Why the NFFC is so special!

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:33 am

Good post Billy. Happy 40th! Aren't our wives great?! My wife gave me an amazing 40th party 2 years ago.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:10 am

Great post Billy.

Have a great BDay!
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:16 am

Great post Billy and happy birthday.

I remember that first year very well. I remember Eddie falling out of his chair. I remember Eddie bringing a large group of friends with him both days and because we were struggling just to get full leagues I grabbed a couple of his friends who said they wanted to draft. One of them was Johnny Frisella, who went on to enjoy a lot of success in the NFFC. I remember the outrage over Adam Caplan sharing some news with everyone moments before the draft, which Adam was taking part in by the way, was about to begin.

I remember how nerve wracking that event was but how much fun it was when we finally got all of the leagues in the room and drafting. It sure was a lot of work but it began a labor of love that has continued to do this day. Fun times.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

da bears

Post by da bears » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:26 am

Good post Billy. :D Happy 40th birthday!! :cool:

I got five more years till I hit that milestone. :D
Bauler Shot Caller

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:31 pm

Happy B Day BWazz! Always good to see and talk with you!
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

Jim Wiseheart

Post by Jim Wiseheart » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:40 am

Belated Happy Birthday Billy. I hope it was a great day for you. See you soon in Chicago.

renman

Post by renman » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:01 am

Wonderful post Billy. I can relate to a lot of what you just said. My NFFC experience (that also started in 2004) has been very similar and now I cannot imagine a fall/winter without the NFFC.

I also made a few posts here about the "bumps in the road" that we have seen and made efforts to put it in perspective. We know the guys at the core of this event know what they are doing and have the events best interests in mind.

The future is bright.

Happy 40th!

TOMDOG

Post by TOMDOG » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:26 am

Excellent post Billy,hope you enjoyed your birthday.

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:18 am

Well I'm a day late but Happy B-day buddy! Glad to see the positive reflection on our NFFC family.
One of the great things about this event is Gregs willingness to let us participate in building it.

KDS..3RR..satelite leagues etc.. were all ideas straight from the players of this event. Because of that we all have ownership in this event and in my mind...a responsibility to promote it and protect it.

The NFFC 14 team event is one of a kind for those who want the ultimate test of their FF prowess.

If the NFFC weren't here this year...what would our FF experience be like in 2010 (I'm just sayin)

I think about that whenever I want to lash out at someone on the MB or wish something in the event was up and running..you know...what kind of 1st impression are we making on someone viewing the post.

Maybe we're chasing away the next Glenn Schroeter or whoever. One less player..one less friend...one less b-day card. Something to think about!

Nice post Billy. I hope we all remember this the next time things aren't going our way.

[ August 16, 2010, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: Route C ]