Should NFFC follow WSOP?

rmgiorio

Should NFFC follow WSOP?

Post by rmgiorio » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:18 pm

I like the fact my wife gets $100 to put stickers on a board! Paid to watch is better than watching form picnic tables!

Alley Cats

Ted's Cracked Head

Should NFFC follow WSOP?

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:15 pm

If the paid "watchers" followed the rules, there would be no problem. I would welcome the exposure.

I would rather have them "stream" it via the internet myself. I think that would possibly open this concept up to a much larger audience and I will GUARANTEE that it would spur a larger crowd the next year. that is right, I GUARANTEE that this idea WOULD create a buzz that would spill over to the next year.

Should I send in my resume? I am retired and looking for another gig.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

lichtman

Should NFFC follow WSOP?

Post by lichtman » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:14 am

Originally posted by KAPEFEAR2:
LEE.whats your BEEF. If you had 1-2-3 I think they are pretty much scripted.Who get's Gates and the rest is Moss or Owens.If you want to keep whining stay home or do on line drafting.Otherwise "MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU" Huh?
Hello. My name is Lee Scoresby. I come from Texas, like flying hot-air balloons, being eaten by talking polar bears and fantasy football.

londog7

Should NFFC follow WSOP?

Post by londog7 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:59 am

I kinda like the thought of FF groupies, although I'd have to wonder about anyone who would show up to watch a draft in person. What are the odds that a bunch of hot chicks would be crowding a velvet rope to see my 6th round pick? Probably about the same as getting those running dueces
I can lead a nation with a microphone.

El Diablo

Should NFFC follow WSOP?

Post by El Diablo » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:40 am

Obviously we are all huge fans of fantasy football to be in a high stakes event. So ask yourself how many drafts you have gone and "watched" when u were'nt part of the league?............ Thats how many i have also....point being if we don't do it , how many people that arent as interested will? Stick to the Star Trek conventions buddy! You'll find plenty of losers there...Live long aand prosper gentlemen.

Robert Zarzycki

Should NFFC follow WSOP?

Post by Robert Zarzycki » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:29 pm

If this thing ever makes it to TV and the winners become "household faces" then I'm sure the general public would gain an interest. Until then I still think it'd be cool to open it to the public. I'm not expecting big crowds, just for a few friends and loved ones to have the option to watch the NFFC spectacle.

By the way, nice meeting many of you guys in Vegas. Good luck to all. -z-
Robert Zarzycki
Author of Drafting To Win & Fantasy Football's Big Six (AuthorHouse.com)

Sound Advice

Should NFFC follow WSOP?

Post by Sound Advice » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:37 am

Pass.
WCOFFers will see all the boards, then claim superiority.
I think they should be able to...
if it's a free event for the teams also. Like Yahoo.

jsferenc

Should NFFC follow WSOP?

Post by jsferenc » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:01 am

Originally posted by Z-Men:
If this thing ever makes it to TV and the winners become "household faces" then I'm sure the general public would gain an interest. Until then I still think it'd be cool to open it to the public. I'm not expecting big crowds, just for a few friends and loved ones to have the option to watch the NFFC spectacle.

By the way, nice meeting many of you guys in Vegas. Good luck to all. -z- I don't think drafts would ever make for good TV since the outcome is not known for 4 months. Although, maybe if we had a steel cage match to determine draft order it would sell? :D

Good to see you in LV too!
Josh Ferenc

2005 National Fantasy Football Champion. Time for the sequel!

If it's worth doing it's worth overdoing!

Robert Zarzycki

Should NFFC follow WSOP?

Post by Robert Zarzycki » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:58 am

Originally posted by Gantze Macher$:
quote:Originally posted by Z-Men:

By the way, nice meeting many of you guys in Vegas. Good luck to all. -z- I don't think drafts would ever make for good TV since the outcome is not known for 4 months. Although, maybe if we had a steel cage match to determine draft order it would sell? :D

Good to see you in LV too!
[/QUOTE]I'm not talking about the drafts making it to TV. I'm talking about the winners, people like yourself, eventually gaining some TV exposure. Once that happens then the general public would gain more of an interest to meet and observe people like you at one of these things just for the sole fact they saw you on TV. This is going to happen, it's a matter of time. Actually, it's already happening... I gained a spot on Fantasy Fix w/ John Hansen each week this year. -z-
Robert Zarzycki
Author of Drafting To Win & Fantasy Football's Big Six (AuthorHouse.com)

Eddiejag

Should NFFC follow WSOP?

Post by Eddiejag » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:13 pm

IT is going to happen , i agree with Z MAN.Last year GEKKO and DYV were on ESPN doing a draft , i didnt find it boreing , every hour they would come on and up date the draft . IT will probably be the big money matches that make it to TV 1ST.
People might tune in a 10.000.00 dollar event to watch some guy make a blunder. Myself for TV, AND AUCTION would be more interesting, sometimes guys get carried away on who their bidding on , they just want to win the bid.
IT WILL HAPPEN .JUST ,HOW and WHEN.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!