Waiver Wire Week 8

Inf4life

Waiver Wire Week 8

Post by Inf4life » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:16 pm

Do you really think Morgan is going to make that much of a difference with JTO as his QB??
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

kjduke

Waiver Wire Week 8

Post by kjduke » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:39 pm

Originally posted by Go Getta:
Do you really think Morgan is going to make that much of a difference with JTO as his QB?? I don't think that is a big hindrance. On the flipside, JT may look better.

Eddie, didn't get him back in any NFFC lges. In several WCOFF lges got him for:
WCOOFF $165
WCOOFF $126
WCOFF SS $125

Didn't win him in 6 or 7 lges where I bid.

mikeybok

Waiver Wire Week 8

Post by mikeybok » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:23 pm

Didn't get him back on any of my main teams.

Still have him in the NBC DC! This explains why I do better in the leagues I can't mess up! I gave up on him like a dolt.
Hakuna Matata!

Eddiejag

Waiver Wire Week 8

Post by Eddiejag » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:13 am

Will the qb change make a difference , good qusetion.Im hoping not , in that Mike M offensive their should be plenty of ball's coming his way nobody who's throwing them.We really dont know who is the best qb in SAN FRAN and its not like one guys Brady and the other is Bobby Douglas . Smith might be better then JT we really dont know.I just rember how good Morgan was doing early on then he lost 17 pounds and wasnt his self.He looks healthy and he's young and physical.He also has the job given to him so we will see.Not to often i get this excited about a guy on the waiver wire but just a feeling with this guy.Ive been wrong before but he will be in every one of my lineup's againest theSeabag's.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

MGB MARTY

Waiver Wire Week 8

Post by MGB MARTY » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:57 am

Hey Eddie

Got Morgan for 188 181 2nd bid
BenJarvus for 211 86 2nd bid
Love Morgan and needed a RB badly think 211 qwas too much but he did go for a lot more than that and when your RBs are S Jax who hopefully will play and Fargas against the Ravens figured had to roll dice on Morgan Also needed a WR since also being a Cowboy fan loved R Williams being traded there but seems like it will take time for him to grasp the Offense plus no Romo. Kind of a last gasp effort to try to salvage a pathetis season to date. As far as JTO he is averaging 18.5 per game which is better than Ben at 18.2 He is much better in fantasy than in real game but his schedule eases up and 8TDS 1547 yards in 7 games is acceptable. Happy I have him in NBC due to losing Romo.
Good Luck

Marty

Boo

Waiver Wire Week 8

Post by Boo » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:30 am

...the feeling here is that Josh Morgan has the real potential to be THE monster wideout that MMM (Mr. Mike Martz) envisioned for the 49ers when he took over the OC position...it's simply that Bruce, Bryant, Battle, Hill, et al have all failed in this potential goldmine of a role thus far...I've watched this guy play in pre-season and last week and I am sold as he's a polished route runner who has the real star potential that teams drool over...now let's see if that potential translates into production on the gridiron but the opportunity is there, and it is indeed golden...Morgan owners should be excited about him...
Long Live Truth & Justice

da bears

Waiver Wire Week 8

Post by da bears » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:34 am

Yeah I also like Morgan, but I think things will be different with Singeltary in charge now. They are going to run the ball alot more with Gore which is good news for Gore owners.
Bauler Shot Caller

Sandman62

Waiver Wire Week 8

Post by Sandman62 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:13 am

Morgan went for only $124 in Primetime NY League 2. We were going to go after him, but felt our need at RB was stronger. Having Young be a bust, Julius maybe about to lose his job and Chester largely out of the picture leaves us thin behind Barber. Our receivers though are Colston, Boldin, Bryant and Camarillo. So we picked up Benson 2 weeks ago (244) and Stecker this week (93). We grabbed Morgan in another league, but I'm not sure he will blow away Camarillo's production for the rest of the year. Had we not had a decent flex receiver like Camarillo, we would've gone harder for Morgan.

Good luck to all who got him.

We're hoping Stecker gets a few quality games. Might find ourselves playing Benson over Julius at some point too.

Eddiejag

Waiver Wire Week 8

Post by Eddiejag » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:00 pm

MGB Marty nice bid on MORGAN,didnt waste any money.
I also agree with BOO as he hit it on the head.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Captain Hook

Waiver Wire Week 8

Post by Captain Hook » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:11 pm

I don't remember how many leagues I drafted Morgan in - more than one and less than five - but some.

Sadly today he is no longer on any of those (maybe an odd DC someplace)

I admit I was very bullish on the other flavor of the week - BJGE :D