NFFC Facts After Week 12

Ted's Cracked Head

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:12 pm

I say lets get 13 more people (after my entry) and lets draft one now using this system and have it run thru week 17.

$50 each.

We draft tomorrow night at 7pm central at Mock Central. This week counts.

Random draw due to time constraints.

The $700 in winnings go to the charity of the Total Point leaders choice?

Greg is this doable?

Anyone else in?

1) Ted's Cracked Head
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

ultimatefs

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:15 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Ted's Cracked Head:
UFS, for the 4th time I have asked.

Using your KDS/3RR system, which pick would you want?

I believe that it would negatively impact more slots for the sole purpose of diminishing the effects of one or two freak players who could have their careers ended this week. What if LT pulls a Sanders/Barber and pulls the plug in a year? Are we going back to the normal snake because the freaks are gone? Rob, I still think people would take 1 or 2 even with the third round being reversed, don't you? I mean, so you get 1, 28 and 42, 43. Most people would be able to live with that. But think about people at 13 or 14, now loving three picks in the top 29-30. It does have some benefits and not even thinking just about 2007 with LT and LJ. While 4 and 5 have been rough spots this year, if I recall 4 was a hot pick last year because Tiki was so dominant and there were several second round WRs who performed well. I'd really like to see some mock drafts to see if 4, 5 and 6 are greatly affected in this process.

I'm open minded about this concept as it doesn't play with FAAB and doesn't play with the points. Everyone is starting from scratch, with only one round being changed, and then it's back to serpentine after that. It definitely has some benefits for a larger league size (14) like the NFFC.

Thoughts?
[/QUOTE]What he said. lol.

How can 3rr being any worse than the stats 4-6 CURRENTLY have?

Pick 5 - 4 in the top 47 is better than 4 in the top 52.

Also, 5th pick's 3rd and 4th would be closer together than 37/52, allowing for more draft strategy in "tying" players together. That helps that pick just a tad.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

ultimatefs

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:24 pm

quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
I like it, Greg. Best of all, it has the UFS seal of approval -- that's gotta mean something, right? I'm considering it IN SPITE of UFS coming up with the idea! :D The fact that he hasn't done it yet in football means he isn't first with the concept. We'll see how it plays out. [/QUOTE]Private Leagues have been doing this for a long time.

Perry even mentioned his experiences.

I offered it as a suggestion because if worked out GREAT in my hoops leagues.

After all this debate, I think for THIS prize level, it needs to be done over current mode.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

kjduke

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by kjduke » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:24 pm

quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
I like it, Greg. Best of all, it has the UFS seal of approval -- that's gotta mean something, right? I'm considering it IN SPITE of UFS coming up with the idea! :D The fact that he hasn't done it yet in football means he isn't first with the concept. We'll see how it plays out. [/QUOTE]Good to see the ole' risk-taking Greg back at the wheel!

... for my snappy "/3RR" moniker and tireless promotion on behalf of UFS, I just want to make sure that I make it into the first KDS/3RR league ... :D

Ted's Cracked Head

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:32 pm

If LT continues to blow away the field, this 3rr concept will sell itself if used here next year.

The buzz is that strong and I think it would make good business sense.

It would really need to play out for a year or two to get a sense of the effect on the competitive balance but there is no downside other than a few slots moving back a few spots at a critical time in the draft but that is the time when folks start selecting who they want anyway regardless of the adp stuff.

Go for it!

Note: I would likely prefer the 12-14 slots under this system.

[ November 29, 2006, 01:38 AM: Message edited by: Ted's Cracked Head ]
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

kjduke

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by kjduke » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:53 pm

Originally posted by Ted's Cracked Head:
If LT continues to blow away the field, this 3rr concept will sell itself if used here next year.

The buzz is that strong and I think it would make good business sense.

It would really need to play out for a year or two to get a sense of the effect on the competitive balance but there is no downside other than a few slots moving back a few spots at a critical time in the draft but that is the time when folks start selecting who they want anyway regardless of the adp stuff.

Go for it!

Good points crack head.

- The case for an early slot is obvious.
- The case for a middle slot is maximum flexibility in responding to a run.
- The case for a late slot is legitimized with 3RR.

What KDS lacked was balance. This should do the trick.

wayne123

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by wayne123 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:59 pm

I gave this a lot of thought...OK....please stop laughing. At first I felt that 3rr would do nothing to eliminate the threat of a low pick dominating the league. But, that is a glass half-empty approach. Looking at it more positively...it will at least help to offset the top pick a little. So, I have now become a supporter of KDS with 3rr. You have won me over AND have gained full control of the language as well. I cannot believe that KDS, 3rr, BDSS, YHqa5, and G2V2 now mean something to me. Geeeeeeez!
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

BillyWaz

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:14 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
Greg Ambrosius

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by King of Queens:
Greg, I have to say, you're in rare form today -- must be a reaction to being "called out"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your posse was getting too large and some of your outlaws needed to be cut down to size. I was gunning for you first, but you left Tombstone for much of the afternoon. Snake was like shooting fish in a barrel and GG lasted longer than I expected. But there's a new sheriff in town and I wasn't about to let this thread get hijacked by 1) a BBDS proponent; or 2) a Snake vs. BWaz feud.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...simply another example of one's perception, no matter how delusional it might be, being one's reality...hehehe...SNAKE
It is DEAD ON. You have been an easy target with your "waffling", excuses, and poor performance for years Snake.

Sound Advice

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Sound Advice » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:57 am

If the problem is an unfair advantage, why would giving the advantage to someone else be better?
The 14th spot would best by far.
What a waste of time. (And a logistics nightmare)

I'll try this once again, it makes much more sense and would be uncomparable to other events, and fun also: It would definately be more fair than the current system.

1) - 1-14
2) - 14-1
3) - 1-14
4) - 14-1
5) - 1-14
6) - 14-1
7) - 1-14
8) - 14-1
20 minute break, switch directions:
9) - 14-1
10) - 1-14
11) - 14-1
12) - 1-14
13) - 14-1
14) - 1-14
15) - 14-1
16) - 1-14
17) - 14-1
18) - 1-14
19) - 14-1 (allow 1 extra bench player)

Baby steps folks.
Baby steps.
Switching directions in round 3 is way too early.

The reason for even amount of rounds is so that if you pick first in the first round, you pick last in the last round, or if you pick last in the first round, you pick first in the last round.

Mission accomplished.
And no self-serving changes.

The only fair game with an odd number of rounds.

Your friend,
The Godfather of 19 rounds, switch after 8, and extra bench player.