NFFC Facts After Week 12

ultimatefs

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:18 pm

Originally posted by BONGIZMO:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by BONGIZMO:
GG has proven he isn't a Fantasy Football legend other than in his own mind. I have never seen someone live off their one success for so long ahhh...yes i've had other success stories within the NFFC. hopefully even more this year. watch and learn chumpy :D [/QUOTE]The key words in my post as clearly stated involved the main event since that is what you have continued to live on and the barometer that we can measure all gamers against. You are the cut and paste master Gordon, taking only what works for your posts and disregarding the rest...truly a piece of work. :D
[/QUOTE]Thanks for the Bongo redundant quarterly report.

Do you ever have anything else to say?
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

mikeybok

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by mikeybok » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:19 pm

Originally posted by UFS:

3rr eliminates so much crap. It is simple, and it better evens out the picks.

It's not LT, it's the first picks in rounds 3 and 5 that make these picks more valuable than just the picks alone.

Some say pick 5 moveing from 33 to 38 is bad. I say that moving up in rd 4 offsets that and that 4 in top 47 is better than 4 in top 52.

What also is offset in 3rr is the simplistic planning that goes with picks 1-3 in the early rounds. This to me is huge. It's almost like they get to autodraft.

Put pick 1 at the end of round 3 and they will have to make much harder decisions on their picks in rounds 2-5, just like the rest of the picks. This was a good post ... I agree with this %100.

I still like BBDS points better ... but I would live with 3RR/KDS combo.

It makes the top 7 picks worse and the bottem 7 picks better. The 4th pick with 3RR is still better than the 11th pick now and not as good as the 4th pick now. The 11th pick 3RR is better than the 11th pick now and not as good as the 4th pick now.

It brings the picks more into balance and we'll be debating if the 11th pick is better than the 4th pick instead of assuming it is.
Hakuna Matata!

kjduke

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by kjduke » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:25 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
I am beginning to think 3RR/KDS combo is more realistic for the masses. Hmmm, time for a new thread.

It doesn't mess with the points or FAAB and is somewhat easy to explain. It would create some fun with KDS as well. It's a worthy thought.

We have an old thread that will work just fine ... and that thread says 80% of owners who've chimed in with an opinion already prefer KDS/3RR to vanilla KDS ! :D

As much as I believe BBDS is the most equitable solution, I have been amazed at how much resistance there is to it. At this point, I think I understand WHY the resistance is there, and unfortunately it probably isn't going away anytime soon.

I think KDS/3RR is the best solution for now, and probably the next few years ... even though it is not my personal preference.

Gordon Gekko

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:34 pm

Originally posted by UFS:
Thanks for the Bongo redundant quarterly report.

Do you ever have anything else to say? LOL!! :D
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

ultimatefs

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:34 pm

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by UFS:
[qb]

It brings the picks more into balance and we'll be debating if the 11th pick is better than the 4th pick instead of assuming it is. This is exactly what we talk about now in hoops.

There is no more assuming that one pick is incredibly better than another.

BTW, I picked 11th in hoops (out of 15) this year and I'm 17-1. If Boozer round 3 and A.Miller round 5, went at the other end of the draft, I might be .500.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Gordon Gekko

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:36 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
I think KDS/3RR is the best solution for now...even though it is not my personal preference. i might be on board with this one for next year :D
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

King of Queens

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by King of Queens » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:49 pm

GG -- shhh! You're going to scare Greg away from an excellent interim compromise. :D

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:49 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:
I think KDS/3RR is the best solution for now...even though it is not my personal preference. i might be on board with this one for next year :D [/QUOTE]There seems to be a melding of the minds tonight. I may look into this more as it would create some interest in a lot of different ways. UFS may be onto something, but that statement will self destruct in 10 seconds!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

King of Queens

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by King of Queens » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:49 pm

GG -- shhh! You're going to scare Greg away from an excellent interim compromise. :D

GOD Loves You

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by GOD Loves You » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:55 pm

Ask Eddie how he is faring in the Snake Classic. He bid $800+ to secure the top pick and chose LJ. He's in 11th place(7th in pts) and is a very competant owner. How's that for a fact?
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL