Total Point Data

Greg Ambrosius

Total Point Data

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:29 am

Week 5 eliminated almost half of our undefeated teams in the NFFC main event as we now have 13 teams at 5-0 after having 25 4-0 teams last week. The highest ranking 5-0 team in total points is Rick Wiegan in eighth place and there is a 5-0 team in Chicago League 1 that ranks 208th overall in total points. Good luck everyone and I trust that Rob will have the rest of the weekly stats soon. I'm going to the store right now to buy some Corona's for Rob as payment for those nice numbers! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Ted's Cracked Head

Total Point Data

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:36 am

I will have them updated a little later this afternoon.

I am also working on a DEF/ST comparison that may be enlightening. The data at the end of the season may help you evaluate the changes to this years D' scoring to see if the changes that were implemented achieved your goals.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

BONGIZMO

Total Point Data

Post by BONGIZMO » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:37 am

This is beginning to look like the College Rankings where the overall champ may not have a spotless record...Parity has hit Fantasy Football! :cool:
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

Ted's Cracked Head

Total Point Data

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:24 pm

Here is the updated and improved Total Point Data. Sorry about the link leading off the page but it is easier to show it iin its best light this way.

Link to the Total Point Data

It can also be printed via the link above.

[ October 10, 2006, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: Ted's Cracked Head ]
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

BillyWaz

Total Point Data

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:31 pm

That is some good stuff!

It is shocking to me that Chicago 2 (19.68) and Chicago (19.62) are over ONE full point ahead of any other league in weekly average score. It is NOT surprising it is Chicago 2, as it seems like every week is a struggle for me to pull out a victory, and my lone loss this year I scored 156.

Good Job Rob! :D

Greg Ambrosius

Total Point Data

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:17 am

That is great data, Rob. All of those numbers are interesting.

I look forward to the defensive stats. Yes, I'll admit that defenses are probably scoring more than I expected this year as we've had several teams with shutouts or holding teams to six points or less. Chicago is giving up just 7.2 points per game thus far, so they obviously are more valuable than even I expected them to be in our NFFC scoring system. We'll re-evaluate everything at season's end and look at the scoring for everything.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

TradeStar28

Total Point Data

Post by TradeStar28 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:22 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
That is great data, Rob. All of those numbers are interesting.

I look forward to the defensive stats. Yes, I'll admit that defenses are probably scoring more than I expected this year as we've had several teams with shutouts or holding teams to six points or less. Chicago is giving up just 7.2 points per game thus far, so they obviously are more valuable than even I expected them to be in our NFFC scoring system. We'll re-evaluate everything at season's end and look at the scoring for everything. Greg, any chance that you could put together an IDP league for 2007?
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again