Is it time for PPR across the board?

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:53 pm

When the NFFC started with one half point per reception for RB's it balanced out the playing field and made the game much more balanced. I think it was the perfect scoring system.

However, today's NFL game has drastically changed. Teams are predominantly using RBBC with 2 or even 3 RB's sharing the workload. Now it seems that the NFFC is too much about WR's. I'm just wondering if it's time to look at PPR across the board next year?

Thoughts?

Wayne

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:57 pm

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
When the NFFC started with one half point per reception for RB's it balanced out the playing field and made the game much more balanced. I think it was the perfect scoring system.

However, today's NFL game has drastically changed. Teams are predominantly using RBBC with 2 or even 3 RB's sharing the workload. Now it seems that the NFFC is too much about WR's. I'm just wondering if it's time to look at PPR across the board next year?

Thoughts?

Wayne I would agree with this. I'd also like to see 1.5PPR for TEs.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

da bears

Post by da bears » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:58 pm

Yeah I also agree Wayne. PPR across the board would be fine with me.
Bauler Shot Caller

D-Day Heroes

Post by D-Day Heroes » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:09 pm

Wayne , I'm Glad You started this thread , I didn't see it earlier when i posted this statement on the 3rr thread , so i moved it over here :

As a matter of fact i was just thinking , wow what a difference PPR makes. In a very good way imho.

Before ppr , it was a no brainer , you load up on running backs or you pack your bags early in the season.

Now with PPR , wide receivers are just as valuable as running backs , maybe a litlle more so this year , but not as much as many people thnk.

Point being , by creating greater parity between positions , you create a FAR MORE competitive format.

It is so cool to see these draft boards that differ like snowflakes. Instead of like in the past where they all looked like they came from the same cookie cutter.

AND I believe that is all due to PPR :D

Wayne , I think you should stay on top of this thread ... ideally , i would like to see ppr are used to level out as much as it can , all the skill positions , I just believe by doing so, IT MAKES THE DRAFT SO MUCH MORE VERSITLE , INTERESTING , COMPETITIVE AND EXCITING.
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

D-Day Heroes

Post by D-Day Heroes » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:10 pm

Wayne , I'm Glad You started this thread , I didn't see it earlier when i posted this statement on the 3rr thread , so i moved it over here :

As a matter of fact i was just thinking , wow what a difference PPR makes. In a very good way imho.

Before ppr , it was a no brainer , you load up on running backs or you pack your bags early in the season.

Now with PPR , wide receivers are just as valuable as running backs , maybe a litlle more so this year , but not as much as many people thnk.

Point being , by creating greater parity between positions , you create a FAR MORE competitive format.

It is so cool to see these draft boards that differ like snowflakes. Instead of like in the past where they all looked like they came from the same cookie cutter.

AND I believe that is all due to PPR :D

Wayne , I think you should stay on top of this thread ... ideally , i would like to see ppr are used to level out as much as it can , all the skill positions , I just believe by doing so, IT MAKES THE DRAFT SO MUCH MORE VERSITILE , INTERESTING , COMPETITIVE AND EXCITING.
:cool:
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:31 pm

I have been one that hasn't been in favor of a number of rules we have put in place over the years that has made the NFFC move too far away from the main stream which in turn has kept us small imo. That being said I am all FOR having a catch be worth a catch regardless of what position you play.

We created 3RR as a knee jerk reaction to LT's big year and with the RB getting only a half point per reception we have essentially skewed things to far in the other direction. Where as people used to complain if they weren't lucky enough to get an early pick, now many complain if they aren't lucky enough to secure a pick on the backside even with KDS in play.

Just my .02
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

chrismatsko

Post by chrismatsko » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:36 pm

I agree PPR across the board and get rid of 3RR in the 12-team league at the very least.

D-Day Heroes

Post by D-Day Heroes » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:44 pm

Originally posted by BONGIZMO:
I have been one that hasn't been in favor of a number of rules we have put in place over the years that has made the NFFC move too far away from the main stream which in turn has kept us small imo. That being said I am all FOR having a catch be worth a catch regardless of what position you play.

We created 3RR as a knee jerk reaction to LT's big year and with the RB getting only a half point per reception we have essentially skewed things to far in the other direction. Where as people used to complain if they weren't lucky enough to get an early pick, now many complain if they aren't lucky enough to secure a pick on the backside even with KDS in play.

Just my .02 B-Man , I agree with that assesment totally.

So whats the best way to balance this out ?

would it be dumping the 3rr and just making ppr across the board ?
I think thats the way i would vote right now.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:55 pm

DDH, this is a post I placed on another thread but maybe it also fits here and offers my solution/ideas.

Member Rated:
posted September 06, 2009 08:50 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wasn't for 3RR originally and still find it to be an element that is keeping this event small. As much as I love the competition, it would be nice if so many of the talented gamers weren't having to beat up on each other year in and year out in the same leagues.

What set the NFFC apart from all other contests was that as a 14 teamer we were deeper than all others and truly tested the players drafting prowess. All the added complexities did was isolate our contest as one that the harder core gamers could compete in and allowed for the other contests to attract newbies that often went to contests that resembled what they had always known in their local leagues.

Imo leave us at 14, keep the KDS as even newer folks can figure that out, make every catch worth what it should be, a full point and lose 3RR and then let Fanball see what they can do from a marketing perspective. Combined with Greg and Tom's top notch unmatched customer service we can bring new blood into the NFFC.

[ September 06, 2009, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: BONGIZMO ]
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.