NFFC Facts After Week 12

BillyWaz

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:15 am

Originally posted by 3INTBOY/BFDFANTASY.com:
quote:Originally posted by renman:
No matter how you allocate the draft positions certain players are going to have stud seasons and in hindsight certain draft positions will end up having better "stats" than others.

Does not matter if you bid on spot, do it random, do it with KDS, Tomlinson will have had a season for the ages this year and no matter how an owner got the draft position to take LT, assuming he drafted well after that pick he will have had a good season.

Allocating draft slots different will do zero to change this. Now if you are going to in some way handicap teams by penalizing them points for the right to take Tomlinson, that obviously will even the playing field some. I guess that is the direction some here want to go... ANY method used to determine the draft order that does not penalize a team for getting LT et al still doesn't change the fact that SOMEONE in the league will get LT.

[/QUOTE]This is great point "3". Honestly, if we did do BBDS people I know there are people who would STILL say "you only did well because you bid all of your free agent $$". :rolleyes:

Team Legacy

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Team Legacy » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:30 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Team Legacy:
Wow, I had no idea Greg was this involved in the Message Boards over here.

I need to check in more often. Can I play? Scott, sometimes you need to battle with the MB boys too! :D Of course you can play, but I already know your thoughts from watching the other boards. So, how do you fix the problem? BBDS??? Give us your wise thoughts.
[/QUOTE]I think more people should EMBRACE change. Ideas are out there, there's lots of them. Let the cream rise to the top.

People AGAINST a change to EVEN out the odds or AGAINST attempts to make it MORE FAIR are just being ridiculous really.

I mean...
I wonder what the debate sounded like BEFORE serpentine drafting.

Hey, the draft order is 1 thru 12. It's fair, everyone has a shot at the 1 pick. It's fair. Our chances were equal of getting the 1 pick.

Why did those poor shlaps ever decide in this wild and crazy SERPENTINE drafting thing?
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

mikeybok

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by mikeybok » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:33 am

Originally posted by Team Legacy:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Team Legacy:
Wow, I had no idea Greg was this involved in the Message Boards over here.

I need to check in more often. Can I play? Scott, sometimes you need to battle with the MB boys too! :D Of course you can play, but I already know your thoughts from watching the other boards. So, how do you fix the problem? BBDS??? Give us your wise thoughts.
[/QUOTE]I think more people should EMBRACE change. Ideas are out there, there's lots of them. Let the cream rise to the top.

People AGAINST a change to EVEN out the odds or AGAINST attempts to make it MORE FAIR are just being ridiculous really.

I mean...
I wonder what the debate sounded like BEFORE serpentine drafting.

Hey, the draft order is 1 thru 12. It's fair, everyone has a shot at the 1 pick. It's fair. Our chances were equal of getting the 1 pick.

Why did those poor shlaps ever decide in this wild and crazy SERPENTINE drafting thing?
[/QUOTE]Add 1 to the ... open mind ... column.

You need to post more Scott
Hakuna Matata!

mikeybok

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by mikeybok » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:51 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by UFS:
Subtracting points each week from all team scores where a team bid points makes me want to puke.

What's next? Do we have to hire a CPA to figure out if we won or lost? exactly, that's one of bugs of BBDS with points.
[/QUOTE]:rolleyes:

So getting LT ... and giving up 6 points a week to get him is too complicated for the two of you?

A fifth of Jack can make you puke too, so maybe you ment that in a good way UFS.

I am beginning to think 3RR/KDS combo is more realistic for the masses.
Hakuna Matata!

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:02 pm

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Subtracting points each week from all team scores where a team bid points makes me want to puke.

What's next? Do we have to hire a CPA to figure out if we won or lost? exactly, that's one of bugs of BBDS with points.
[/QUOTE]Hmmm, time for a new thread. Honestly, does this have more merit than BBDS using points? I may be leaning that way. Inquiring minds want to know.

It doesn't mess with the points or FAAB and is somewhat easy to explain. It would create some fun with KDS as well. It's a worthy thought.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

ultimatefs

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:12 pm

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

So getting LT ... and giving up 6 points a week to get him is too complicated for the two of you?

A fifth of Jack can make you puke too, so maybe you ment that in a good way UFS.

[/QUOTE]FF should not be a second job.

To use BBDS/pts, you'll need to bid in decimals.

Bid in decimals, and it's not "6 pts", it's likely to be 6.13585 per week.

Can't wait until someone loses by 0.00415, or worse loses because of some round up/down rule.

3rr eliminates so much crap. It is simple, and it better evens out the picks.

It's not LT, it's the first picks in rounds 3 and 5 that make these picks more valuable than just the picks alone.

Some say pick 5 moveing from 33 to 38 is bad. I say that moving up in rd 4 offsets that and that 4 in top 47 is better than 4 in top 52.

What also is offset in 3rr is the simplistic planning that goes with picks 1-3 in the early rounds. This to me is huge. It's almost like they get to autodraft.

Put pick 1 at the end of round 3 and they will have to make much harder decisions on their picks in rounds 2-5, just like the rest of the picks.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

BONGIZMO

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by BONGIZMO » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:24 pm

Well it's nice to see that no matter how long one is away, when they return Gekko is acting the prophet and spreading his gospel.

I also find it entertaining to see him talk about facts, and still manipulate so many of you into emotionial responses.

If the disciples of GG want to follow someone, maybe they should find a new GOD because GG has proven he isn't a Fantasy Football legend other than in his own mind. I have never seen someone live off their one success for so long, why can't you act like Barry, Walter or LT when they score and act like you have been there before? Why try to bully, slander and attempt to control all topics here Gordon? Oh that's right, it's because in the main events, you have to live on that one season of success it appears as you may never get their again any time soon.

Let's look at the facts...

04 NFFC Reg Season 10-3 1686.50 8th overall coming out of the 13 slot.

05 NFFC 5-8, 1533.65, 142nd out of the 5th hole.

06 NFFC YTD 3-9, 1360.40, 238th out of the 6 slot.

One bad season may be luck but two seem to dictate a trend and further evidence that you may be a one year wonder. Just talking facts here Gordy and showing that you may not be worthy of being the 'voice' of the NFFC.

[ November 28, 2006, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: BONGIZMO ]
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

Eddiejag

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Eddiejag » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:41 pm

WOW , THAT TOOK A LONG TIME TO READ.O.K if the season plays out like it is , and were not going BBDS, THEN I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SEE the 3RRKDS.I think this will help a lot, the LT and LJ guys wont get that stud wideout or the last possible stud running back. THANKS.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Gordon Gekko

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:00 pm

Originally posted by BONGIZMO:
GG has proven he isn't a Fantasy Football legend other than in his own mind. I have never seen someone live off their one success for so long ahhh...yes i've had other success stories within the NFFC. hopefully even more this year. watch and learn chumpy :D
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

BONGIZMO

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by BONGIZMO » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:07 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by BONGIZMO:
GG has proven he isn't a Fantasy Football legend other than in his own mind. I have never seen someone live off their one success for so long ahhh...yes i've had other success stories within the NFFC. hopefully even more this year. watch and learn chumpy :D [/QUOTE]The key words in my post as clearly stated involved the main event since that is what you have continued to live on and the barometer that we can measure all gamers against. You are the cut and paste master Gordon, taking only what works for your posts and disregarding the rest...truly a piece of work. :D
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.