Having input in draft slot selection

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:39 am

1. Blind bidding on in-season free agents is very common and so it's not something that would potentially scare off new users. While I want to see our game remain competitive and unique, I also want to see it remain accessible and not add more potential complexities that could prevent people from wanting to compete. I should make it clear I'm speaking for myself here, not Greg. And ultimately he's the boss so what he says goes and I'm cool with that.

2. I think there are some basic rules in place that most fantasy football leagues utilize and one of them is blind bidding for free agents. For draft order, the two most common practices (that I'm aware of anyway) are random selection and inverse order of the previous season's standings. Obviously the last one would be out for the NFFC which leaves us with the first option.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:42 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
2. I think there are some basic rules in place that most fantasy football leagues utilize and one of them is blind bidding for free agents. For draft order, the two most common practices (that I'm aware of anyway) are random selection and inverse order of the previous season's standings. Obviously the last one would be out for the NFFC which leaves us with the first option. Almost sounds like a game I played when I was a kid..."follow the leader"
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:44 am

1. Blind bidding on in-season free agents is very common and so it's not something that would potentially scare off new users. i'd be willing to say that over 50% of your customers this year have never used the blind bidding format before to determine FA's. maybe around 60-70%. just a guess though

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:45 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Almost sounds like a game I played when I was a kid..."follow the leader" Now now Gordon, no need to be caustic. ;) There's also a saying of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Seriously, I think innovation is great and I certainly don't think you necessarily have to follow any particular set of rules. We are definitely open to exploring all possible ideas and avenues to make this event better and more exciting and you guys are coming up with some terrific ones. I mean that. Keep talking and keep tossing out ideas and we'll explore all possible scenarios and go from there.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:46 am

quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
2. I think there are some basic rules in place that most fantasy football leagues utilize and one of them is blind bidding for free agents. For draft order, the two most common practices (that I'm aware of anyway) are random selection and inverse order of the previous season's standings. Obviously the last one would be out for the NFFC which leaves us with the first option. Almost sounds like a game I played when I was a kid..."follow the leader" [/QUOTE]Gordy, your idea sux in all honesty and I will guess that it wont be used for NFFC. I think high stakes fantasy football leagues have 2 major players in it, we both know who they are and NFFC is one of the two.

We dont need to change anything other than maybe putting a limit on the amount of posts you're allowed to put on this message forum each day.

SIMMA

DOW

NUH

:D
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:48 am

Now now Gordon, no need to be caustic. ;) I was hoping for a :mad:

There's also a saying of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Ya, ya. i heard that one before. i think Lenny used it once or twice ;)

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:50 am

I was hoping for a :mad:

We've had this discussion before, Gordon. I've told you it takes a lot to get me riled up.

Ya, ya. i heard that one before. i think Lenny used it once or twice ;) Who is this Lenny you speak of? :D
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:51 am

Originally posted by Liquid Empire:
your idea sux in all honesty are you the guy i fired 2 months ago. your posts sound a lot like him. just curious. thanks.

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:52 am

quote:Originally posted by Liquid Empire:
your idea sux in all honesty are you the guy i fired 2 months ago. your posts sound a lot like him. just curious. thanks. [/QUOTE]You have me mistaken for someone else, son

Simmer Down Now!
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:54 am

Originally posted by Liquid Empire:
We dont need to change anything other than maybe putting a limit on the amount of posts you're allowed to put on this message forum each day.that will never happen. you are wrong again. thanks for letting me get another post at your expense. this was fun.