NFFC Facts After Week 12

Gordon Gekko

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:48 am

Originally posted by Sound Advice:

Your friend,
The Godfather of 19 rounds, switch after 8, and extra bench player. LOL!
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

BillyWaz

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:13 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...ya know something Billyboy, you are a funny little man...SNAKE Very original Snake! :rolleyes:

Now comrades, as always.....BillyWaz is preaching peace and harmony this Wednesday morning! Peace and harmony to all the fighting FF warriors out there! :D

mikeybok

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by mikeybok » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:19 am

Originally posted by Sound Advice:
If the problem is an unfair advantage, why would giving the advantage to someone else be better?
The 14th spot would best by far.
What a waste of time. (And a logistics nightmare)

I'll try this once again, it makes much more sense and would be uncomparable to other events, and fun also: It would definately be more fair than the current system.

1) - 1-14
2) - 14-1
3) - 1-14
4) - 14-1
5) - 1-14
6) - 14-1
7) - 1-14
8) - 14-1
20 minute break, switch directions:
9) - 14-1
10) - 1-14
11) - 14-1
12) - 1-14
13) - 14-1
14) - 1-14
15) - 14-1
16) - 1-14
17) - 14-1
18) - 1-14
19) - 14-1 (allow 1 extra bench player)

Baby steps folks.
Baby steps.
Switching directions in round 3 is way too early.

The reason for even amount of rounds is so that if you pick first in the first round, you pick last in the last round, or if you pick last in the first round, you pick first in the last round.

Mission accomplished.
And no self-serving changes.

The only fair game with an odd number of rounds.

Your friend,
The Godfather of 19 rounds, switch after 8, and extra bench player. So your saying giving someone the first pick slot in rounds 3 - 18 and the 14th slot in rounds 1 and 2 .... is too big of an advantage?

You like it better when we give someone the first pick in rounds 3 - 18 and the first pick in rounds one and two?

You need to rethink this Sound Advice.

The 14th pick might arguably be the best by far ... but it's not nearly as good as the first pick now.

... BTW ... You ARE the godfather of that idea ... lol.

[ November 29, 2006, 08:23 AM: Message edited by: Ugly Yellow Tomatoes ]
Hakuna Matata!

renman

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by renman » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:30 am

Wow, that was some interesting reading. I have to admit I am happy to see someone other than me (Greg) highlight that there is definately a "message board posse" (I called it a message board fraternity) that runs around this place with a mob mentality where they attack those who do not blindly follow their reckless ideas.

Having said that. I must admit when I first heard about 3RR I just glossed over it thinking "fantasy football is not broken and has been spreading like wild fire for years even with how we allocate draft positions now.. why fix what is not broken..." I just assumed it was another crack-pot idea and I did not look at it much.

I now have looked at it more and think it does have merit. Here are some of my questions...

- Are we sure the 3rd round is the right place to reverse things? why not the 4th? Has research been done to determine statistically the 3rd is the best?

-Is this concept primarily based on LT and LJ having hugely dominant seasons combined with at least half of the other "1st round RB's" underperforming?

-What about the seasons where most 1st round RB's perform well and there is not a huge difference between the first 2-3 rbs and the 8th-12th? Seasons like this (with LT being so dominant) and even last year are not the norm from my experience. Will we now be giving an "unfair advantage" to the later drafting teams?

I guess I find the concept interesting when combined with KDS so it allows us some control strategy wise where we end up on the board. I would be interested in hearing the thoughts of those who came up with 3RR or have used it already.

mkrucek

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by mkrucek » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:50 am

Originally posted by renman:
Wow, that was some interesting reading. I have to admit I am happy to see someone other than me (Greg) highlight that there is definately a "message board posse" (I called it a message board fraternity) that runs around this place with a mob mentality where they attack those who do not blindly follow their reckless ideas.

Having said that. I must admit when I first heard about 3RR I just glossed over it thinking "fantasy football is not broken and has been spreading like wild fire for years even with how we allocate draft positions now.. why fix what is not broken..." I just assumed it was another crack-pot idea and I did not look at it much.

I now have looked at it more and think it does have merit. Here are some of my questions...

- Are we sure the 3rd round is the right place to reverse things? why not the 4th? Has research been done to determine statistically the 3rd is the best?

-Is this concept primarily based on LT and LJ having hugely dominant seasons combined with at least half of the other "1st round RB's" underperforming?

-What about the seasons where most 1st round RB's perform well and there is not a huge difference between the first 2-3 rbs and the 8th-12th? Seasons like this (with LT being so dominant) and even last year are not the norm from my experience. Will we now be giving an "unfair advantage" to the later drafting teams?

I guess I find the concept interesting when combined with KDS so it allows us some control strategy wise where we end up on the board. I would be interested in hearing the thoughts of those who came up with 3RR or have used it already. So what you're saying, if we're being honest here, is that you're for the idea but you really don't want to see it rammed down people's throats in the main event as that might cause people to not sign up and therefore slow the growth of the event, so we should really leave it up to the organizers to determine when the right time is to implement such a strategy as they have done a great job so far and we can't tell where the best spots to draft from are anyway until after the fact. Correct?
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

Gordon Gekko

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:01 am

Originally posted by renman:

- Are we sure the 3rd round is the right place to reverse things? why not the 4th? 4th round? Did you take your intelligence pill today? 4th round!!!! ROFLMAO!!

renman

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by renman » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:09 am

Wow,

gekko while combing through my posts like a CSI agent finds a mistake (mainly over semantics) and is so thrilled that he has something to mock he likely tripped over himself trying to get to the "add reply" button to add his brilliant post saying "You are a dumb dumb HAHAHAHAHAH ROFLMAO!!!!"

He always adds so much...lol

Now back to the POINT of my post that gekko shockingly ignored.

-Have we done any investigation to determine where the right place is to reverse things? Why that spot?

[ November 29, 2006, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: renman ]

renman

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by renman » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:11 am

4D,

I see you are trying very hard to get some applause and acceptance from the message board fraternity by mocking me. I hope, for your sake, your efforts don't go unoticed...lol

Anyone care to talk about football or the NFFC?

Gordon Gekko

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:15 am

Greg - can we reverse the 4th round or wait...how bout the 6th round? Lol

Gordon Gekko

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:19 am

Renman - it's easy to find your lies andor lack of fact checking andor lack of intelligence. Every honest and real person can see that.

Ps - I do watch CSI