NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:24 am

Originally posted by Quahogs:
GREG's XMAS LIST

DEAR SANTA : please o please...

1. an LT2 groin pull week 13
2. an LT2 groin pull week 14
3. an LT2 groin pull week 15

Q you got that right. throw in a little LJ hammy and it's party time at the Ambrosius household
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Captain Hook

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Captain Hook » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:29 am

Greg/Tom - you might give the posters here some information that would be interesting in judging the usage and efficacy of KDS or BBDS - how many of this year's NFFC competitors actually filled out a KDS preference?

joetreff

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by joetreff » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:35 am

The word "solely" is key.

Say this year Cadillac Williams and Lamont Jordan busted out for 1900 total yards and 22 touchdowns each and LT, LJ and Shaun were back to human averaging 1300 yards and 12 TDs. The #9-#12 slots might show the same disparity that the 1-3 slots show now. The difference is that ALMOST EVERYONE had a chance to draft Jordan and Cadillac this year. LT, LJ, and Shaun went #1-#3 in every draft.

Only 3 people in each league had the chance to draft LT and LJ so those people and those people alone had a distinct advantage.

Arguing against that by saying "Yeah but they still had to draft rounds 2-16" is ignoring the fact that we all had to draft 16 rounds but only 3 people got a shot to have a 6-10 point advantage every week.

I wouldn't trade this contest for anything. If you want the truest meause of skill you should find a salary type game or an eliminator game.

BillyWaz

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:46 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...look, let's allow two equally fast runners (FF owners) to have a 100 yard race...but allow one of the runners to have a 25-40 yard head start (#1, 2, 3 slot)...now let's wager...WHO are YOU putting your loot on Greg?...thanks...SNAKE Little man (great nickname by the way!)

You thought you were equal to me coming into this season. We both got the EXACT same draft slots in the Main event (#9). To use your example, I completely ELIMINATED my top 2 picks (R.Johnson 151.5 points and B.Westbrook 212.9 points), meaning I am pretending that I played with ZERO RB's :eek: all season!!! So I would only start 8 each week to your 10.

Care to see where we would stand and this moment??....

I currently have 1681.25 in the Main
You currently have 1220.50

A LEAD OF 460.75 points

SUBTRACT ALL of R.Johnson and Westbrook......

AND I STILL LEAD YOU BY OVER 96 points!!!! :eek: :eek:

That would be giving you a HUGE lead, and I still have overcome it!

It is the PERSON, not the position Snake!

That all being said, I have ALWATS been a fan of BBDS (basically ANYTHING that gives an owner more control). I thought KDS was a VERY good implementation because it DID give owners more control of their pick.

As far as I know, NO other high stakes contest has ANYTHING which gives ANY owner control, so we should be thankful for something.

I think Greg is pretty clear that he won't use it in the Main next year, so more satellites using it (for those who want it) is better than any other contest out there IMO.

BillyWaz

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:50 am

...call SNAKE idealistic and/or naive if you like, but really now, SNAKE does believe that the BBDS concept (especially points over FA dollars) is NOT in actuality and reality, that difficult for the high-stakes educated FF player to comprehend...SNAKE The key word is "educated".

You yourself were making fun of VARIOUS owner's picks in NY9 saying that it was a joke! When people don't even know the scoring rules, are using cheatsheets from one month before the draft, etc., I hardly call that educated.

Heck, based on your draft in the Main, YOU could be classified as "uneducated"!

Then again, you did take off work and study for a week in the library prior to the draft!

[ November 28, 2006, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

BillyWaz

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:54 am

...seriously now, can anyone treat this guy B. the Wazass for his overwhelming and BEHEMOTH desire to be recognized and his equally overwhelming and HUGE insecurity/inferiority complex?...thanks to all in advance pertaining to helping Wazass recieve help here...SNAKE I'm recognized EVERY day when you pull up the NFFC page, as I haven't been out of the top 20 since day one! ;)

Thanks for the publicity though Snake! :D

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:54 am

Renman
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They have to be palatable to the masses before being part of the mainstream event.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...if KDS & FAAB can be understood and appealing to the masses and herds out there, then WHY CAN'T BBDS (which is a BETTER system than random and/or KDS)?...please, can SOMEONE, ANYONE out there answer this very simple question...BBDS is NOT a more complicated thing to understand than FAAB now, is it?...SNAKE I've returned from my Happy Hour drink special at the Corner Bar and am looped enough to answer your rantings. Nobody has even decided WHAT the best BBDS system is. Use points? Use FAAB? What happens in ties? "What happens if I had been placed in a different league, my bid would have gotten me LT?" "Let's figure out how to better randomly pick leagues now, right?" "I'm in a tougher league than GG, now BBDS isn't fair enough."

All good ideas take time to come to fruition. BBDS was the end-all last year to GG and then the BBDS using actual points came out. What a revelation and everyone switched to that concept. I've already said I don't like BBDS using FAAB as it creates an unfair starting point. Let's iron out these details in satellite leagues or a Friday and/or Sunday live draft and make the system perfect before throwing it into the main event. All these threats of "I'm leaving if it's not changed" and other accusations, isn't helping the cause. But then this is a playground and you guys are allowed to play in the mud each day.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius