NFFC Facts After Week 12

Gordon Gekko

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:32 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Now you REALLY have been drinking your own Kool-Aid, my son. No issues with BBDS using FAAB? What happens if three guys bid $1,000 each for each of the first two picks? Then Tom and I pick names out of a hat, right? Pleeeaasssee, you need to get your facts straight. BBDS with FAAB has NOT been embraced by the masses and most people know that is not an ideal setup for the main event. It's time to agree with that.WRONG . the BBDS supporters would take BBDS using FAAB over KDS and Random ANY DAY OF THE WEEK .
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:34 am

And in the condition you were in on Saturday morning for the draft, you might not have even picked LT or LJ if you had the first pick. Am I correct? :D i woulda picked corona :D

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:35 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by DOOMSDAY:
I do not see BBDS as being confusing and difficult to figure out for anyone. It is the same process as FAAB, which itself is probably new to players that have not been in these high stakes leagues. Instead of bidding on a free agent player each week you are bidding on a draft spot for one week. This may even turn out to help newbies understand FAAB.
GREAT POST! we need more intelligent posters like you. keep up the good work!!!
[/QUOTE]It was a great post, but you only chose to paste the point that pertained to your interests. You're confused. I think I can adequately explain BBDS to the masses and I honestly think some competitors from the other contest would like that setup. I also think NFFC guys could learn to understand it. But BBDS isn't foolproof yet and I'm not ready for it in the main event. Fantasy football as we know it ISN'T BROKE. It really isn't.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:36 am

Originally posted by FISHER:
Greg,

In 2004 & 2005, what draft positions did the $100,000 Champions pick from ? Gekko won in 2004 from the 13th spot and Team NEW led the regular season from the 13th spot. Last year Josh Ferenc led the regular season from the first spot and he won the $100,000 by 2.09 points. Gekko is our poster boy for NOT needing a change! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

TradeStar28

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by TradeStar28 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:39 am

quote:Originally posted by FISHER:
Greg,

In 2004 & 2005, what draft positions did the $100,000 Champions pick from ? Gekko won in 2004 from the 13th spot and Team NEW led the regular season from the 13th spot. Last year Josh Ferenc led the regular season from the first spot and he won the $100,000 by 2.09 points. Gekko is our poster boy for NOT needing a change! :D
[/QUOTE]Thank you Greg,

In 2005, Gantze Macher won by 2.09. Who came in 2nd place ? Was it Bayley ? And if it was, what position did he draft in 2005 ?
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:39 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Now you REALLY have been drinking your own Kool-Aid, my son. No issues with BBDS using FAAB? What happens if three guys bid $1,000 each for each of the first two picks? Then Tom and I pick names out of a hat, right? Pleeeaasssee, you need to get your facts straight. BBDS with FAAB has NOT been embraced by the masses and most people know that is not an ideal setup for the main event. It's time to agree with that.WRONG . the BBDS supporters would take BBDS using FAAB over KDS and Random ANY DAY OF THE WEEK . [/QUOTE]Wow, what a revelation. THE BBDS SUPPORTERS would take BBDS with FAAB over KDS and Random. Well guess what, they are supporters of that system, so obviously they would choose that. Now, more importantly, what would the majority of NFFC supporters choose? The feedback I receive is that you're pushing this so they won't go for it. Thanks.

3INTBOY

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by 3INTBOY » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:41 am

Originally posted by renman:
No matter how you allocate the draft positions certain players are going to have stud seasons and in hindsight certain draft positions will end up having better "stats" than others.

Does not matter if you bid on spot, do it random, do it with KDS, Tomlinson will have had a season for the ages this year and no matter how an owner got the draft position to take LT, assuming he drafted well after that pick he will have had a good season.

Allocating draft slots different will do zero to change this. Now if you are going to in some way handicap teams by penalizing them points for the right to take Tomlinson, that obviously will even the playing field some. I guess that is the direction some here want to go... Excellent on all points.

And the final statement about penalizing teams for the right totake LT?
You could kiss everyone goodbye.

ANY method used to determine the draft order that does not penalize a team for getting LT et al still doesn't change the fact that SOMEONE in the league will get LT.

WTH is so damn hard to understand about that?
It's soley the draft slot, whatever draft slot it ends up as...

Random is/was fine. It works for/against. There are plenty of SA owners it worked against...

Here's another thought to chew on. Lets say you come up with some totally random method that is so fair for the first round its remarkable, and it allows for LT2 or LJ or whomever to be drafted at the # 12 spot (random spot on my part) THEN the #12 owner gets to chose another player only 5 picks later! So you COULD end up with a team that has LT2 LJ AND Westbrook, Steven Jackson or whomever you want to use as an example.

Lets then assume you come up with some kind of other method that allows for a team to be penalized for "getting" the top picks, who determines what players are exceeding their value/draft slot and therefore points should be handicapped? Will there be a list before each season stating what players are a penalized/handicapp player? What if you get Steven Jackson (or whomever) at 12 and he is the #1 RB, is that o.k. but the guy who drafted fiirst is STILL handicapped? Where would it end to tweak it all to perceived fairness?

It's a lame argument that goes something like this:

What comes first, the chicken or the egg?
Answer: Who knows and who cares...

2 MBs are tied up with this subject, and it's the non owners of these players making the stink. Last year when I had a tough season due to injuries I did NOT look at the other teams with envy that drafted LT2 or LJ etc. I just played the game to win each week with the players I had.

Simple really....

As are the numbers, the top teams have had an advantage, when you are a top drafting team, it's your advantage. Nothing wrong with that at all.

3'

Gordon Gekko

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:42 am

greg - you better save some of your ammo for next week...after you post the FACTS through Week 13. ;)

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:43 am

Originally posted by FISHER:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by FISHER:
Greg,

[/QUOTE]Thank you Greg,

In 2005, Gantze Macher won by 2.09. Who came in 2nd place ? Was it Bayley ? And if it was, what position did he draft in 2005 ?
[/QUOTE]Scott Stauffer finished second (OUT OF THE SHADOWS) and drafted from the fourth spot. John Bayley finished third and made one mistake that prevented him from winning the $100,000. He drafted from the ninth hole. Ken Magner drafted from the fourth hole. As I've said before, I trust several teams from different draft spots will compete for the $100,000 in the Championship Round.

TradeStar28

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by TradeStar28 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:44 am

Actually Greg,

I just pulled up the information. Team Bayley finished 3rd in championship round. He missed out on the $100,000 by about 6 points. But if I recall, he made a brutal roster decision in Week 16 i think....an obvious one that cost him. He drafted 9th overall.

Its obvious that the 1-8 spots are not ideal to win $100,000 using 2 years data.
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again