong here.

My problem with Nag's posts are that they are ALWAYS one-sided and give ZERO consideration for what it takes to put on these games. ZERO. Post after post after post on every subject imaginable, but not a clue on what it takes to run games, only his PERCEPTION of what he thinks it takes, which is always narrow minded.

Nag isn't the only one that does this, and if you knew how little the return is on 80% when you compare it to the investment, work and time required, you'd be shocked. It's right above running a grocery store IMO.

I really want to see ALL the data NAG uses to justify his 80% as the level all games should be at. And when I see it, he better put on a flak jacket and I (and anyone in the biz) will riddle it with bullet holes.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:10 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Lou - don't make personal insults about me when you know I apologized to you on the phone and u accepted. To say I have a lack of character for not talking to u in NY is an insult on your part. I would think it takes someone with a LOT of character to call a total stranger and apologize for calling them a name.

Please stop with the personal insults.

Thanks. Gekko, Lou likes to subtley suggest people should be afraid of him in person. He's suggested that to 3 of us tonight, so far. That's what happens when people can't back up what they say with what they say.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:17 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
My takes...

~Lance Lance... spot on.

If Greg did anything, I doubt it was to intentionally "insert nag term of the week" anyone.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.