Lineup Card For Ultimate League and 3 Super Leagues

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:42 pm

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by GK:
...hey, I really hate to be somewhat bothersome here but this is pretty important imho...if the KDS deadline is in 5 days time, how fast in advance do you think that we participants in The Supers can get a hold of that NFFC ADP data from the live drafts (non-DC's) that have already been held here?...thanks much in advance here...GK We are going to try to post ADP for all pay NFFC leagues through Sunday early next week. We'll try to compile that and post that before Tuesday's KDS deadline. We will try to do that each of the next three Mondays if we can and it will be available to everyone. [/QUOTE]Greg...I know you have a lot on your plate right now, but I think a super effort needs to be made to have this ADP info available by Monday.

The KDS deadline has been set for Tuesday in all five of your high-dollar, signature events. We have not had any real NFFC ADP data available to help make decisions, in part because up until recently there hasn't been an operational NFFC draft room available to help generate it.

The deadline of Tuesday has been set, and it would be a mess to try to change it. It would also be a shame if we are forced to set our KDS right before this critical data becomes available.

Thanks.
[/QUOTE]Paul, are all you guys really basing your KDS on our satellite and OC ADPs?? Really? I didn't realize that.

Yeah, we have planned to compile this on Monday and post this under RESOURCES for all to see, but if I say Monday then you folks will kill me if it's Tuesday morning. So I tried to post a soft date and I didn't expect this. But if our top players are waiting for ADPs to set their KDS preferences, I'll make sure you have that before the deadline.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:44 pm

Originally posted by Bullgod:
I guess I hear what everyone is saying about ADP but we all know this first sampling really doesn't mean that much. To me this first ADP is what it is but the 2nd and 3rd ADP's released later show the real info. I could go either way on this. Move the KDS deadline, keep the KDS deadline. Doesn't matter...just my $.02 Pat, make sure you keep Thursday night open with me in Vegas. We have to watch the game together somewhere and bet against the Vikings!! :D Let's make sure we hook up if you're in early before the Diamond League, okay?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:08 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Paul, are all you guys really basing your KDS on our satellite and OC ADPs?? Really? I didn't realize that.

Yeah, we have planned to compile this on Monday and post this under RESOURCES for all to see, but if I say Monday then you folks will kill me if it's Tuesday morning. So I tried to post a soft date and I didn't expect this. But if our top players are waiting for ADPs to set their KDS preferences, I'll make sure you have that before the deadline.

Greg...first of all, thanks for being responsive and thanks for trying to get the data out prior to the deadline.

Secondly, yes, this data is important. There's an argument to be made that mock draft data is skewed and littered with people "experimenting" and just "playing around". It can be misleading. Sure it's early now, but ADP data from any real-money NFFC drafts is much more valuable than data from mock ADP's. It's not great, but it's the best we have prior to the KDS deadline.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Money

Post by Money » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:46 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Bullgod:
I guess I hear what everyone is saying about ADP but we all know this first sampling really doesn't mean that much. To me this first ADP is what it is but the 2nd and 3rd ADP's released later show the real info. I could go either way on this. Move the KDS deadline, keep the KDS deadline. Doesn't matter...just my $.02 Pat, make sure you keep Thursday night open with me in Vegas. We have to watch the game together somewhere and bet against the Vikings!! :D Let's make sure we hook up if you're in early before the Diamond League, okay? [/QUOTE]The early ADP information does nothing for me. I would rather leave this in tact. Whatever the majority wants is fine with me. Now if you could give me injury and starter information in advance I'd take that to the bank......
Joe

moyer1313

Post by moyer1313 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:59 pm

I don't think the date should be changed.

If the data is not available for anyone, then everyone is at the same disadvantage.

I understand that for some people having more data will help them make their decision, but no matter how hard you try, you will not be able to let everyone know that the date has been changed in time for them to also make changes to their KDS.

If changing the date negatively affects just one person, or gives even one person an advantage over another, the change should not be made.

That is just my opinion.

Mark
Follow Me
'07 10-3 127.3 ppg $0 Won
'08 11-2 123.3 ppg $0 Won
'09 2-12 129.5 ppg $0 Won

The only team in NFFC Main Event history to win 11 games and not cash. :(

1683.8 pts. in 2009 is the record for a team with just 2 wins. Old record - 1479.95

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:51 am

For the record, I've never advocated to change the KDS date. I'm just asking that every effort be made to have the ADP data available by Monday.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:08 am

It was I who suggested the date change, but honestly, I don't think the ADP info is important to me as it is some others.

It was just a suggestion, and I am good with whatever happens. Like Mark said... as long as we all get the ADP's or don't get them, we all get the same advantage or disadvantage.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:03 pm

Originally posted by GK:
...Greg, any word here on all of the sans-DC live NFFC drafts to date and when the data will be available (MOST preferably by tomorrow - EARLY!) so that we can set our respective KDS preferences accordingly?...thanks much...GK Set your KDS by Tuesday at noon. Thanks.