Next $150 Slow Draft League Is NOW SOLD OUT!

Chi_Town_FEW

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Thu May 12, 2011 4:54 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:
quote:Originally posted by Daren E:
I'll bite for League 1 -- sign me up.

Any chance of adding a check box to the draft room called "Autopick Next Pick Only"? If it's Rd 20 and my turn is coming up in 3 picks and I want to get a defense next, I might put 3 defenses in my queue. But if I have to leave for work for 8 hrs with no internet access, I don't really want to put on full AP or I might have 3 defenses by the time I get back. But it would be nice to have AP trigger my next pick only when I am on the clock, but then turn it off so if I come up again before I get back, the clock will be running for that next pick and I can rearrange my queue.

Just a suggestion to help speed things up a little bit on behalf of those of us that can't monitor the draft room more than a couple times per day.

Thanks.
Daren. Not being able to pre-draft BY ROUND was one of the biggest drawbacks for the NFBC draft software. I hope this is given serious consideration for the NFFC draft room.
[/QUOTE]I agree here. I am unavailable Sun-Thur, 1:00pm till about 1:00am. I dont think it will be an issue, but if 2 rounds go off the board it could be no fun. I can always leave the room and check my iphone. If the IT guys can make it work that would be great.

Getpaddled

Post by Getpaddled » Thu May 12, 2011 3:27 pm

Greg..... I'll take a spot in League 1... Thanx
Greg Dietzler AKA Letter Pusher
Fantasy Football Genius & FPA supporter
Twitter: @Getpaddled

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri May 13, 2011 2:24 am

Originally posted by Letter Pusher:
Greg..... I'll take a spot in League 1... Thanx Awesome. Please list your name here. The goal is to start these the first week of June. Be ready. Thanks all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Getpaddled

Post by Getpaddled » Fri May 13, 2011 5:18 am

Greg Dietzler
Greg Dietzler AKA Letter Pusher
Fantasy Football Genius & FPA supporter
Twitter: @Getpaddled

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri May 13, 2011 5:49 am

Originally posted by Letter Pusher:
Greg Dietzler Thanks Greg. Okay, now just FIVE SPOTS LEFT in this first Slow Draft League. We'll start this in early June and have some fun. Let's hope the players and owners finalize this labor deal before then, but I'm not holding my breath on that one. But let's fill this league up and get drafting next month. Thanks all.

Here's the current signup list:

$150 Slow Draft DC Championship League 1
14 teams, 26 rounds, Pay Top 3
1. Jerrod Cleveland, Henderson, Kentucky
2. Erik Hilligsberg, South Park, Pennsylvania
3. Wayne Ellis, Evansville, Indiana
4. Robert Fatzinger, Plainfeild, Illinois
5. Jules McLean, Los Angeles, California
6. Paul Spradling, Bullhead City, Arizona
7. Tom Carbone, Harriman, New York
8. Daren Eliason, Beulah, North Dakota
9. Greg Dietzler, Marshfield, Wisconsin
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat May 14, 2011 1:44 am

FOUR SPOTS LEFT NOW!!! Get those Cheat Sheets ready and we'll be drafting before you know it. Early June is the start date with or without a labor deal. Who else wants to jump in?

Here's the current signup list:

10. Russ Titsch, Hayden, Idaho

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Sat May 14, 2011 3:44 am

You can add me to the list for the first draft.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat May 14, 2011 9:36 am

Originally posted by Silver and Black:
You can add me to the list for the first draft. AWESOME CHAMP!! THREE SPOTS LEFT!!! Here's the current signup list:

10. Russ Titsch, Hayden, Idaho
11. Rob Benetti, Mokena, Illinois

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat May 14, 2011 9:42 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:

Any chance of adding a check box to the draft room called "Autopick Next Pick Only"? If it's Rd 20 and my turn is coming up in 3 picks and I want to get a defense next, I might put 3 defenses in my queue. But if I have to leave for work for 8 hrs with no internet access, I don't really want to put on full AP or I might have 3 defenses by the time I get back. But it would be nice to have AP trigger my next pick only when I am on the clock, but then turn it off so if I come up again before I get back, the clock will be running for that next pick and I can rearrange my queue.

Just a suggestion to help speed things up a little bit on behalf of those of us that can't monitor the draft room more than a couple times per day.

Thanks.
Daren. Not being able to pre-draft BY ROUND was one of the biggest drawbacks for the NFBC draft software. I hope this is given serious consideration for the NFFC draft room.
[/QUOTE]We certainly understand the desire to list preferred pre-picks by rounds and that would definitely speed up the Slow Drafts and make the software perfect for everyone. That request was presented to us in baseball and we agreed that it would be ideal for what we want to accomplish here. Our goal is to be the leader in the Slow Draft area and to do that we agree that setting pre-rankings by round would help.

But that's not an easy addition from a programming standpoint. We have so many things we need to get done first within the NFFC game software, draft software and MY TEAM features that I can't guarantee this will be added this season. We have a lot of items before this one, even though we agree this is a good one. Great, great suggestion and one that we definitely would like to add.

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Sun May 15, 2011 4:04 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by RedRyder:

Thanks.
[/QUOTE]We certainly understand the desire to list preferred pre-picks by rounds and that would definitely speed up the Slow Drafts and make the software perfect for everyone. That request was presented to us in baseball and we agreed that it would be ideal for what we want to accomplish here. Our goal is to be the leader in the Slow Draft area and to do that we agree that setting pre-rankings by round would help.

But that's not an easy addition from a programming standpoint. We have so many things we need to get done first within the NFFC game software, draft software and MY TEAM features that I can't guarantee this will be added this season. We have a lot of items before this one, even though we agree this is a good one. Great, great suggestion and one that we definitely would like to add.
[/QUOTE]Thanks for responding.

If this is the case AND if you want to be the leaders in slow drafts, it might be helpful to post some sort of slow draft etiquette and/or send something out to all the owners before the start of each draft. With the key being communication among league mates. Ie., it's fine if Jim Bob can't pick for eight hours, but it is frustrating for other owners not knowing Jim Bob can't pick for a long time. You know what I'm going at, a courtesy thing.

It would be good to post a Slow Draft etiquette (not to be confused with "rules") that included phone numbers and e-mails where owners can call or e-mail in there picks if they are traveling or away from their computers for an extended period of time.

Bottom line, nothing turns your customer base off quicker than a bad experience in a slow draft. If a new customer is trying it for the first time and has a bad experience, more than likely they won't try another slow draft.
@RedRyder