The NFFC's NFL Mock Draft

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:03 am

Redskins really wanted Julio Jones but defensive line is another area of need. So the Redskins select:

Cameron Jordan, DE, Cal

Next up is: Houston

[ April 27, 2011, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:31 am

The Texans are in desperate need of defensive help. I'm not convinced J.J. Watt is going to be a stud but he plays hard, can rush the passer and has a low chance of being a bust. So with the 11th pick in the draft the Texans select:

J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin

The Minnesota Vikings are on the clock.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:37 am

As much as I'd love to stick the Vikings with an unproven college QB, I think they will sign Donovan McNabb for the short term and try to get by with him for a year or two. I don't think that Vikings' fans can stomach Andy Dalton in the first round. Besides, this defense is aging and if they get a stud like Robert Quinn falling to them at this point of the first round they have to take him. Improve the defense and sign a veteran QB Vikes.

Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina

Detroit Lions are on the clock.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:50 am

The Lions are seeking to bolster their secondary and Prince Amukamara is considered by some to be the best pure cover CB in the draft. So with the 13th pick in the draft the Lions select:

Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska

The Rams are now on the clock.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:08 am

The Rams need to protect QB Sam Bradford and they also need a big push from the OL to score near the goal-line. I know they could use some defensive help as well, but I'm going with the best OT on the board here:

Anthony Castanzo, OT, Boston College

Dolphins are on the clock for Tom or any other NFFC owner who wants to make the pick on what THEY think the team should take.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:20 am

The Dolphins reportedly will not be bringing back Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams. They also reportedly want DeAngelo Williams badly. So it's pretty obvious they view RB as a high priority. Williams would be a great fit but with free agency a huge unknown on Draft Night, the Dolphins can't afford to mess around. So the easy pick is the No. 1 RB in this year's draft.

Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama

The Jacksonville Jaguars are now on the clock.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:59 am

There's actually a kid from Iola-Scandinavia High School who made the Jaguars last year, which is pretty cool. I saw Austen Lane play football and basketball here when he wasn't only about 220 pounds, but he's filled out since then and actually had a pretty good rookie NFL season with the Jaguars. He's a pass rushing DE, so it pains me to say that the Jaguars are still in need of a good DE to fill out this line. Let's fill that need with:

Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue

They like his ability and his character. I do too.

Next up: New England Patriots

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:14 am

The Patriots are a prime team to trade out of their spot but there are no trades in the NFFC. Adding a potential impact player on the defensive front isn't a bad way to go here. So with the 17th pick in the draft, the Patriots select:

Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri

San Diego is on the clock.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:40 am

Let's move things along a bit more quickly with the next three picks:

18. San Diego - Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois. Gives the Chargers more talent up front to help a defense that came on strong in the second half last season.

19. NY Giants - Mike Pouncey, C, Florida. Not a sexy pick but Pouncey is versatile and should help strengthen the Giants' offensive line.

20. Tampa Bay - Adrian Clayburn, DE, Iowa. The Bucs are another team that needs help on the defensive line. Clayburn is a big body who should help their run defense in particular.

[ April 28, 2011, 08:56 AM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:50 am

21. Let's stick with the local stud here because the Chiefs need more offensive linemen. They want Pouncey, but he's going to be gone, so let's give them:

Wisconsin T Gabe Carimi

Next up: Indianapolis Colts