NFL Lockout Thread

Erok

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by Erok » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:56 am

NFL NETWORK just showed some players walking out of meeting and IMO they did not seem happy.

Meeting still going on though, so no idea what was more important than this that these guys left.

Erok

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by Erok » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:03 am

NFL NETWORK JUST REPORTED THAT NO VOTE TOOK PLACE TODAY!

A**HOLES.

UNREAL.

Erok

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by Erok » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:04 am

ALBERT BREER NOW SAYS VOTE CAN STILL HAPPEN TONIGHT NOW. WTF?

I CANT BELIEVE THE AMOUNT OF BS AND MISREPORTING THROUGH ALL OF THIS EVERY DAY.

Erok

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by Erok » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:08 am

Cant believe no vote yet.......this meeting (today) shouldve taken place a month ago!

Then if the players wanted stuff reworded, they had time to get it reworded.

Now, with the owners ready to approve the deal tomorrow at the league meeting, there is no time to delay any further.

Erok

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by Erok » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:48 am

Peyton Mannings Agent Tom Condone was on NFL Network and feels players will vote to approve the new deal tonight or tomorrow morning!

I cant wait until Tom or Greg can remove this entire lockout thread! LOL.

Hopefully its gone tomorrow for good.

Greg Ambrosius

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:04 am

Originally posted by W. Klown:
Peyton Mannings Agent Tom Condone was on NFL Network and feels players will vote to approve the new deal tonight or tomorrow morning!

I cant wait until Tom or Greg can remove this entire lockout thread! LOL.

Hopefully its gone tomorrow for good. NFL Network is now reporting that no player vote will happen today. Most player reps have left Washington DC. Somehow this can't be good, unless they just need more time to digest the 500+ page document and the reps have stated how they would vote. Time for more erroneous speculation and tweets tonight.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:44 am

Okay, it looks like the player reps have pretty much signed off on this deal and we're just awaiting the final documents. From Chris Mortenson of ESPN:

Majority player reps have left; gave De Smith & committee "vote of confidence" to finish final deal points. Vote can be via conference call

SI's Jim Trotter is also stating that "Player reps have voted to forward settlement agreement to named plaintiffs, pending resolution of some outstanding issues. ..Class counsel will continue negotiating with NFL attorneys in hopes of resolving the matter by tomorrow, so owners can vote on it."

Let's hope it's still on track.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Erok

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by Erok » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:51 am

Well, the way I see it is that they work tonight & tomorrow morning to restructure/reword things.

Then sometime tomorrow afternoon players vote to approve it and then owners approve it. Then its over.

If it goes through Friday without being officially resolved, then I will be really worried.

I still think it gets done by this Friday. It is just sad it is this freaking difficult to not only get the deal done, but get quality honest information.

Greg Ambrosius

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:12 am

ESPN just announced that the Pro Football Hall of Fame is still planning for the HOF Game between the Bears and Rams. If a deal gets approved this week, Canton officials believe both teams could still play in the Hall of Fame game. NICE.

Let's hope it happens, but at least good news coming from the league. Maybe it's just more pressure on the players to settle this once and for all, but let's see. Good news, though.