NFFC Post-Season Hold 'Em Contest Rules

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:58 am

If Tom/Greg ever wonder why people post less and less on the boards, they need to look no further than this thread and 95% of the other ones that turn out this way. One would think you're a bunch of juvenile females with the way EVERYONE is acting......definitely very immature.

LOU, with the things you've posted. ie: insults....why in the hell would any DECENT person pay any money to you?? You almost seem like a person who "spins" things.....make a juvenile comment towards Greg, only to act like it was in jest...the rest of your comments back up the insult.
BTW, if one of your selling points is that Boller would be starting sometime over McNair.....how do you have ANY subscribers??

Sorry, but if you're a "so-called" industry expert, you don't act very professional....and yes, I would tell you this in person as I handed you some vaseline and some flowers! :D

For the others....page after page/thread after thread...the same thing...why do you guys continue to harass each other when NO ONE will give an inch and see the others side??

I DO UNDERSTAND both sides, but I must say, I hope the people involved treat those physically present in their lives much better than they do here.

It really is sad to see how "grown men" can act when a disagreement arises.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:06 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...after wading through the absurdly surreal thread here here is the SNAKElist on 6 must-brings to next year's NFFC Main draft:

1) cards

2) flowers

3) Vermont teddy bears

4) popcorn

5) ex-lax

6) vaseline

...SNAKE :D Funny stuff

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:12 am

Originally posted by boutrous11:
quote:Originally posted by Nag':
quote:Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
Nag,

I'm playing in this for one reason. The chance to turn $120 into $10,000. I couldn't tell you of the top of my head what the breakdown is after that. If a few extra players won their money back, it wouldn't change my reason for playing in it. I played KNOWING the payout wasn't going to be great so I had no issue. I still don't. This all started on page 4 of this thread when someone else (none of us here) brought up the poor payout issue and Greg responded very defensively, as if he was being accused of some wrong doing, when the only thing that was being pointed out was the truth.
[/QUOTE]Hey now. Guess I opened a can of worms here.

I actually didn't end up signing up for this because of it. No big deal, I don't like bad bets. The entertainment factor comes in to play definitely, but not enough for me personally to ignore that it's a bad bet. I'll tell you one thing, whomever wins the 10 gees isn't going to be complaining.
[/QUOTE]Wow. Can someone PLEASE let Nag have the last word and be done with him here? Thanks.

boutrous, you didn't open up a can of worms or complain unnecessarilly. You did what any smart consumer should do: You looked at the cost, the payout and made a decision on whether to play this contest or not. You told me you would play this game if the total payout was 80 percent, which it wasn't. That's fine. You moved on, we moved on. Others jumped in and we filled up and finished with 164 teams. It's how capitalism works.

I believe we sold 164 teams not based on our percentage of payout, but like Shawn says based on the fact that we guaranteed the $10,000 grand prize and $11,850 in prize money. And believe me, the minute we went over the break-even point I was the happiest person in the world. I just didn't want to lose money for the company on this game. For some folks, $120 to win $10,000 made sense.

Lance is right, there are different costs that made the transaction fees necessary. But even more than that, this is a joint venture and our partners are adamant on the prize structure because the revenue is so low. The reason I didn't post the new prize structure right away is because I had to fight hard to get the additional money back to you in prizes. Nobody cares here, but I made sure it was done because that's how we do things in the NFFC. But they helped us fill this up and they run the back-end support, so getting that done wasn't as easy as me just doing it, like I do with our NFFC events.

I think Lou's post wasn't a "light-hearted" jab at me and I don't think Nag's constant "me against the MB boys" is without a purpose either. I'll just leave it at that, but for some reason they seem to be the only ones here that continually act like it's us against them. There is no animosity between WCOFF and NFFC. No animosity between Jesse, Dustin, Tom and Greg. There should be no animosity between fantasy players here or with UFS or AFFL or CDM or anywhere else. I just don't get this attitude by Lou and Nag as this is one industry and yet there's always this "us against them" posting. Be done with it or if you really hate my customers that badly then play somewhere else.

And as for this THREW YOU UNDER THE BUS all year attitude, okay, whatever. I don't even know what you're talking about, but it's obviously festered with you all year and so now you've said it and we know why your posts have had an edge all year. Good, move on, accuse me some more or just forget it.

To HardHeads, here's one clarification: Tom and Greg are EMPLOYEES of F+W Publications. We don't make one single PENNY for adding this contest. We make good business decisions for the good of the NFFC because we hope to work in this business for 12 more years before we retire, not because we're trying to make an extra buck (which we don't). We are proud of what we've built here, but we're not trying to build up equity in this business for ourselves so we can sell it later. We built it, but our company owns ALL OF IT. We only work like we own it because we are two proud guys who really enjoy what we're doing and we want the NFFC to grow and stay around until we retire. I know that's hard to believe, but we're not doing this for the money. Ask John Z. about that if you don't believe me. He still thinks I'm an idiot for staying in this situation!!

Now I'm going to Lambeau Field where I can start drinking before noon. If you boys must act like kids any longer, do it on someone else's playground. This debate has proved it's point and Lou has made us all laugh with his "light hearted" humor after learning about this incredibly low payout from Nag yesterday. Nag lit the fire and got the results he wanted out of his "friend."

And 18 pages later we still have a $10,000 grand prize with 164 guys in the running for it. Good luck all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:29 am

Greg, thanks for providing what should be the final word on this topic.

One final question: will you be leading the Official NFFC Circle Jerk?

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:31 am

Dum dum dum...Another thread bites the dust...Dum dum dum...Another thread bites the dust...Aaaand another thread bites, aaand another thread bites...another thread bites the dust!

I hope this tune sticks in everyone's head, all morning... :D

Good luck in football today.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:16 am

I do want to add one more point and then I'm done: Everyone should know that I have absolutely NOTHING against Lou or Alex. Not now, not ever before. Alex is right, when he first signed up for the NFFC in 2004 I was honored to have a WCOFF veteran also play our game. He was one of the first if not the first WCOFF player to sign up for both games and we've always had good conversations, whether on the phone or in person. I can not remember a single bad word between us.

Nag has talked positively about the NFFC to others and our growth has been helped by him. And when Lou signed up in 2005 after talking with Alex, again we had good conversations then and have everytime since. I respect Lou and last year I was glad to picture him and his son in our Fantasy Sports Magazine as league champs. We've talked on the phone often and again have always had good conversations. Last year when he ran our first three satellite league results without my consent, we talked on the phone and made sure things were handled better the rest of the way. Case closed.

Again, they are treated no differently by me than anyone else in the NFFC. Either one of them could have called me to inquire about the payout rather than make the "light hearted" post that Lou made. They didn't have to, obviously, but both have called me before and this one would have lasted five minutes and cleared everything up. But instead we now have 19 pages of crap.

No big deal. I just wanted to say that I'm perplexed by the "us vs. them" mentality that continues on these boards and those involved continue to allow that to persist. As we head into our fifth year, it's time for the kids to grow up and at least act somewhat mature when disputes arise. I'm not going to ban folks or delete threads or get involved unless I have to. But these boards have so much more potential than what we've seen this year. Maybe the future will be better than the past.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:45 am

Thanks for the clarification Greg!

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:18 am

How did I miss all the fun? :D :D

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:19 am

Sorry forgot too add I didn't join because I did not like the payouts.

So Greg what's up with the 12 team League. :D

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:49 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
How did I miss all the fun? :D :D Feel blessed that you did.