The Top Tier TE Sans Dilemma

kentucky

Post by kentucky » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:57 am

Thanks Mike, that explains everything.
bill cleavenger
"BIG BLUE NATION" ... We don't rebuild, we reload!!!

kentucky

Post by kentucky » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:37 am

Originally posted by The FF Maestro:
Now, the only problem that I foresee here is if too many of the FF freaks and ghouls out there in Fantasy Land start picking up on this strategy and begin ignoring the "expert" advice that they're being given on just about every Guru Grade and Pundit Piece out there...thank the FF Gods up above that the masses and herds don't ALL read this MB, eh? ... IMO Glenn, this isn't original thinking, you're just the only one to put it on the boards. :D
bill cleavenger

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:45 am

I actually tried this strategy recently in a draft held by the FFPC, whose format actually increases the value in obtaining one of the top TE's.

From the 1-hole I grabbed Arian Foster, then Aaron Rodgers & Jermichael Finley at the 2-3 turn.

I found myself immediately chasing WR's and then chasing 2nd RB the rest of the draft. Things can change obviously once the season and in-season management starts, but as of now I'm not happy with this team's construction.

kentucky

Post by kentucky » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:49 am

I can understand your problem Glenn. Certain strategies don't work from specified draft slots.
bill cleavenger

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:02 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
I actually tried this strategy recently in a draft held by the FFPC, whose format actually increases the value in obtaining one of the top TE's.

From the 1-hole I grabbed Arian Foster, then Aaron Rodgers & Jermichael Finley at the 2-3 turn.

I found myself immediately chasing WR's and then chasing 2nd RB the rest of the draft. Things can change obviously once the season and in-season management starts, but as of now I'm not happy with this team's construction. Exactly what I'd expect Glenn. Now, with the volatility/unpredictability of RBs and WRs, if a few of yours outperform expectations, you might be sitting on a championship team. Then again, you might be giving up more at THREE WR positions each week than you'll gain at QB/TE. Good luck though.

[ August 14, 2011, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:10 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
quote:Originally posted by Glenneration X:

I found myself immediately chasing WR's and then chasing 2nd RB the rest of the draft. Things can change obviously once the season and in-season management starts, but as of now I'm not happy with this team's construction. Exactly what I'd expect Glenn. Now, with the volatility/unpredictability of RBs and WRs, if a few of yours outperform expectations, you might be sitting on a championship team. Then again, you might be giving up more at THREE WR positions each week than you'll gain at QB/TE. Good luck though.
[/QUOTE]Well that was the game plan Mike. So in my chase to grab every back end of a time share RB in the hopes that the volatility of the position would garner me a full-time stud down the road, I picked up the likes of.....

Mikel LeShoure,
Montario Hardesty,
DeMarco Murray

So far since the draft, the volatility of the position has done me no favors.

I do agree with Bill however, the draft slot makes a huge difference in pulling off a strategy like this. There were several times players who I had hoped would drop and would have made this a much more successful strategy came within one or two picks from being mine. It just wasn't meant to be.

The one positive of the experience, it wasn't a Main Event.