DYNASTY LEAGUE

RedRyder

DYNASTY LEAGUE

Post by RedRyder » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:19 am

Why aren't some of us die-hards doing a Dynasty League? I gotta tell you, I recently joined one and I am obsessed!!!!!

Is anyone else interested? I know the NFBC is doing a Keeper baseball league, perhaps they will entertain doing a Dynasty League for football?
@RedRyder

Greg Ambrosius

DYNASTY LEAGUE

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:38 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:
Why aren't some of us die-hards doing a Dynasty League? I gotta tell you, I recently joined one and I am obsessed!!!!!

Is anyone else interested? I know the NFBC is doing a Keeper baseball league, perhaps they will entertain doing a Dynasty League for football? If you can get the interest, we'll gladly run the league for ya as we're doing with the NFBC Keeper League that KJ Duke started. It's important to have some guidelines in place should a team or two quit at the end of the year, but other than that I think it's a great idea. Somehow, I think we'll get one of these leagues started this year Jules!! ;) Great idea.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

kjduke

DYNASTY LEAGUE

Post by kjduke » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:06 am

It was discussed last season, I'd be interested.

[ January 31, 2008, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

Coltsfan

DYNASTY LEAGUE

Post by Coltsfan » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:21 am

I would also be interested!

Wayne

Ted's Cracked Head

DYNASTY LEAGUE

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:27 am

Giddie Up!
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

RI WORKHORSE

DYNASTY LEAGUE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:40 am

I wanted to start one last year. We just fell short with sign up's. Then 1/2 of the guys wanted a Keeper league and the other 1/2 wanted a dynasty league.

I would love to do either one. Keeper or dynasty, doesn't matter to me. Put me down...

Jules, you would be alot better then me at getting this league going and getting sign up's.

Im sure it will fill up now......
I.W
Johnny Frisella

RedRyder

DYNASTY LEAGUE

Post by RedRyder » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:16 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by RedRyder:

Is anyone else interested? I know the NFBC is doing a Keeper baseball league, perhaps they will entertain doing a Dynasty League for football? If you can get the interest, we'll gladly run the league for ya as we're doing with the NFBC Keeper League that KJ Duke started. It's important to have some guidelines in place should a team or two quit at the end of the year, but other than that I think it's a great idea. Somehow, I think we'll get one of these leagues started this year Jules!! ;) Great idea.
[/QUOTE]Greg, would we run it thru Stats? Can they do contracts and salaries? Can they handle OL & IDP?
@RedRyder

RedRyder

DYNASTY LEAGUE

Post by RedRyder » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:24 pm

5 folks interested, that's a good start for an off-season post!

I would prefer Dynasty. I would also prefer individual OL positions and IDP, but could live with team OL.

Like I said above, I'm in this intense, competitive Dynasty League and I'm obsessed! Look out, because having to really research OL men and such, it is already making me a better standard Fantasy Footballer.

Once I hear from Greg about who the league host would be (Stats or someone else), we can figure out what the majority of us die-hards prefer in regards to structure and rules.

This could be a ton of fun year-round and for years to come!!!!!
@RedRyder

TOMDOG

DYNASTY LEAGUE

Post by TOMDOG » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:27 pm

I am in a home keeper league,never been in a dynasty league,would love to join.
Open to any and all ideas,please put me on the list Jules.

Greg Ambrosius

DYNASTY LEAGUE

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:43 pm

Originally posted by RedRyder:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by RedRyder:

[/QUOTE]Greg, would we run it thru Stats? Can they do contracts and salaries? Can they handle OL & IDP?
[/QUOTE]You'll have to shoot me your rules and ideas for this before I commit with STATS. I'm contracted for our format and anything specialized would have to be dealt with separately. That said, it can still be done if we know ahead of time what we're looking for and I ask STATS if they can do it. If not, I'm sure we can get someone to specialize for us.

You need to verbalize whether this is a Keeper or Dynasty league as Johnny is right there was confusion last year and then this slipped away. Get the rules and facts down on a separate thread like KJ did with baseball and then start taking the signups. Right now, it's just die-hards are in for just about anything!!! Let's get some parameters down first, a price level down second, a draft format (online or live in one city) and then figure this all out. Then we can get serious.

But of course I'm all for being involved and helping if I can. Good job.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius