NFL Lockout Thread

Tom Kessenich

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:24 am

The latest from Albert Breer via Twitter:

AlbertBreer Albert Breer
My understanding is morning's going as expected, lawyers hammering out details & language, to set up deal if/when bigger issues are resolved
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Erok

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by Erok » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:05 am

Tom or Greg---

Do either of you guys think the complaint the former players have now filed will delay this deal even further now?

Tom Kessenich

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:13 am

Originally posted by W. Klown:
Tom or Greg---

Do either of you guys think the complaint the former players have now filed will delay this deal even further now? I hope not but there's no way to know. What concerns me the most today is talks have resumed without any of the key figures involved. It's all the lawyers. That doesn't make any sense to me. The lawyers should come in AFTER the deal is struck so they can draw up the papers and all that fun stuff. But the primary figures aren't going to return to the table until Thursday which means two more days are being wasted.

The lack of urgency by both sides continues to be astonishing - especially at this late hour. Most people agree the deal needs to be in place by July 15 in order for the season to begin on time and without any missed games of any kind. That's 10 days away and there is time but why waste two days that could become productive? I keep waiting for the first day when common sense will be applied to this situation.

I'm still waiting.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

pizzatyme

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by pizzatyme » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:26 am

My guess is now that the Casey Anthony trial is over, those involved in the negotiations will turn off the TV and get the deal hammered out.

They want the TV time and we should have it by Friday.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Diesel

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by Diesel » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:55 am

Breaking News!

The NFL released a report today stating they may or may not sign a deal very soon or somewhat later. The players association has also put a statement out saying its time to put their feet down and sign something ASAP, or somewhere between now and August.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

King of Queens

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by King of Queens » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:36 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
Breaking News! http://soundjax.com/fart-1.html

Erok

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by Erok » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:20 am

No Roger and no D Smith yesterday??? Or today???? Really??? At this juncture?

Ok, here is my take..........my take is that the lawyers got together yesterday and will do so again today to write up the tentative new deal/structure the language correctly, etc....

Then they will present this new collective bargaining agreement to the NFLPA on Thursday. They will review it and tweak the minor changes etc during the day Thursday and Friday. By the end of the day Friday we should have an announcement that a new deal has been reached and the lockout is over.

I hope this is where we are at. If not, then I will be worried!

thegambler

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by thegambler » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:54 am

No Roger and no D Smith yesterday??? Or today???? Really??? At this juncture?

Ok, here is my take..........my take is that the lawyers got together yesterday and will do so again today to write up the tentative new deal/structure the language correctly, etc....

Then they will present this new collective bargaining agreement to the NFLPA on Thursday. They will review it and tweak the minor changes etc during the day Thursday and Friday. By the end of the day Friday we should have an announcement that a new deal has been reached and the lockout is over.

I hope this is where we are at. If not, then I will be worried! i like that thinking.....i was thinking the same thing. why else just have the lawyers meet two days?

Tom Kessenich

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:32 am

No Roger and no D Smith yesterday??? Or today???? Really??? At this juncture? It is truly incomprehensible to me that they are not involved until tomorrow. There was no excuse whatsoever to take the momentum gained last Thursday (which by all accounts was significant) and then p**s it all away by barely negotiating Friday and then taking a three-day weekend. They should have stayed in the room and worked overtime all weekend if necessary to hammer out a deal. I continue to be amazed at the lack of urgency being shown by both parties.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Diesel

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by Diesel » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:14 am

The NFL caters to no one. They know a deal needs to be done within the next week. There is no concern for the fans or people who work in fantasy sports, who have been watching and listening and reading to the same BS over and over and over again for months now. The NFL is a wealthy, bottom line, corporation. They will have a deal signed within the next week. And after bad mouthing them and the players for months, once the deal is signed, we will all tuck our tails between our legs and watch again. Because we're hooked on this great game. Its a harsh reality, but that is exactly how I'm seeing it.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."