MyFantasyLeague.com Teams Up With NFFC For Auction Software

moyer1313

Post by moyer1313 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:37 pm

Greg,

I'm in for Tuesday, either format is OK with me.

If this is going to be just a test that is not going to be played out, I'd suggest just a normal auction. The DC auctions take quite a bit longer.

Thank you,
Mark
Follow Me
'07 10-3 127.3 ppg $0 Won
'08 11-2 123.3 ppg $0 Won
'09 2-12 129.5 ppg $0 Won

The only team in NFFC Main Event history to win 11 games and not cash. :(

1683.8 pts. in 2009 is the record for a team with just 2 wins. Old record - 1479.95

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:46 am

I can help Tuesday night.

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:27 am

Guys, its a snake order. When its your turn you click on a guy in the player pool and click the submit button. After you click it, it says "going once, going twice, sold!", or you can see the 3 second timer go down.

I just saved you all a tuesday evening.

I've done many auctions on this site. I suggest you use the latest version of firefox. The biggest suggestion I can give everybody is NOT to wait until the last second to click on the bid button. I know in live drafts, a lot of times you'd like to wait for the last second to chime in but when computers are involved, don't leave anything to chance. Most problems I've seen on the online auctions have been when someone waited until the last nano second to bid and it didn't go through.

Finally, beware of the +1 option if the site has it in the draft room. Its a great tool so you can bid +1 up on any bid. BUT, its a computer, not a live draft. If you click on +1 and a bid for Harry Douglas just went in for $30, a nano second before you clicked your button, you're going to end up now with a $31 bid for Harry Douglas.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:27 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
Guys, its a snake order. When its your turn you click on a guy in the player pool and click the submit button. After you click it, it says "going once, going twice, sold!", or you can see the 3 second timer go down.

I just saved you all a tuesday evening.

I've done many auctions on this site. I suggest you use the latest version of firefox. The biggest suggestion I can give everybody is NOT to wait until the last second to click on the bid button. I know in live drafts, a lot of times you'd like to wait for the last second to chime in but when computers are involved, don't leave anything to chance. Most problems I've seen on the online auctions have been when someone waited until the last nano second to bid and it didn't go through.

Finally, beware of the +1 option if the site has it in the draft room. Its a great tool so you can bid +1 up on any bid. BUT, its a computer, not a live draft. If you click on +1 and a bid for Harry Douglas just went in for $30, a nano second before you clicked your button, you're going to end up now with a $31 bid for Harry Douglas. This sounds like tips for every other online auction site, which is good. It sounds like everyone who has used the MFL.com software feels good about it. We'll give it a test ride on Tuesday night and once everyone feels good about it we'll stop it. We're not doing this for $60 or even playing it out. Let's just all feel comfortable next week with it and spread the word after that. Tom, me and Geoff will jump in if needed. Thanks all to those who will participate, even if it's only for an hour or so, okay?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:29 am

We have a list of 8 owners now. At least four or five more and we should be good to go. Thanks all.

NFFC Auction Test League
Tuesday, July 26th, 7 pm ET
1. Greg Dietzler
2. Mark Srebro
3. Pete Suni (tentative)
4. Mike Weber
5. Russ Titsch
6. Scott Shudy
7. Mark Moyer
8. Billy Wasosky
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:45 am

is anyone opposed to throwing some $ into this league? Even though it's a "test" league, putting any amount of $ (how about 30 bucks) would be awesome.

i'd be willing to put in up to $60.

telestar

Post by telestar » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:40 pm

Greg: I would be willing to participate in this test auction - let me know and I can reserve the time.
Todd

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:23 am

Originally posted by telestar:
Greg: I would be willing to participate in this test auction - let me know and I can reserve the time.
Todd Thanks Todd. I have you on the list. Again, maybe this is something we feel confident in after only 30-60 minutes and shut it down at that point, I don't know. We all just wanted to get into the auction room and test drive this baby and if we want to go the entire way we can. But let's get a few more owners into this and then we can give it a run. Thanks all. Here's who I have thus far and Geoff will set this up for us on Monday or Tuesday.

NFFC Auction Test League
1. Greg Dietzler
2. Mark Srebro
3. Pete Suni (tentative)
4. Mike Weber
5. Russ Titsch
6. Scott Shudy
7. Mark Moyer
8. Billy Wasosky
9. Todd Whitestone

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:10 am

We have 10 people now who will help us test out the auction software on Tuesday night. We have room for more, but at the very least we can have Tom and Geoff jump in and do a 12-team test auction. Either way is fine, but sign up here if you want to help on Tuesday. Thanks all.

NFFC Auction Test League
1. Greg Dietzler
2. Mark Srebro
3. Pete Suni (tentative)
4. Mike Weber
5. Russ Titsch
6. Scott Shudy
7. Mark Moyer
8. Billy Wasosky
9. Todd Whitestone
10. Marty

slam

Post by slam » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:02 pm

Sorry Greg, even though I pimped the auction on the boards I cannot help you out on Tuesday as
I am in STL on business and not available that evening.
Still gonna play in a league.
Best of luck with the test!.
Author, Fantasy Football Guidebook: Your Comprehensive Guide to Playing Fantasy Football and Fantasy Football Tips: 201 Ways to Win through Player Rankings, Cheat Sheets and Better Drafting (Available at www.fantasyfootballguidebook.com )