NFFC Facts After Week 12

TamuScarecrow

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by TamuScarecrow » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:02 am

For those who do not tread in the satellite league world, BBDS has been done the last 2 years and is enjoyed by those who play in these leagues. As I have read on countless pages, it is not going to stop LT from putting up huge numbers but it will limit the amount of in-season moves an owner can make depending on the amount of his FA investment to draft LT. Last year in the GEKKO league, draft spot #3 beat draft spot #14 for the title. In this year's SNAKE Classic, the top 4 are from draft spot #'s 3, 6, 8, and 14. Common denominator here seems to be to avoid the middle of the draft. I'm sure GG could put together the stats on the BBDS satellite leagues we've had so far to educate people on this issue.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Gordon Gekko

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:04 am

Originally posted by renman:
gekko,

Show me where I waffled on anything other then once respecting you as a fantasy football mind and message board poster and now laughing at you...lol

I have never once said I dislike BBDS and have always found it to be an interesting, innovative, worthy of discussion concept. You are lost. you are a bad one-man circus show!! anyone want to go to the waffle shop? LOL
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

williamhare

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by williamhare » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:09 am

Ted's Cracked Head is right. Most will want to go 12,13,14 with new proposal. I say, let's not
forget the mid-pickers. Every owner should have a shot at the being (near) the serpents head/tail. This plan completes a fair (??) 18-round draft:
The "H "Plan

rd #1 1-14
rd #2 14-1
rd #3 14-1
rd #4 1-14
rd #5 7-14 then 1 thru 6
rd #6 reverse #5 (i.e 6 thru 1, then 14 thru 7)
rd #7 same as #5
rd #8 same as #6
rd #9 11-14 then 1 thru 10
rd #10 reverse #9
rd #11 same as #9
rd #12 same as #10
rd #13 4 thru 14 then 1 thru 3
rd #14 reverse #13
rd #15 same as #13
rd #16 same as #14
rd #17 1-14
rd #18 14-1

balance seems reasonable here and all Owners will
gain some control over stratgey from a quick-pick
turnaround standpoint at some 4-round stretch of the draft in that they will be near the serpent's
head. Who wants to remain in the middle of the draft throughout 18 rounds while the strategies are taking shape at 1-4 and 11-14? While value-drafters should have a field day in the middle,
no Owner should be cornered into a particular
draft philosophy. I think this pattern would
mitigate to a small degree the new-found advantage of slot #14 and penalize #1 less in rds
5-12 ,while breathing life into those normally forced to draft (head and tail) strategy left-overs.
From a marketing standpoint this could be described in a much more concise and simple
manner than above.

King of Queens

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by King of Queens » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:09 am

Originally posted by renman:
You (Gekko) are lost. He's a mess, too :D

King of Queens

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by King of Queens » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:12 am

HMan83 -- I like your idea a lot, but there's little chance of it happening. Too complicated for (very likely) intoxicated minds to follow.

BillyWaz

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:37 am

Originally posted by Route C:
quote:Originally posted by renman:
Wow, that was some interesting reading. I have to admit I am happy to see someone other than me (Greg) highlight that there is definately a "message board posse" (I called it a message board fraternity) that runs around this place with a mob mentality where they attack those who do not blindly follow their reckless ideas.
Snake is CRAZY..BWazz can't walk away from an arguement
[/QUOTE]What the hell do you mean I can't walk away from an argument you son of a ........ ! :D

BillyWaz

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:48 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...now allow SNAKE to get this right here if he may...are you comrades really serious about marketing and selling prospective NFFC customers to the idea of KDS/3RR as being a less complicated/better solution/more appealing alternative to the MORE viable and all around BETTER option of BBDS using points?...and you call SNAKE CRAZY?!?!?!...'nuff said...SNAKE Yes Snake, you are CRAZY! :D

HOWEVER, I am going to side with the slithery one on this. To say KDS/3RR is an EASIER concept to understand than BBDS is a bit much.

I mean already there is talk of reversing it in round 4, changing it each year to "suit the draft needs", etc. I feel I am pretty educated when it comes to fantasy football, and I know I could pick it up, but there are MANY in the NFFC who have NEVER delved out of the "standard serpentine" waters, and this system might REALLY confuse them.

The pitfalls to BBDS of course are that someone spends too much of their free agent $$$, loses that top player to injury/lack of production, basically becomes "inactive" (i.e. "gives up") and then people are complaining because that team isn't competitive. :rolleyes:

Lets just be VERY clear that NO SYSTEM is going to stop from the best player being taken! In BBDS, you STILL would have people saying "well the only reason they spend their free agent $$$ for a top pick is because they can't win from anywhere else!"

Basically what I have learned over the years (this is year 20 for me), is that people will ALWAYS complain, and MOST of the complaining comes from the people who ARE NOT doing well. If they make excuses about why someone is doing so well ("they had a top pick", "they were in an easier draft", etc.) that it makes them much better about THEIR team NOT doing well. ;)