Did KDS Work In 2006?

Greg Ambrosius

Did KDS Work In 2006?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:51 am

I'd be interested in your feedback about KDS now that the draft slots have been announced for all of our satellite leagues, main event leagues and Draft Champions leagues. Feedback on the following will help us plan for 2007:

1. Did it create a little added excitement and strategy this off-season? When Clinton Portis went down with injury this pre-season, we certainly saw a lot of KDS preferences change between then and now. Did it help you? Did you like it?

2. Tom can address this better than me as he ran each KDS, but most owners certainly had KDS settings other than 1 through 14. Several owners who got the first pick moved to the third spot and that allowed some guys to move up a spot or two. There were some teams who are now in the No. 1 hole who were randomly selected third in their league. There are also some owners in the 14th spot today who were selected sixth overall or a little lower. Did you move up or down with KDS?

3. If you didn't get one of your top preferences, did you at least get something closer to what you wanted? I'm sure there are some people who got the 14th spot on their KDS, but that happens. But did KDS help you?

Any feedback is good feedback. Hopefully there are a few happy folks out there. Good luck everyone and we'll see ya in a week.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

rtttslr

Did KDS Work In 2006?

Post by rtttslr » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:27 am

KDS is a winner--any control is a good thing for the owners. Great idea, great execution.

I moved down intentionally in satellites and the main event. Too many questions up top for me this season, and I didn't want to wait "forever" to get a stud WR or decent RB2.

Nice effort!

3INTBOY

Did KDS Work In 2006?

Post by 3INTBOY » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:44 am

Greg, I'm not sure, but i thought it would be interesting to point out that I had two chances with KDS. 1 Satellite and The Main event. In both cases I left the draft order as is 1/12

And ended up w/ #1. So it worked for me, because I have no preference of draft spots.

3'

miami canes

Did KDS Work In 2006?

Post by miami canes » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:19 am

wow figures i would get 14th since i picked that kds 14th,,,very unhappy.

Captain Hook

Did KDS Work In 2006?

Post by Captain Hook » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:20 am

Any system that gives the players some input over ZERO input has to be an improvement.

Thumbs up for KDS and for NFFC using KDS :D

Until you think the 300+ are ready for BBDS, KDS is the best system (although personally I favor each person drawing their league number and seat number when they enter the draft room) :cool:

miami canes

Did KDS Work In 2006?

Post by miami canes » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:24 am

seems like my imput had very little imput

RI WORKHORSE

Did KDS Work In 2006?

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:32 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
Any system that gives the players some input over ZERO input has to be an improvement.

Thumbs up for KDS and for NFFC using KDS :D

Until you think the 300+ are ready for BBDS, KDS is the best system (although personally I favor each person drawing their league number and seat number when they enter the draft room) :cool: Well said hook.......

KDS is better then random.....BBDS is better then the KDS....and I would much rather see someone picking my draft slot live too....Bottom line anything is better then random....But would rather have high stakes events based on skill then luck......IMO the auction is the fairest way to go......

Johnny
I.W
Johnny Frisella

RiFF

Did KDS Work In 2006?

Post by RiFF » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:39 am

Any control that is achieved over pure randomness has to be viewed as a plus. I'm sure, as 99.99% of the entrants, I had the 1st 3 draft slots as my 1st 3 choices. And I also had the last 3 slots as my last choices. The 8 in between I altered to some degree. As I got one of those middle picks, without knowing in which randon slot I was chosen, I'm not sure how much KDS may have helped me. But, after participating in both a BBDS draft using the bidding of FA dollars to determine draft slots and a BBDS draft using points earned during the season to bid on draft slots; I believe both of these BBDS systems are FAR superior to KDS. Great job getting the draft slots out early and look forward to the draft next week.

Dave Clum

Did KDS Work In 2006?

Post by Dave Clum » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:04 am

I do not hold a grudge.But,I GOT MY THIRTEENTH CHOICE.I have had pretty good luck in the past.Any chance LJ,LT,or Alexander fall to 13?Hey,chicago 3 let'em drop baby.

Gordon Gekko

Did KDS Work In 2006?

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:08 am

BBDS is the best way. it was a blast in all the sat leagues. it's very easy to understand and it WORKS for EVERYONE
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?