NFFC Facts After Week 12

King of Queens

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by King of Queens » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:10 pm

I like it, Greg. Best of all, it has the UFS seal of approval -- that's gotta mean something, right?

King of Queens

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by King of Queens » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:11 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...and by the way, for the record here KOQ, SNAKE feels bad about the way that whole thing went down during the SSDC28 draft and honestly wishes that you had Marion Barber II on your roster...SNAKE What's the richest nation in the world?

The DOUGH-nation.

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:11 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Greg, I have to say, you're in rare form today -- must be a reaction to being "called out" Your posse was getting too large and some of your outlaws needed to be cut down to size. I was gunning for you first, but you left Tombstone for much of the afternoon. Snake was like shooting fish in a barrel and GG lasted longer than I expected. But there's a new sheriff in town and I wasn't about to let this thread get hijacked by 1) a BBDS proponent; or 2) a Snake vs. BWaz feud. :D

Besides, I'm not passively sitting back and turning a deaf ear to the draft selection process. I see what others are saying on the other boards and how it's being received there. We're a little different here and Tom and I aren't afraid to make changes. And if we decide to keep the 14-team format because we believe in it, then maybe we do need to balance both ends of the spectrum. I wasn't sure it was possible with all the crazy ideas out there and then I gave 3RR another thought. When others posted what I was thinking, I gave it a third thought. Now I want to try some mock drafting to see how it plays out and make a good decision for all our events going forward.

The loudest on these boards are not always speaking for the majority. Trust me, I'll make sure I'm speaking for the majority whenever any major decisions are made. If that's rare form, or coming down to the MB masses' level, then I guess that's what I was today.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:14 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
I like it, Greg. Best of all, it has the UFS seal of approval -- that's gotta mean something, right? I'm considering it IN SPITE of UFS coming up with the idea! :D The fact that he hasn't done it yet in football means he isn't first with the concept. We'll see how it plays out.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

King of Queens

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by King of Queens » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:15 pm

Wyatt Ambrosius strikes again...

ultimatefs

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:08 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
I was going to ask John the same thing: John, do you do 3RR in football? If so, for how many years? Also, John what order does the fourth round go in? 1-14 and then serpentine after that?

Having 14 pick 14, 15 and 29 now makes 14-team leagues more acceptable. I see more upside than downside and allowing KDS creates a whole new level of strategy to the mix. It really would set the NFFC apart from the competition. I actually like it the more I think about it.

[/QB][/quote]

Come on... I have posted on this many times...

hoops only. seven years.

1) 1-14
2) 14-1
3) 14-1
4) 1-14
5) 14-1
6) 1-14, etc...

Set some mocks up right now. You'll see right away. Look at my ADP post.

And Snake, there are always a few top players that fall into picks 1-3 in round 3 every year. Why should they fall to them when 1-3 in round one ALREADY fell to them?
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

ultimatefs

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:11 pm

Originally posted by Ted's Cracked Head:
UFS, for the 4th time I have asked.

Using your KDS/3RR system, which pick would you want?

I believe that it would negatively impact more slots for the sole purpose of diminishing the effects of one or two freak players who could have their careers ended this week. What if LT pulls a Sanders/Barber and pulls the plug in a year? Are we going back to the normal snake because the freaks are gone? I don't know. I haven't given it much thought.

My gut tells me like I've posted before that it will be 55-65% putting the top picks on KDS instead of 95%.

It really has nothing to do with LT, it has to do with LT owners getting the top picks to start rounds 3 and 5. See my "autodraft" post.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.