Figuring things out??

BillyWaz

Figuring things out??

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:49 am

Forget all the start-sit decisions, injuries, etc., but does anyone else feel like this year in the NFL is simply VERY difficult to "figure out"?

FOR EXAMPLE just in week 10....

- Dallas handling the NY Giants

- Denver destroying Kansas City

- Jacksonville beating a "supposed" playoff team in Houston

And again, this doesn't go into all the fantasy surprises and disappointments.

Just a very frustrating year to figure all this stuff out, IMO.

BillyWaz

Figuring things out??

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:11 am

Not talking about fantasy here as much as the NFL in general, Glenn.

You are correct though, "ya either get it done, or you don't".

However if you TRULY believed that, I don't think we would have the 20+ "woe is me, I have the worst injuries to my squads" posts by yourself, no? ;)

[ November 14, 2010, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

BillyWaz

Figuring things out??

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:27 am

Glenn,

With ALL due respect, would you mind not turning this into ANOTHER thread about yourself???

I simply wanted to hear from other people who may feel that this year is difficult to figure out (again, from an NFL standpoint as well as fantasy).

We know you are doing well this year, Glenn. You remind all of us EVERY chance you get (see above).
And you cry and whine more than ANY grown man I have ever come across as well.

Congratulations! :D

Greg Ambrosius

Figuring things out??

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:17 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Forget all the start-sit decisions, injuries, etc., but does anyone else feel like this year in the NFL is simply VERY difficult to "figure out"?

Just a very frustrating year to figure all this stuff out, IMO. Billy, you are soooooooo right. I mean, c'mon, how can you even figure out the NFL anymore? We're beyond parity now, we're into bizarre.

How do the hapless Cowboys, who lost 45-7 last week at Lambeau, go into Giants' Stadium and beat the Giants, who had won five in a row?? After embarrassing themselves last week they win at the Giants?? You don't see that in college football. It would be like Indiana losing to Wisconsin this week 83-20 and then winning at Ohio State next week. Never happen.

But it does in the NFL.

Like you said, Denver just embarrassing Kansas City after being an embarrassment much of this year. Unreal. Jags beating Houston (and who taught the DB to spike the last pass instead of just catching the damn thing?). Unreal.

I totally agree with you. I've never quite seen a season like this one. As an NFL fan, it's mind-boggling. As a fantasy player, it's beyond mind-boggling.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Figuring things out??

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:20 pm

Glenn, please don't respond to this post, but is there any chance you can let a thread flow before redirecting it? Give it a try this week, can ya? Just let someone else respond and let the thought flow without your influence, just once or twice.

I have a dominant presence on the NFBC boards and one on the NFFC boards and neither can really flow with a community of thoughts as long as both DOMINATE the boards. Unfortunately, neither guy can see it. What a shame.

I can see that folks are itching to talk football on these boards, but the flame keeps getting blown out. Someone please let it burn a little longer. Please.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

cdavault

Figuring things out??

Post by cdavault » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:28 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:

Just a very frustrating year to figure all this stuff out, IMO. Billy, you are soooooooo right. I mean, c'mon, how can you even figure out the NFL anymore? We're beyond parity now, we're into bizarre.

How do the hapless Cowboys, who lost 45-7 last week at Lambeau, go into Giants' Stadium and beat the Giants, who had won five in a row?? After embarrassing themselves last week they win at the Giants?? You don't see that in college football. It would be like Indiana losing to Wisconsin this week 83-20 and then winning at Ohio State next week. Never happen.

But it does in the NFL.

Like you said, Denver just embarrassing Kansas City after being an embarrassment much of this year. Unreal. Jags beating Houston (and who taught the DB to spike the last pass instead of just catching the damn thing?). Unreal.

I totally agree with you. I've never quite seen a season like this one. As an NFL fan, it's mind-boggling. As a fantasy player, it's beyond mind-boggling.
[/QUOTE]it is a different year. the rules might have an affect on it? too many of them maybe it is finally catching up with the league?

[ November 14, 2010, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: Popcorn Maker ]

Money

Figuring things out??

Post by Money » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:45 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Glenn,

With ALL due respect, would you mind not turning this into ANOTHER thread about yourself???

I simply wanted to hear from other people who may feel that this year is difficult to figure out (again, from an NFL standpoint as well as fantasy).

We know you are doing well this year, Glenn. You remind all of us EVERY chance you get (see above).
And you cry and whine more than ANY grown man I have ever come across as well.

Congratulations! :D Glenn, What Billy states is true. It's time to take a step back. You've become the gekko of the football boards. I really don't think anyone wants to read anything you have to say anymore simply because it's so predictable. We know you're good and Tommy is handsome. Time to give it a rest.
Joe