More Slow Draft Offerings Part 3: $50, $125, $250, $375

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:19 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:Originally posted by RiFF:
I'd join, but this format doesn't make a lot of sense to me. First, second and third all receive the same prize??
It would make a lot more sense (at least to me) if first received an entry to the doubleheader, both Classic and Primetime ($2150), second received an entry to the Classic ($1400) and 3rd received an entry to the Primetime ($750). And if the discount for the early entry to the doubleheader was factored in the prize pool would be about the same.
Maybe I'm too much a Capitalist but this format seems like Socialized FF.
But, hey good luck to everyone and you only have to finish 3rd. Riff,

Not that I want you in this lge ;) , but you're looking at it wrong. Think of it as a qualifying round for 2010's main event. Top 3 move on to the next rd.
[/QUOTE]I'm looking at it like I'd be subsidizing 2 "slackers". :eek: Btw, good to see you back on the MB.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:29 am

Originally posted by RiFF:
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:
I'd join, but this format doesn't make a lot of sense to me. First, second and third all receive the same prize??
It would make a lot more sense (at least to me) if first received an entry to the doubleheader, both Classic and Primetime ($2150), second received an entry to the Classic ($1400) and 3rd received an entry to the Primetime ($750). And if the discount for the early entry to the doubleheader was factored in the prize pool would be about the same.

Not that I want you in this lge ;) , but you're looking at it wrong. Think of it as a qualifying round for 2010's main event. Top 3 move on to the next rd.
[/QUOTE]I'm looking at it like I'd be subsidizing 2 "slackers". :eek: Btw, good to see you back on the MB.
[/QUOTE]I see your point Riff (and like your suggested prize table), but I simply see this as a good way to get an entry into the 2010 Main for $375 rather than $1,400.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:49 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
If this can fill by THIS Friday (7/17), I would be game as I need it to be over by Friday, August 7th.

I think 3 weeks (21 days) should be sufficent time to knock this out.

Consider me in IF it can fill in the next two days. Greg, make me draft commish and we'll finish on time. ;)
[/QUOTE]Deal.

Billy is worried about finishing in three weeks. With this group I bet you'll be done in 10 days. KJ will get a bunch of you together to draft live one night and you'll be closer to the finish line. I know how this group works and this will move quickly and three owners will win $1400 worth of entries each. Not a bad deal for $375.

I'll add Billy to the list and we'll see where it takes us. KJ is in charge. Shawn is in your backyard right now KJ, so get him off the tennis courts in San Diego and into this league. ;)
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:53 am

Okay, I'll update the list and see if we can fill this by Friday. For the hell of it, I'll put a noon CST deadline on this one for KDS preferences to spur on the entries. E-mail me your KDS preferences for this one by Friday and we'll get this league locked and loaded. Here's the tentative lineup card:

$375 NFFC Draft Champions Slow Draft League No. 1
On MockDraftCentral.com starting when league fills
$375 Entry Fee, Pay $1,400 or 2010 NFFC main event free entry to Top 3 Finishers
1. Mark Moyer
2. Tom Yates
3. Ron Kraus
4. Thomas Kay
5. Jules McLean
6. KJ Duke
7. Glenn Schroter
8. Chris DaVault
9. Rick Thomas
10. Rob Benetti (tentative)
11. Billy Wasosky (tentative)

Wayne Ellis (thinking about it)
Ormond Rose (wants KJ to set up one night of live slow drafting)
Rich Dunn (already has sights on first place)

There you go. Now, let's get five FIRM commitments and this league is a go. Look at that lineup card above. Don't you think the fun of 32 rounds of drafting with this group is worth the price of admission? There should be lots of fun in the Chat area of this league.

Now who wants to join this group? Say the word and I'll add you to the list and we'll start drafting on Friday afternoon. Thanks all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:56 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:

[/QUOTE]I see your point Riff (and like your suggested prize table), but I simply see this as a good way to get an entry into the 2010 Main for $375 rather than $1,400.
[/QUOTE]The prize setup was actually suggested by KJ Duke for baseball and was roundly approved by our NFBC customers. Basically we all agree that we're drafting very early in the season and so much can happen between now and the season opener that is totally out of our control. Thus we're hedging our prizes for the top three finishers and making three good winners out of this very early season draft.

I understand what Rich is saying, but after seeing a team possibly lose someone like Derek Mason since our drafts were held it makes sense to reward the best three in this format. If you folks want to reward more for first in a $375 Slow Draft as we get closer to DRaft Day, I'm all for it. But for now, too much can happen between now and Week 1.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:19 am

While I originally said Friday, that date can be pushed and I will commit as long as we are guaranteed to finish on (or before) August 7th.

I agree Greg, with KJ cracking the whip and this lineup, we should be able to knock this out in 16 days max (2 rounds per day).

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:30 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
While I originally said Friday, that date can be pushed and I will commit as long as we are guaranteed to finish on (or before) August 7th.

I agree Greg, with KJ cracking the whip and this lineup, we should be able to knock this out in 16 days max (2 rounds per day). Billy, I'll take the under in that one. KJ, how long did it take you guys to finish the NFBC Slow Draft, 15 teams, 45 rounds? Less than 16 days, I believe.

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:13 am

ACTUALLY I LIKE PATRICK'S IDEA FOR FIRST, SECOND AND THIRD.

ONE WOULD SEEM TO THINK THAT 1ST AND 3RD SHOULD NOT BE EQUAL.

I WOULD LOVE FOR THAT PRIZE LINEUP TO BE IMPLEMENTED SOMEWAY SOMEHOW.

BESIDES WE DON'T HAVE ANY SATELLITES THAT TIE BOTH LEAGUE TOGETHER AS FAR AS PRIZE MONEY WHICH I THINK WOULD BE COOL TO PROMOTE BOTH.

HOPEFULLY WE CAN IMPLEMENT THIS PRIZE STRUCTURE IN THE LEAGUE OR ANOTHER ONE.

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:26 am

It's Rich's (riff) idea that I think you are referring to.

Count me out if this league is switched to the more traditional prize structure. I've already been nailed by injuries and un-retirements and suspensions in my early drafts this year. Fine for drafts starting closer to Week 1 like Greg said, but training camps haven't even opened. And while I like traditional prize structures in early drafts too, I like that we have this option....more bang for my buck.

For $375 I get 3 cracks at a free Main Event entry, I like those odds! Good potential ROI in my book...
@RedRyder

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:31 am

THIS LEAGUE IS LOCKED WITH THE PRIZE STRUCTURE IS AT. THAT SUGGESTION WAS FOR FUTURE LEAGUES THAT WANTED TO REWARD FIRST PLACE WITH A GREATER PRIZE.

THIS LEAGUE'S PRIZE STRUCTURE WILL NOT CHANGE.