MyFantasyLeague.com Teams Up With NFFC For Auction Software

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:50 am

Let me just add something that worked perfectly -- the ability to do an online auction. Bidding went flawlessly and there were no connection problems.

I've contacted the MFL tech guys about the sounds and display -- hopefully we can get something in place there. But for you guys to say that we shouldn't run pay auctions because "the chat box is too big and you can't scroll" is a bit silly, in my opinion.

SS

Post by SS » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:11 am

Geoff, good point about the bidding process which worked great. However, without the sound it takes away from the whole draft.
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:15 am

The biggest window in the draft room is the chat. Don't really understand that. The chat in an auction room is best, along the bottom of the page where its used mainly to contact the facilitator. Online auctions are lengthy, so chats are(and should be) at a minimum.

Most people didn't get any sound, and those who did had choppy, on and off sounds.

The person who's turn it is should just be highlighted. Instead, there is an entire section on the bottom right that has a column that just says "yes" when it's someone's turn. That's a whole column that could be eliminated if you were just highlighted when it's your turn. It would just stand out more also.

Once you choose a player to be bid on, you should have no longer than 15 seconds. I think 10 second is actually the optimum amount of time here. You bid on a player, 5 seconds tick down and then the last 5 seconds should include a voice that says, "going once, going twice...SOLD".

It needs a lot of tweeking if you want a good flowing product. I think you can have drafts using this room, but I've told Geoff, he's going to have his work cut out for him. These drafts are 4-7 hours long depending on if its a regular or draftchampions draft. Imagine how long it will take if people constantly have to roll back?

Hope this helps.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Getpaddled

Post by Getpaddled » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:27 am

Bidding Process was A+ and very well done
Greg Dietzler AKA Letter Pusher
Fantasy Football Genius & FPA supporter
Twitter: @Getpaddled

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:59 am

Originally posted by Geoffrey Stein:
Let me just add something that worked perfectly -- the ability to do an online auction. Bidding went flawlessly and there were no connection problems.

I've contacted the MFL tech guys about the sounds and display -- hopefully we can get something in place there. But for you guys to say that we shouldn't run pay auctions because "the chat box is too big and you can't scroll" is a bit silly, in my opinion. I hardly think that is silly, Geoff.

When you have a site like ESPN which is far superior in EVERY facet for auctions (I realize there will be upgrades to MFL), why would anyone play here at NFFC?

I think the online auction market is a "gold mine", but the product tested last night does not even come close to what people are looking for....sorry.

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:12 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Geoffrey Stein:

I've contacted the MFL tech guys about the sounds and display -- hopefully we can get something in place there. But for you guys to say that we shouldn't run pay auctions because "the chat box is too big and you can't scroll" is a bit silly, in my opinion. I hardly think that is silly, Geoff.

When you have a site like ESPN which is far superior in EVERY facet for auctions (I realize there will be upgrades to MFL), why would anyone play here at NFFC?

I think the online auction market is a "gold mine", but the product tested last night does not even come close to what people are looking for....sorry.
[/QUOTE]What we have gets the job done, and that's what the NFFC needs -- ESPN, Yahoo and CBS aren't options for high stakes leagues for many reasons.

So it's either nothing or what we offer. What we offer works, and while the chat may not be to your liking, I don't think it's fair for you to influence others by saying that MFL's software isn't ready for pay drafts.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:38 am

Well, this is why we hosted a Test League. I think MFL.com wants feedback from our guys, so let's put a constructive list together just like you would for the STATS guys. If Geoff can bring that list to Mike and some of them can be crossed out the NFFC will host pay auction leagues. But if not, then maybe this is something we do starting in baseball.

That being said, I think MFL.com is smart enough to take this constructive feedback and improve on the product. So let's be professional about this and create the list without all of the rhetoric and move on. Again, I'm not running any pay auction leagues if the experience isn't first rate like our live drafts, so let's build on what we have and help MFL.com build on a solid bidding system to make the best work perfectly. I think they want that too.

Billy, begin the list then.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:49 am

Greg,

I gave my "list" already, and it obviously wasn't what Geoff wanted to hear. I could lie and tell you everything is "peaches and lollipops", but I was asked for my opinion and I gave it.

From the other posts, it sounds like others had some of the same issues. I personally don't think it is close to being ready, but I do know Geoff works hard, and I am sure it will get there....good luck!

SS

Post by SS » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:23 am

Well let's start the list like Greg said. It doesn't help anyone to keep putting the site down.

My list:
-Improve the sound (starting with 5 seconds left, announcer should say going, going, gone)
-Have volume controls available with the sound
-Really the chat room is too large, seriously. Decrease it down to a smaller portion of the screen. (There has to be a way IT can correct this, anything can be corrected)
-I would like to see a draft bar across the top of the screen indicating who is next like the NFFC satellites have.

Thanks! We know it won't be perfect just want to offer some suggestions to make this an enjoyable experience for all. Thanks Greg and Geoff for doing what you can and trying to introduce the Auction drafts to the NFFC.
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place

Getpaddled

Post by Getpaddled » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:55 am

add a clock so we know when the draft starts.... Being first I had no idea when I could start....
Greg Dietzler AKA Letter Pusher
Fantasy Football Genius & FPA supporter
Twitter: @Getpaddled