Gekko's pick at 6_REVEALED!!!!!!

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:17 am

Good points being made for even taking Barber ahead of Addai. Although it's going against the consensus, I think Barber is the #5 rb. How much better will he be than a Ryan Grant who should also catch more passes this year and is also in a very good offense and is going in rd 2?

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:40 am

MBIII was a player I FEARED playing against last year.

He made me hate him, he did so well when my opponents had him.

He won me over as the season progressed.

I just wonder if his body can take all the punishment if you add another 60 plus touches to his workload.

He's high on my list.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:16 am

i never say anything i do not mean(gets me in trouble sometimes..hehe)i most definitly respect GG ff game. but why tell who you like at your spot. i sense a different pick here.little smokescreen. :D
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

MGB MARTY

Post by MGB MARTY » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:29 am

Hey Lance
Think Barber will be able to withstand the extra load. He is not like Jacobs of Giants who was not even a goal line back last year. Not like I put a huge amount of weight on ADP but Barber has been increasing in value at a higher percentage than anyone else.I am also a Cowboy fan so there is some bias but he should be taken anywhere from 5-9 depending on your particular league.
Good Luck

Marty

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:39 am

Smokescreen? Have I ever done that!
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:18 am

Quhoags your right , just cant keep my mouth shut.
Still i havnt seen Marion go any higher than 7, so at 5 i have to be safe who they want.Nowif i was picking 8, 9, or10 i wouldnt say a word but at 5 im safe or they will be dragging me out of NY AFTER the riot i will create.i WAS wrong on j jONES a couple years ago when he was a top 10 pick but Barber has a little of a better track record.Thats 2 great years not one great a half a season.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:35 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
I don't take qb in the 1st round by principle. Brady is not even a consideration ...do you think that this is at all close-minded and that you might be selling yourself short here?...SNAKE [/QUOTE]Close-minded? I don't know. I don't consider taking a te, k, or d in the first round either. Is that close minded?

Btw, I just popped 2 xanax. Any suggestions on what I should wash it down with?

The last time I flew in april to new orleans I did 8 xanax and washed it down with 5 beers and 4 shots. Needless to say I have no memory of the plane ride nor the first 24 hours of new orleans.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Team Canada

Post by Team Canada » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:18 am

I got the 4 and I'm pretty sold on LT,Westy,AP and then...Gore
It makes me nervous but considering Addai has lost Saturday for a while and his schedule which I'm not usually huge on just screams tough running yards to me. Were Gore's schedule screams fantasy points to me add to that I believe he was top 3 in percentage of teams total yardage last year, which I believe will go up and there ya have it for now :confused: :D
2008 double playoffs!!

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:22 am

...And the #6 pick in the draft is...

*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."