NFFC Facts After Week 12

ultimatefs

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:01 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:
I think KDS/3RR is the best solution for now...even though it is not my personal preference. i might be on board with this one for next year :D [/QUOTE]There seems to be a melding of the minds tonight. I may look into this more as it would create some interest in a lot of different ways. UFS may be onto something, but that statement will self destruct in 10 seconds!! :D
[/QUOTE]May a 1000 snake/waz posts infest your shorts.

Even with 33r, the LT teams would probably be the best still IMO.

20% still alive is a VERY GOOD number IMO, but MORE in the hunt right now is what will grow the event in the long run.

3rr would raise that 15-25 teams IMO, making it 25-28% still alive.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

King of Queens

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by King of Queens » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:35 pm

UFS -- do you have any 3RR data for football, or is your experience limited to hoops? I think the logic is the same --

*LeBron, KG etal are much more valuable than the players taken at the end of the 1st

*Early 2nd round picks not much better (but an improvement over) late 2nd round picks

*Ditto with 3rd round

*Giving early 2nd and 3rd round picks to teams picking last in the 1st helps to "bridge the gap"

Greg, does this concept have any chance of happening in the main event? Seems really simple, and combined with KDS, could be an excellent selling point for new customers.

ultimatefs

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:18 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
UFS -- do you have any 3RR data for football, or is your experience limited to hoops? I think the logic is the same -- Only in hoops. It's 10x worse there.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:21 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
UFS -- do you have any 3RR data for football, or is your experience limited to hoops? I think the logic is the same --

*LeBron, KG etal are much more valuable than the players taken at the end of the 1st

*Early 2nd round picks not much better (but an improvement over) late 2nd round picks

*Ditto with 3rd round

*Giving early 2nd and 3rd round picks to teams picking last in the 1st helps to "bridge the gap"

Greg, does this concept have any chance of happening in the main event? Seems really simple, and combined with KDS, could be an excellent selling point for new customers. I was going to ask John the same thing: John, do you do 3RR in football? If so, for how many years? Also, John what order does the fourth round go in? 1-14 and then serpentine after that?

Having 14 pick 14, 15 and 29 now makes 14-team leagues more acceptable. I see more upside than downside and allowing KDS creates a whole new level of strategy to the mix. It really would set the NFFC apart from the competition. I actually like it the more I think about it.

I'd love to try some mock drafts in December with our NFFC Content Panel and give this a test run. I have a feeling the results would be interesting. Anyone up for that?

Oh, I'll add that since Snake is against it, yes KOQ the concept does have a chance for the main event in 2007!

[ November 28, 2006, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Ted's Cracked Head

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:42 pm

UFS, for the 4th time I have asked.

Using your KDS/3RR system, which pick would you want?

I believe that it would negatively impact more slots for the sole purpose of diminishing the effects of one or two freak players who could have their careers ended this week. What if LT pulls a Sanders/Barber and pulls the plug in a year? Are we going back to the normal snake because the freaks are gone?

[ November 28, 2006, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: Ted's Cracked Head ]
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

King of Queens

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by King of Queens » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:48 pm

TCH -- the freaks will ALWAYS be there.

Trust me. :D

King of Queens

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by King of Queens » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:52 pm

Greg, I have to say, you're in rare form today -- must be a reaction to being "called out"

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:05 pm

Originally posted by Ted's Cracked Head:
UFS, for the 4th time I have asked.

Using your KDS/3RR system, which pick would you want?

I believe that it would negatively impact more slots for the sole purpose of diminishing the effects of one or two freak players who could have their careers ended this week. What if LT pulls a Sanders/Barber and pulls the plug in a year? Are we going back to the normal snake because the freaks are gone? Rob, I still think people would take 1 or 2 even with the third round being reversed, don't you? I mean, so you get 1, 28 and 42, 43. Most people would be able to live with that. But think about people at 13 or 14, now loving three picks in the top 29-30. It does have some benefits and not even thinking just about 2007 with LT and LJ. While 4 and 5 have been rough spots this year, if I recall 4 was a hot pick last year because Tiki was so dominant and there were several second round WRs who performed well. I'd really like to see some mock drafts to see if 4, 5 and 6 are greatly affected in this process.

I'm open minded about this concept as it doesn't play with FAAB and doesn't play with the points. Everyone is starting from scratch, with only one round being changed, and then it's back to serpentine after that. It definitely has some benefits for a larger league size (14) like the NFFC.

Thoughts?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius