So, Where Does Peyton Go Now?

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:09 am

Peyton Manning epitomizes what is good about professional sports. Watching him as Irsay made his speech was impressive because you could the see the compassion he had for Irsay. You could tell that he has the utmost respect and admiration for the organization even after they chose to cut him loose. Look up "class act" on wikipedia and you will find an image of PM.

I don’t think there is any way he goes to the Jets because he knows how that would affect his brother. It would create a circus and he just won’t let that happen.

Miami is a possibility and they do have some talent to surround him with but I think he goes to the NFC for a change of scenery.

The division with Seattle, SF and Zona is ripe for the taking and could provide the easiest path back to a shot at another ring.

Carroll would be a great fit and that team has some talent too.

Manning, Fitzgerald, Wayne, Roberts, Beanie, Williams - that could be a dangerous lineup too.

I was one who seriously doubted whether or not he would play again but I will be happy if I am proven wrong. The NFL won’t be the same without him.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:27 am

I'm just too sad to comment :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

[ March 07, 2012, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: Route C ]

Roger

Post by Roger » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:39 am

If anyone should pull out all the stops to get him, it is Jacksonville. They need him more from a business, than a personnel standpoint. Apathetic fan base disappointed that they did not draft Tebow, new owner, no QB (when Gruden criticizes your quarterback's performance, he really does suck), and plenty of cap room. I could see them pulling out all the stops to get him. Along with MJD, he would have to be paired with Wayne and another free agent WR.

If nothing else, they have to at least try to show the fan base they are attempting to do something.

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:12 am

I've given this some thought and no matter what happens Peyton will always be a Colt but if I must watch him lead another team into the end zone here are my preferences:

1) Arizona....because Fitz is as classy a wr as there is in the game.

2) Miami....because they come to Lucas Oil Stadium this year and it will be great to wear a Miami #18 jersey and root for the Phins in the house that Peyton built.

Finally....Just say no to the NY Jets

Hey NY here's a thought....try developing your own QB and stop vulturing others you NFL franchise whoorre. i.e..........

B,.Esiason
N. O'Donnell
V. Testaverde
B. Favre

....all in the last 17 years!!!!!

No wonder the Giants are the only c-ship football team in NY :eek:

Please Peyton...just say no!!!

[ March 07, 2012, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: Route C ]

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:16 pm

jets don't want him. it's not the right fit. i know how painful it is thinking back on peyton's last game as a colt. ( 17-16 lose to jets )but now you have luck on your side.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:40 pm

Originally posted by Route C:
I've given this some thought and no matter what happens Peyton will always be a Colt but if I must watch him lead another team into the end zone here are my preferences:

1) Arizona....because Fitz is as classy a wr as there is in the game.

2) Miami....because they come to Lucas Oil Stadium this year and it will be great to wear a Miami #18 jersey and root for the Phins in the house that Peyton built.

Finally....Just say no to the NY Jets

Hey NY here's a thought....try developing your own QB and stop vulturing others you NFL franchise whoorre. i.e..........

B,.Esiason
N. O'Donnell
V. Testaverde
B. Favre

....all in the last 17 years!!!!!

No wonder the Giants are the only c-ship football team in NY :eek:

Please Peyton...just say no!!!
I saw this Brett Favre guy twice LIVE in his career. Once as a Jet and once at a Viking against the Jets. Was he ever on another team?
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:45 pm

How quickly forget the greatest football championship year in NY history....Super Bowl III.

And let's also not forget the greatest "homegrown" QB that football has ever known......

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:40 pm

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
How quickly forget the greatest football championship year in NY history....Super Bowl III.

And let's also not forget the greatest "homegrown" QB that football has ever known......

It's not that people have forgotten Glenn. It's just that it's been so long most of those people are dead! :eek: I guess you have to take what you can get..even if you have to go back almost 50 years to celebrate.

I'm proud to say you'll never see Peyton in a ridiculous fur coat or embarrassing himself on national television.
Hopefully someones told Joe not to drink and do interviews since then...although I doubt people are beating on his door for a trip down memory lane :D

BTW Joe Willy really did suck. If not for his famous Super Bowl win he'd never be remembered as a QB.
Unless you remember his record 62-63-4...uh well maybe his TD-Int rate 173 TD - 220 Int,,,uh maybe his completion pct. 50.1..that's better than Tebow at least.
Oh well I guess it was his community service...wait...does that count if it's court issued!

[ March 07, 2012, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: Route C ]

Max Factor

Post by Max Factor » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:15 pm

Manning's plane just landed in Florida. First interview maybe?
I would like him in Houston...gets revenge against Indy and has Foster, AJ, and Wayne along with improving D. Can you say Super Bowl favorite!!!!!
Dolphins would reunite him into AFC East and face Brady twice. Nice
Jeff Potok

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:10 am

Mannng playing for the Texans with Wayne thrown in would make that team one of the top 3 in the entire NFL. That defense if "for real". If healthy for the entire season I can't see anyone as balanced as they would be on both sides of the ball.

Pete