A Second Waiver Wire

mikeybok

A Second Waiver Wire

Post by mikeybok » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:38 am

Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:
But the guys who pretend to watch football will say it waters down the Free agent Pool. Johnny ... it's not like you to attempt to pre belittle people who might disagree with you. Is your argument sooo weak ... it requires you to cast names at others before they respond?

I personally like drafting 26 - 28 deep and be done with it. That's why they have the DC contest. If your going to have a Free agency ... you really should leave some middle of the road talent in it. As it is ... barring a couple injuries to the same team. It's almost impossible to pick up RB help as it is.

Under you argument ... why not draft 32 players each .... as only pussies who don't watch football would want as few as 20?

Also Fudgie ... I took a zero at flex because two of my players were off this week (since that seems to be the only way my opinion is valid with you).

With that said ... I really don't think this is the injustice you make it out to be. We all could see the hurricane coming. We all made choices. Why not have free agency at 11:30 on Sunday? The last real news before the Sunday games is the Friday injury report. I find it mind blowing that your going to change all the league parameters to cover the possibility of a hurricane. But not just any hurricane ... but one that hits during football season ... one that hits a football town ... and one that hits on Saturday.

Seriously ... all you needed to do was swap Brown for another kicker. You could have picked Brown up after the bye week ... not like their is a line to pick him up.

I am done with this topic ... I just think it's funny how the two of you want to discuss this ... but bad mouth (pre bad mouth) any one who disagrees with you. Just my opinion.

Mike
Hakuna Matata!

Team Canada

A Second Waiver Wire

Post by Team Canada » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:13 am

Second waiver wire sunday open till 11 or so...
If your worried about a 1$ bid then bid more the process stays the same!
2008 double playoffs!!

londog7

A Second Waiver Wire

Post by londog7 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:46 am

I won't pretend to know all of the logistical issues with STATS, but I've always wondered why waivers run on Friday in the first place.

Although, I did not have a game outcome affected by the HOU/BAL issue this week, I did have several teams with HOU/BAL players and had to start the BAL Defense once. With that being said, I think that Greg made the best decision possible with the limited options he had available.

I think that the odds of this situation happening again are long. I don't recall a game being cancelled in this fashion in a long time. My rationale for moving the waiver process to Saturday would be more from an injury status standpoint than anything else. Just my two cents.
I can lead a nation with a microphone.

Raiders

A Second Waiver Wire

Post by Raiders » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:55 am

Just a question, if 2 spots were added, would the teams that only had Houston Def. or Stover carry another Def. and Kicker or would they just have two more Wr's or Rb's or Qb's?

Just asking? There was no other answer to the fact that the NFL messed up, and not NFFCNBC.
I would of had a problem if there was a waiver wire run Saturday night or Sunday morning.
Would I have gone off, NO, that's not how I handle things.

Good Luck the rest of the way,

John

danimal10

A Second Waiver Wire

Post by danimal10 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:12 am

We are doing 2 FAAB waiver periods in my local league - one on Wed night and one on Saturday night and so far its been very good. FWIW, It's a longtime 14 team league with several participants in NFFC events.

I would think a similar system for NFFC/NBC would work well and be fairly easy to implement.

D

Gordon Gekko

A Second Waiver Wire

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:24 am

I don't see any need for 2 waiver wire dates.

Factor everything u can into your faab bids friday.

I wouldn't mind seeing the faab deadline pushed to saturday, but that's it.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Raiders

A Second Waiver Wire

Post by Raiders » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:45 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
I don't see any need for 2 waiver wire dates.

Factor everything u can into your faab bids friday.

I wouldn't mind seeing the faab deadline pushed to saturday, but that's it. Agree, Bigger MO idea of maybe moving it to Saturday is not a bad idea. But the best game plan is to be pre-paired.

John

RI WORKHORSE

A Second Waiver Wire

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:01 am

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:
But the guys who pretend to watch football will say it waters down the Free agent Pool. Johnny ... it's not like you to attempt to pre belittle people who might disagree with you. Is your argument sooo weak ... it requires you to cast names at others before they respond?

I personally like drafting 26 - 28 deep and be done with it. That's why they have the DC contest. If your going to have a Free agency ... you really should leave some middle of the road talent in it. As it is ... barring a couple injuries to the same team. It's almost impossible to pick up RB help as it is.

Under you argument ... why not draft 32 players each .... as only pussies who don't watch football would want as few as 20?

Also Fudgie ... I took a zero at flex because two of my players were off this week (since that seems to be the only way my opinion is valid with you).

With that said ... I really don't think this is the injustice you make it out to be. We all could see the hurricane coming. We all made choices. Why not have free agency at 11:30 on Sunday? The last real news before the Sunday games is the Friday injury report. I find it mind blowing that your going to change all the league parameters to cover the possibility of a hurricane. But not just any hurricane ... but one that hits during football season ... one that hits a football town ... and one that hits on Saturday.

Seriously ... all you needed to do was swap Brown for another kicker. You could have picked Brown up after the bye week ... not like their is a line to pick him up.

I am done with this topic ... I just think it's funny how the two of you want to discuss this ... but bad mouth (pre bad mouth) any one who disagrees with you. Just my opinion.

Mike
[/QUOTE]Big Mike,

Don't mean to put anyone down, It's just we all are in for Highstakes. This isn't ESPN or Yahoo.

And adding 2 spots would make us able to add two def's or k's and this would never happen again.

If Greg pushed back the wire to Saturday and added two more spots I think the NFFC would be all set. The NFL released the news late, But the latest they could wait is Saturday. I don't think they could make a ruling on sunday.Right???

As for the extra spots. It not only makes it so we can grab extra guys and stash them. It also adds more strategy to the NFFC. Guys can carry 3 te's, Or Extra kickers and Def's. What ever they want.JMO And it solves the Houston/Raven problem of ever happening again.

Greg Can say well you had the choice of picking a extra Kicker or Te or Def. And with the saturday pick up you would be covered on both ends...

JMO
I.W
Johnny Frisella

RI WORKHORSE

A Second Waiver Wire

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:05 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
Just a question, if 2 spots were added, would the teams that only had Houston Def. or Stover carry another Def. and Kicker or would they just have two more Wr's or Rb's or Qb's?

Just asking? There was no other answer to the fact that the NFL messed up, and not NFFCNBC.
I would of had a problem if there was a waiver wire run Saturday night or Sunday morning.
Would I have gone off, NO, that's not how I handle things.

Good Luck the rest of the way,

John I think the Guys that got burned bad over this would carry two. I would stash the extra guys at RB,WR or QB.

But if we added two more spots with the saturday wire we would be all set.... :D
I.W
Johnny Frisella

joetreff

A Second Waiver Wire

Post by joetreff » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:08 am

Overreacting to a once every 5-10 year thing.

Why does NFFC have to change because a few people took zeroes. Shouldn't those people think about changing their strategies? The rules are great, the contest made the obvious/only choice.

knee-jerk