NFFC Facts After Week 12

King of Queens

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by King of Queens » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:25 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
In a fair contest, there should be no advantage SOLELY attributed to draft slots. Two years in a row for the nffc is bad. Solely? I wouldn't go that far, but it sure does help. You still need a great draft to do well. That said, I like my chances a WHOLE LOT better with a #1 pick versus a #14 pick. My Spidey Senses tell me I'm not alone in this.

The magic 8-ball says that no radical changes will occur in 2007, and the major contests will continue to use random or KDS (i.e. modified random) to determine draft order. However, when a third straight year of top pick dominance happens again (and that's exactly the way it looks right now), people will be out in the streets carrying pitchforks and torches.

da bears

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by da bears » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:32 am

I agree Greg that the 13 week regular season seems just right. I will never play in that other contest because of their short regular season.
Bauler Shot Caller

Gordon Gekko

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:34 am

KoQ - when the data is presented by draft slots, that is SOLEY the defining criteria.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

da bears

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by da bears » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:38 am

I agree Gordon, when 19 out of the top 32 teams drafted from the top three spots there is obviously a problem.
Bauler Shot Caller

renman

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by renman » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:41 am

No matter how you allocate the draft positions certain players are going to have stud seasons and in hindsight certain draft positions will end up having better "stats" than others.

Does not matter if you bid on spot, do it random, do it with KDS, Tomlinson will have had a season for the ages this year and no matter how an owner got the draft position to take LT, assuming he drafted well after that pick he will have had a good season.

Allocating draft slots different will do zero to change this. Now if you are going to in some way handicap teams by penalizing them points for the right to take Tomlinson, that obviously will even the playing field some. I guess that is the direction some here want to go...

[ November 28, 2006, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: renman ]

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:43 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
In a fair contest, there should be no advantage SOLELY attributed to draft slots. Two years in a row for the nffc is bad. Solely? I wouldn't go that far, but it sure does help. You still need a great draft to do well. That said, I like my chances a WHOLE LOT better with a #1 pick versus a #14 pick. My Spidey Senses tell me I'm not alone in this.

The magic 8-ball says that no radical changes will occur in 2007, and the major contests will continue to use random or KDS (i.e. modified random) to determine draft order. However, when a third straight year of top pick dominance happens again (and that's exactly the way it looks right now), people will be out in the streets carrying pitchforks and torches.
[/QUOTE]I swear that you and GG bonded WAY too much in Baltimore two weeks ago. You sound like the same person, which in many ways is scary for you Glenn. GG, I must admit that you amaze even me at times. Embarrassed?? The WCOFF and NFFC should be embarrassed by the top three spots performing better than the others?? Pleeeeaaaassse. Your post is the only embarrassing thing. And please warn me when the pitchforks and torches come because my kids don't realize that daddy is in a dangerous occupation.

The facts definitely speak that one of the greatest seasons in NFL history is playing out as well in fantasy football. There is no question that when you have a dominant back like LT or LJ in 2006, that your chances of winning increase, but this isn't news to those of us who have been playing this game for more than the last five years. It means that others have to be more perfect with their picks as there's less room for error, just like an injury to THAT superstar leaves less room for error.

I am leading the charge with the facts, so let's discuss them when they're done. I'm not embarrassed by our draft selection format, just embarrassed by a few other things. May the best teams win going forward. Sheeesh.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Gordon Gekko

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:49 am

Bidding FAAB or points, renman, is the way to allocate draft slots. Thank you

renman

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by renman » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:52 am

GG,

Bidding faab or points is the only way TO YOU to allocate draft slots. I have watched fantasy football steadily grow for 15 years now with random selected draft positions. How could this happen if it is so inherently unfair? Some of you guys come off here like you have a fantasy football career that has spanned TWO SEASON. I have seen people win from all over a draft board (usually me of course..lol), I do not think the NFFC or WCOFF should in any way be "embarrassed.." are you kidding?

I will repeat...

No matter how you allocate the draft positions certain players are going to have stud seasons and in hindsight certain draft positions will end up having better "stats" than others.

Does not matter if you bid on spot, do it random, do it with KDS, Tomlinson will have had a season for the ages this year and no matter how an owner got the draft position to take LT, assuming he drafted well after that pick he will have had a good season.

Allocating draft slots different will do zero to change this. Now if you are going to in some way handicap teams by penalizing them points for the right to take Tomlinson, that obviously will even the playing field some. I guess that is the direction some here want to go...

[ November 28, 2006, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: renman ]

Gordon Gekko

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:02 am

Renman - if the L.T. Owner drafts well, he'll have a good team...No shitt sherlock!! ROFLMAO