A Second Waiver Wire

Quahogs

A Second Waiver Wire

Post by Quahogs » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:07 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by Quahogs:
2 distinct contests. 12 team 10 reserve. 14 team 8 reserve. The 12 team is auto-pilot. The 14 team you better grab the controls. I say keep them distinct and don't try to meld the two. Can you please put a picture with above? :D

John
[/QUOTE]you know, I'm more than just a pretty picture. I have brains too..

ultimatefs

A Second Waiver Wire

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:11 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

In looking at the NFFC Primetime draft boards, it looks like about 2 or 3 teams per league grabbed a second kicker with the 20-man rosters and about half grabbed a second defense. This is very, very consistent with the 20/21-man rosters I have run for the last decade.

"about" half means 5-7. The upside is 7, but rarely ever goes over 7.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Quahogs

A Second Waiver Wire

Post by Quahogs » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:14 am

Originally posted by Participant 2137:
Is a 12-team Main Event that is "auto pilot" one that the NFFC/NBC wants to be known for? If it draws I doubt they'll care how I feel about it. It's only MY description on a comp between the two. I find the 14 the difficult of the two.

ultimatefs

A Second Waiver Wire

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:23 am

IMO, you do not add the two spots to the NFFC. The contest is suppose to be hard. It's suppose to reward owners for making tough decisions. Making the decisions easier is the wrong direction and adds more luck than skill to the event.

For the NBC, the 20-man rosters are correct because there are 12-teams, and you don't want the FA list if it were 18 there playing more of a roll in team success than the draft itself. The balance there is fine as is.

Raiders

A Second Waiver Wire

Post by Raiders » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:26 am

Originally posted by Quahogs:
quote:Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by Quahogs:
2 distinct contests. 12 team 10 reserve. 14 team 8 reserve. The 12 team is auto-pilot. The 14 team you better grab the controls. I say keep them distinct and don't try to meld the two. Can you please put a picture with above? :D

John
[/QUOTE]you know, I'm more than just a pretty picture. I have brains too..

[/QUOTE]Thanks. Have to ask, is that the kid from Toms River NJ? :D

John

Raiders

A Second Waiver Wire

Post by Raiders » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:28 am

Originally posted by JohnZ:
IMO, you do not add the two spots to the NFFC. The contest is suppose to be hard. It's suppose to reward owners for making tough decisions. Making the decisions easier is the wrong direction and adds more luck than skill to the event.

For the NBC, the 20-man rosters are correct because there are 12-teams, and you don't want the FA list if it were 18 there playing more of a roll in team success than the draft itself. The balance there is fine as is. But, if you draft a solid team, than there's no way for anyone to catch you. Those making the "Draft" mean more. Not the luck of "Out bidding" someone for the McClain's of the world.
Just another way to look at it.

John

BillyWaz

A Second Waiver Wire

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:12 am

I simply like the extra two rounds as extra "action" on draft day.

A little more "bang for your buck"! :D

mikeybok

A Second Waiver Wire

Post by mikeybok » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:24 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
I simply like the extra two rounds as extra "action" on draft day.

A little more "bang for your buck"! :D Four drafts over 2 days and at the end Billy is thinking ... "Wow ... it's almost over... How about two more rounds!" ... :D :D I bet you think you can quit any time you want to (just like the rest of us). :cool:
Hakuna Matata!

ultimatefs

A Second Waiver Wire

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:24 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by JohnZ:

For the NBC, the 20-man rosters are correct because there are 12-teams, and you don't want the FA list if it were 18 there playing more of a roll in team success than the draft itself. The balance there is fine as is. But, if you draft a solid team, than there's no way for anyone to catch you. Those making the "Draft" mean more. Not the luck of "Out bidding" someone for the McClain's of the world.
Just another way to look at it.

John
[/QUOTE]McClain would be on the FA list in every 20-team league. He was on the FA list in all of my 21-man leagues.

I get your point though, and the balance between the draft and the role of faab is fine right now.

If you swing it too much to the draft, then people will lose interest in faab, making the game more boring each week the season goes by as teams quit playing because they feel they have no chance to overcome injuries or a few bad draft picks. A lose/lose for the long run health of the game.

FAAB/FA's are a huge part of the game and owners love the "Xmas" effect that occurs every week when results are posted.