MyFantasyLeague.com Teams Up With NFFC For Auction Software

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:51 am

We're proud to announce that the NFFC is going to be working closely with our Wisconsin friends at MyFantasyLeague.com to host some online auction satellite leagues this off-season. Mike Hall and his gang at MFL.com are well respected for their first class fantasy football commissioner service and now they've developed an online auction platform that the NFFC would like to use for our pay leagues.

As most of you may know, Geoff Stein is now part of the MyFantasyLeague.com team and Geoff is going to lead the way in this venture with the NFFC. He is going to set up a test league on Tuesday, July 26th at 7 pm ET for anyone who is interested in testing out the software. I have not jumped into the software yet and may participate as well, but let's get 14 owners together to test this out and help the guys at MFL.com tweak the software. Then if we all agree that this is solid and ready for pay auction leagues, we'll create some times and dates for NFFC leagues and go from there. We'll run these leagues similar to the NFFC 14-team Auction Leagues and figure out the prize payouts once we've all agreed on the entry level. Again, we can do these at $125, $250, $350 or $500 if you'd like. We'll figure this out together.

I've always wanted to offer more online auction satellite leagues, but the opportunity just wasn't right. Now I think we've found the perfect partner in MFL.com and hopefully this will be the start of a really good partnership in more ways than just one.

Okay, who wants to participate in the test league? We won't play it out and we might not even draft all the way through. But we need some testers who are serious about doing these down the road online and can help with suggestions on the software. Put your name down here and we'll get to 14 before Tuesday. Thanks all.

NFFC Auction Test League
Tuesday, July 26th, 7 pm ET
1. Greg Dietzler
2. Mark Srebro
3. Pete Suni (tentative)
4. Mike Weber
5. Russ Titsch
6. Scott Shudy
7. Mark Moyer
8. Billy Wasosky
9. Todd Whitestone
10. Marty

[ July 23, 2011, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:01 am

July 29th is a Friday, Greg.

Do you mean Tuesday, July 26th?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:02 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
July 29th is a Friday, Greg.

Do you mean Tuesday, July 26th? Tuesday, July 26th it is.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Getpaddled

Post by Getpaddled » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:18 am

Id like to test it out

Greg Dietzler
Greg Dietzler AKA Letter Pusher
Fantasy Football Genius & FPA supporter
Twitter: @Getpaddled

DoubleG

Post by DoubleG » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:27 am

IN. Thanks Greg and looking forward to seeing Geoff again!

Greg - If this goes off and you have auction DC's, I'll have to ask the mrs for an increase in my football allowance!

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:32 am

nice.

not sure i'll be around Tuesday night. i will let you know later if i can make it.

also would be more interested in DC auctions....

Pete

DoubleG

Post by DoubleG » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:35 am

Originally posted by boutrous11:
LET'S DO IT GREG!!!! THERE'S A MOUNTAIN OF UNCLAIMED MARKET SHARE KNOCKING ON YOUR DOOR!! :D :cool:

Highlander

Post by Highlander » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:54 am

I would also be interested in a DC auction....but how would you do it after round 23.....would it all be auction to round 30?

Thanks,
Paul

Highlander

Post by Highlander » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:56 am

lol im thinking baseball to round 23 lol... question...would it be to round 30?
Thanks,
paul

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:01 am

Originally posted by DoubleG:
quote:Originally posted by boutrous11:
LET'S DO IT GREG!!!! THERE'S A MOUNTAIN OF UNCLAIMED MARKET SHARE KNOCKING ON YOUR DOOR!! :D :cool:
[/QUOTE]I certainly don't see any problem with running these 14-team, 30-round DC leagues once we get them on our site. I'd have to check with Geoff to see if we could just go 30 rounds and increase the team payroll total to $207. If they can do that, then I'm cool with this format. Payouts would be the same as any other $125, $250 or $500 DC leagues. I'm cool with it if the software can make it happen. I'll talk to Geoff now.