NFL Lockout Thread

Diesel

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by Diesel » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:35 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Diesel:
"Dexter McCluster MIGHT be rb2 in KC". But will he qualify at WR, RB...or both? :D [/QUOTE]I'd say whatever the Kansas City Chiefs have him listed as on their depth chart according to NFL.com as of Aug.1st will be as fantasy football acknowledges him.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Erok

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by Erok » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:10 am

I still love how the deadlines keep getting pushed back and the casual attitude they all have towards this.

Even the talking heads keep changing the dates over and over.

I thought for sure this whole thing wouldve been over by the first week of July.

It is a complete and total joke at this point.

Tomorrow is Friday, and I am sure they will all take the weekend off too again.

Even funnier is that the players and owners only talk two days every week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom Kessenich

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:13 am

Originally posted by W. Klown:

I thought for sure this whole thing wouldve been over by the first week of July.
I said at the time and believe even more strongly now that it was a gigantic mistake to take the holiday weekend off. The two sides reportedly made significant progress that Thursday but then shut down talks until the following Tuesday. If you'll notice, whenever this occurs the two sides return and almost always get pissy toward one another. So whatever momentum that was gained is lost. If the two sides had continued with their aggressive negotiations on July 1, I think a labor deal would have been done the following week.

Instead, they took a vacation because Lord knows they haven't had enough time off already this offseason and now there's no indication an end is truly in sight. July 15 was the magic deadline for a month. Now that won't happen. Next up is July 21. Why should anyone have any confidence at this point that deadline will be reached?

What a complete and utter joke this has been from Day 1.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

bald is beautiful

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by bald is beautiful » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:12 am

One of the owners said they will lose $200 million if they lose a week a preseason games.

If they want to take the holiday weekend off and risk losing that money, that is their choice. But that is a huge amount of money for them to lose, so I expect they will now work their tails off to not lose that first week.

[ July 14, 2011, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: Bald is Beautiful ]

Tom Kessenich

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:15 am

Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
One of the owners said they will lose $200 million if they lose a week a preseason games.

If they want to take the holiday weekend off and risk losing that money, that is their choice. But that is a huge amount of money for them to lose, so I expect they will now work their tails off to not lose that first week. One would think so Jack. Too bad that sense of urgency wasn't being applied weeks and months ago. If it was, no one would have to be sweating things out now.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:23 am

Albert Breer reporting that progress has been made with the discussions of the rookie scale. Via Twitter:

AlbertBreer Albert Breer
Again, there's still a lot of other things to work through. But I'm told the movement on rookie salaries does represent a breakthrough.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:06 am

Don Banks just said on Twitter an agreement is not expected tonight. Not sure who thought there would be one.

DonBanks Don Banks
To echo SI's Jim Trotter, NFL source says progress made on rookie wage scale issue, but I'm told agreement in principle not likely tonight.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Erok

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by Erok » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:29 am

Report: Owners made “significant concession” on rookie wage scale
Posted by Mike Florio on July 14, 2011, 5:11 PM EDT
rookie-wage-scale-cam-newton-7F65M39-x-large AP

Earlier this afternoon, MDS shared a report on progress being made as to the contentious issue of the rookie wage scale.

Albert Breer of NFL Network describes it as “major progress.” Breer also points out that there aren’t many other remaining issues.

Mike Freeman of CBS Sports writes that the owners made a significant concession on the rookie wage scale, something we’ve been saying for days that the owners should do, especially since the players’ proposal as of Monday already represented a win for the league.

Our guess is that the league assumed the players would go the rest of the way to the owners’ position on the rookie wage scale. When the players made it clear they wouldn’t, then the owners finally decided to compromise.

Regardless, Cam Newton won’t be smiling when he realizes how much less money he’ll make than last year’s No. 1 overall pick, Sam Bradford, who used his windfall to buy a ping-pong table.

In an on-air update moments ago on NFLN, Breer (sporting the Michael Scott in lieu of the Jim Halpert) tiptoed around saying that a deal is close. But Breer made it clear that, once the rookie wage scale is worked out, there’s not much else standing in the way of getting this thing done.

In fact, Breer reports that, if the rookie wage scale can be put to bed on Thursday, there’s a “50/50 chance” that the parties will be presenting a handshake deal to Magistrate Judge Arthur Boylan on Tuesday.

And now stay tuned for the daily dose of cold water. Feel free to start a pool as to which player or reporter it will come from.

Today, I’ll go with Mort.

blah--blah---blah........tomorrow it will be that negotiations went South and things are at a stalemate. Thus, they will take two days off and reconvene on Monday to talk more.......oh ya, it will only be the lawyers though on Monday. Players and owners will not meet until next Thursday...lol. Total joke.

Greg Ambrosius

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:24 am

This has been a painful journey for all, but at least today there is some compromise and a deal could be done soon. That's all we care about. We know concessions had to be made somewhere and if it's the rookie wage scale, so be it. It's there in the NBA and in MLB, so why not the NFL? If these Top 10 picks really are superstars, they will get their big bucks down the road and hopefully the savings there will go to help the retired players' fund in some way. That's important.

Let's get this deal done by Tuesday and get free agency started shortly after that. Then we'll have an incredible 2-3 weeks of signings and trades before the pre-season games stoke our football fires. I'm excited about what's ahead, but it's been a tough 4 months for everyone. We just want football back.

Albert Breer has been the best of the reporters you mention above Erik. He's been on top of everything so far and very fair in his prognostications. Not too wishy-washy. Kudos to him for his reports. Now LET'S GET THIS DONE!!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius