More Slow Draft Offerings Part 3: $50, $125, $250, $375

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:01 am

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
ACTUALLY I LIKE PATRICK'S IDEA FOR FIRST, SECOND AND THIRD.

ONE WOULD SEEM TO THINK THAT 1ST AND 3RD SHOULD NOT BE EQUAL.

I WOULD LOVE FOR THAT PRIZE LINEUP TO BE IMPLEMENTED SOMEWAY SOMEHOW.

BESIDES WE DON'T HAVE ANY SATELLITES THAT TIE BOTH LEAGUE TOGETHER AS FAR AS PRIZE MONEY WHICH I THINK WOULD BE COOL TO PROMOTE BOTH.

HOPEFULLY WE CAN IMPLEMENT THIS PRIZE STRUCTURE IN THE LEAGUE OR ANOTHER ONE. Sorry, didn't mean to imply that you were lobbying hard to change this league structure. But, from your above post it seemed like you were hoping to change this league structure (or get a future one done), hence my post.
@RedRyder

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:33 am

NO PROBLEM JULES. I WOULDN'T WANT TO CHANGE A LEAGUE STURCTURE/PAYOUT ONCE IT'S SET.

HOWEVER I DO FEEL THAT FIRST AND THIRD PLACE SHOULD NEVER BE EQUAL UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE IN ANY LEAGUE.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:34 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:
It's Rich's (riff) idea that I think you are referring to.

Count me out if this league is switched to the more traditional prize structure. I've already been nailed by injuries and un-retirements and suspensions in my early drafts this year. Fine for drafts starting closer to Week 1 like Greg said, but training camps haven't even opened. And while I like traditional prize structures in early drafts too, I like that we have this option....more bang for my buck.

For $375 I get 3 cracks at a free Main Event entry, I like those odds! Good potential ROI in my book... This league is good to go with the prize structure we currently have in place. In fact, I think it's why we have 11 signups right now. Hopefully we'll get three more and have some fun.

No worries Ormond. Maybe we'll set up a satellite league like you are suggesting in early August.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:05 am

Terry Lewis will take a spot in the $375 Slow Draft, bringing us to 12 teams!! Just TWO SPOTS LEFT for this $375 Slow Draft League. Let's see if we can fill this one up before the weekend. Who wants a spot in this one?

$375 NFFC Draft Champions Slow Draft League No. 1
On MockDraftCentral.com starting when league fills
$375 Entry Fee, Pay $1,400 or 2010 NFFC main event free entry to Top 3 Finishers
1. Mark Moyer
2. Tom Yates
3. Ron Kraus
4. Thomas Kay
5. Jules McLean
6. KJ Duke
7. Glenn Schroter
8. Chris DaVault
9. Rick Thomas
10. Rob Benetti (tentative)
11. Billy Wasosky (tentative)
12. Terry Lewis
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:55 am

Count me out if this league is switched to the more traditional prize structure. I've already been nailed by injuries and un-retirements and suspensions in my early drafts this year. Fine for drafts starting closer to Week 1 like Greg said, but training camps haven't even opened. And while I like traditional prize structures in early drafts too, I like that we have this option....more bang for my buck.

For $375 I get 3 cracks at a free Main Event entry, I like those odds! Good potential ROI in my book... Sorry if I created any confusion here. I was just expressing an opinion and had ZERO expectation that this draft's format/structure would even be considered to be altered based on my posting.
I understand why some might prefer this structure this early in the drafting season; (but not the folks in this draft!!) but even my "alternate" structure is probably flatter than I would like. A "normal" payout structure is about 66% - 25% - 9%. I laid out an alternate 50% - 33% - 17%.; while the structure here is just a flat 33 -33 -33.
Personally, I thought extending the draft to 32 rounds pretty much obviated much of the injury/suspension/retirement concerns brought on by drafting early. And those same concerns will obviously exist throughout TC and preseason and through week 16. Heck, look at the folks that spent a 1st round draft choice on Brady, in the Mains, last year. That euphoria lasted about 1 quarter. But again, good luck to everyone, and I didn't intend to create any ripples but I just can't see the point of entering a draft with the mindset of being as pleased finishing 3rd as 1st. (and I understand your point Kevin) Kind of reminds me of when my kids first started playing Little League and they didn't keep score. That made absolutely no sense to me either. ;)

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:59 am

For $375 I get 3 cracks at a free Main Event entry, I like those odds! Good potential ROI in my book... My thoughts exactly. We did something like this in a Magazine baseball draft a few years back. Everyone threw in money, and the Top 3 teams got free entries the following year. It was very competitive until the end, and a lot of fun knowing you only had to crack the Top 3 to get a big cash out.

Hope we fill this soon!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:01 pm

Just a small update to this $375 Slow Draft:

$375 Entry Fee, Pay $1,400 or 2010 NFFC main event free entry to Top 3 Finishers
1. Mark Moyer
2. Tom Yates
3. Ron Kraus
4. Thomas Kay
5. Jules McLean
6. KJ Duke
7. Glenn Schroter
8. Chris DaVault
9. Rick Thomas
12. Terry Lewis
??. Ormond Rose (leaning toward joining!!!)

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:05 pm

Originally posted by RiFF:
but I just can't see the point of entering a draft with the mindset of being as pleased finishing 3rd as 1st...Kind of reminds me of when my kids first started playing Little League and they didn't keep score. That made absolutely no sense to me either. ;) If we were doing this draft in early September, I'd agree with you. However, a lot of this is guesswork right now. Almost everyone is going to make major mistakes and blunders, as information is far from perfect in mid-July.

Think of it as archery, but you don't need to hit the bullseye to win. The three who come closest move on to the next round (good analogy by KJDuke there).

Clonedawg

Post by Clonedawg » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:40 pm

I will take a spot if it is available. This league should be a lot of fun and you cant beat having the top 3 win a spot in next years main.

Matt Sterk

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:50 pm

Originally posted by Clonedawg:
I will take a spot if it is available. This league should be a lot of fun and you cant beat having the top 3 win a spot in next years main.

Matt Sterk Glad to have you on board Matt. You're in for sure. We're almost there folks. Just a few confirmations and a leaning NFFC member and we'll be good to go:

1. Mark Moyer
2. Tom Yates
3. Ron Kraus
4. Thomas Kay
5. Jules McLean
6. KJ Duke
7. Glenn Schroter
8. Chris DaVault
9. Rick Thomas
12. Terry Lewis
13. Matt Sterk
??. Ormond Rose (leaning toward joining!!!)