Having input in draft slot selection

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:18 pm

Agreed JP - and who wouldn't invest $1 in a 'good' draft position just in case 4-5 other owners refuse to spend a single dollar... or maybe go $2 on a slot in case only $1 bids came in... what's $12 afterall... I do like getting a solid player....Dyv, good try but once again I want to remind you there were people who bid $900+ for Lamar Gordon who probably wouldn't hesitate to fork out big bucks for draft spots.

Tamu, If you don't like the discussions, then don't participate. These are discussions, you know, on a discussion board, where poeple discuss things in a forum where they can be discussed. Am I getting thorugh to you? And again, since you don't remember, we were asked about our opinions.You're right, Vegas. I need to get back to kicking your butt in both leagues. Lot more fun. And in case you're looking for me in the overall, I moved up another 28 spots this week to #24.

Gordon, count me in on a mid-season league but think about pro-rating the $1000 free agent money to make this more realistic, say $500-$600.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:22 pm

Originally posted by TamuScarecrow:
Dyv, good try but once again I want to remind you there were people who bid $900+ for Lamar Gordon who probably wouldn't hesitate to fork out big bucks for draft spots. what's the difference between spending $900 on Gordon or "big bucks" on a draft spot. this year, you'd have better luck with the draft spot.

Originally posted by TamuScarecrow:
Gordon, count me in on a mid-season league but think about pro-rating the $1000 free agent money to make this more realistic, say $500-$600. I don't think the amount of money matters. I still have $900+ left in my main league. some teams still have $1000 left.

[ September 29, 2004, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:25 pm

Originally posted by UFS:
Please read the entire post and not be in such a hurry to reply. Thanks. i did read the entire post. i read it again after i saw your post asking me to read it again. nothing changed. i think we agree. :D

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:46 pm

Gordy,

You still trying to ram this terrible idea of yours down our throats? Jeez, give it a rest

You are talking like you just created velcro even better , the television remote control....

This is how fantasy football works in a redraft -

You are randomly selected a draft pick and you then proceed to draft the best team possible using skill, knowledge and speculation.

Please remember, once you submit your lineup each week....YOU HAVE NO CONTROL OF THE PLAYERS OR GAMES !!!!!!

Next you will ask to see if the NFL will adapt wireless joysticks for us Fantasy football players in order to control our players....

Oh wait , better yet....go buy XBOX and Madden 2005.

:mad:
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

JerseyPaul

Post by JerseyPaul » Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:00 pm

Liquid,

You just don't get it and seems like you never will. All these pages and talk of an experimental league and you come up with that post. In this case, silence would have been much better.

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:10 pm

Originally posted by JerseyPaul:
Liquid,

You just don't get it and seems like you never will. All these pages and talk of an experimental league and you come up with that post. In this case, silence would have been much better. What about Freedom of Speech?

JP...this expirement you talk about is what is known as "a worthless academic excercise".

Draft order will not determine who wins this. Their is no proof showing that picks 1 to 6.72838387474 are better than picks 6.72838387475 to 14.

Let us look at this years draft. Going into the season, subsription websites, magazines, or whatever the fantasy football sheep use for reference material had labeled the SACRED 6 RB's (Priest, LT2, Ahman, Deuce, Clinton, Shaun) as the top 6 draft picks. All RB's. Stats show clearly that 50% or more of the top 5 RB's out of 10 from a previous year do not make it back the following year.

No need to change NFFC and the draft position structure...

I like getting the positions drawn out of Tom's 10 year old, dirty GB Packers hat.

That is how it is traditionally done...and there is no need to change it.

If Gordy wants to talk specifically about how to unseed WCOFF as the top producing high -stakes fantasy challenge within a one year time frame...I have many terrific ideas that have no relevence to changing draft pick management.

:cool:

[ September 29, 2004, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: Liquid Empire ]
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:54 pm

Originally posted by Liquid Empire:
What about Freedom of Speech? I was going to respond in more depth to your BS, but you really aren't worth it. Your posts are worthless LE. You really do sound like the guy i fired a couple months ago. Is your first name Charlie? hehe

I have many terrific ideas that have no relevence to changing draft pick management.
HA! My guess...you don't have any ideas. If you did, you don't have the GUTS to propose them. Just guessing again, but any idea you have would crash and burn. I understand, you may not have enough self confidence to handle that. Thanks again.

[ September 30, 2004, 04:55 AM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:02 am

Please remember, once you submit your lineup each week....YOU HAVE NO CONTROL OF THE PLAYERS OR GAMES !!!!!! charlie, who said you do have control? another brilliant post.

instead of spending your time posting, you may want to get ready for work. "ddddooooo you want that supersized?" do you get tired of people asking you how much it costs? just curious. thanks.

[ September 30, 2004, 06:03 AM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

Grandpu

Post by Grandpu » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:35 am

i don't know why anyone would object to this in a test league. chill out!

i think it would be fun to take a shot at this -- would be even doper to do it as a live auction right before the draft (tho it would hard to be ready to draft from any spot at a moment's notice). the #1 pick goes for 1000 to the portly man in the portis jersey!!!!

dont know if it has mass appeal, tho. priority for the nffc boyz should be getting the unwashed masses on board before they worry about edumacating them on advanced fantasy topics.

nuthin from greg on the topic?

PS gg lays down the new idea gauntlet and LTL, FTP responds: how 'bout a champions league satellite tourney next year with only teams that qualify for the playoffs this year?
Lovely!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:42 am

Greg did respond, but that was like five pages ago. You need to scroll back to see my thoughts.

I have no problem with any new ideas or suggestions for the future that can make the NFFC better. In fact, I encourage those ideas. The key is continuing to grow the NFFC each year, continuing to bring in the best fantasy football players in the country, continuing to make skill the key factor in winning this title, and continuing to keep the playing format simple enough for the average fantasy player who wants to test his/her skills in this format.

If there is a simple, better solution to selecting draft positions other than Tom and I picking 200+ names out of a hat, we'll listen. As I said previously, I don't think Gordon's use of FAAB is perfect, but I have no problem running the mid-season league that seems to be forming and letting our valued members try out this new draft selection process and even a new starting lineup format. They seem to be keeping the 14-team format and scoring system, so that much I like.

As for Gordon hurting Tom's feeling with a strong post, I know he can take it. I pounded a few beers with Gordon and his partner in Las Vegas and feel I can read when he's being just plain rude and rudely informative. So far here, he's been a little of both, but certainly rudely informative to Tom. :D

Keep the ideas flowing and I'll stand on the sidelines and watch the scrum unfold.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius