Week 15 Thoughts

Tom Kessenich

Week 15 Thoughts

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:37 am

I have none for this week. I'm still stunned that the guy I'm competing with in my main league (with a lot of money at stake) picked up Josh Cribbs yesterday and got 24 points for his two kickoff returns.

Did I mention he also picked up the Browns defense this week too? That was 24 more points for those returns. That's 48 points from two free-agent pickups who in all honesty had no business putting up numbers like that. I'm just blown away by that.

Today is a day of mourning for me.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Week 15 Thoughts

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:46 am

Yea I played him and my season runs through Week 17 so I'm still not done and I can still win the league title. But man that one just hit me in the gut yesterday. I can't believe what happened. I'm not sure I can overcome that.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

renman

Week 15 Thoughts

Post by renman » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:25 am

That is unreal. How could someone take Cribbs on the hopes he breaks a return? I don't care how good/great a return guy is he can go a full seaso or 2 without taking one the distance.

That is mind boggling.

BillyWaz

Week 15 Thoughts

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:26 am

I'm surprised he didn't didn't hit the trifecta and start Jerome Harrison also! :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear this Tom, that sucks!

Best of luck the next two weeks!! :D

Tom Kessenich

Week 15 Thoughts

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:37 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
I'm surprised he didn't didn't hit the trifecta and start Jerome Harrison also! :rolleyes: Guess who he had sitting on his bench?

The crazy thing is everything else lined up for me to build a big lead against him. Thomas Jones came up small for him. Peterson and Ray Rice didn't go off. He got a 0 from Shockey. I got good games from Austin, MSW and Moss plus I started David Thomas. Everything was shaping up nicely.

Then a pair of 100-yard kickoff returns and he gets 48 points he honestly had no business getting.

I'm 22 points back going into tonight (I have Tynes, he has Devin Thomas) and we have two more weeks to go with total points. So I definitely have a shot here and a pretty good one. But I feel like I just got run over by a train. I can't believe he dropped 48 points like that.

[ December 21, 2009, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Gordon Gekko II

Week 15 Thoughts

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:37 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I have none for this week. I'm still stunned that the guy I'm competing with in my main league (with a lot of money at stake) picked up Josh Cribbs yesterday and got 24 points for his two kickoff returns.

Did I mention he also picked up the Browns defense this week too? That was 24 more points for those returns. That's 48 points from two free-agent pickups who in all honesty had no business putting up numbers like that. I'm just blown away by that.

Today is a day of mourning for me. sorry to hear that Tom. looks like your opponent displayed some fine skill here.

Sack

Week 15 Thoughts

Post by Sack » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:57 am

Tom:

Bummer, I've been bitten by the BROWNS, specifically the Belichek false information clone that is Mangini.

Looking ahead to the playoff weeks in November and watching Chris Jennings on short cuts a few times it seemed like taking a stand with the guy that would replace J Lewis down the stretch could lead to a low percentage play. So I grabbed Jennings.

Jerome Harrison became available after week #12 from what I can remember. Couldn't justify two dead spots and backed up Antonio Gates at the tight end spot with Scaife. Ole Jerome Harrison still standing unclaimed on my leagues waiver wire.

Lewis goes down. Jennings gets his shot and looks pretty good against Pittsburgh. With Kansas City on the schedule this week, I'm figuring Jennings is going to be a difference maker. Mangini floats that Cribbs may get more carries but the reports have him with a bum ankle. ( yeah, right ) With Jennings apparantly ahead of Harrison, I risk the start and play Jennings.

Ouch - close enough to have made a difference ....... I feel your Cleveland Brown pain.

[ December 21, 2009, 10:01 AM: Message edited by: Sack ]

Tom Kessenich

Week 15 Thoughts

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:10 am

There are just some backfield situations you can't trust right now. The Browns are one. The Texans are another. Arian Foster was a hot pickup last week but I wasn't sold on him getting the touches. I thought there was considerable risk. I did start him over Cotchery in a flex in one expert league and I might lose because of it. I sat him for Ganther in another league and McCoy in a third. Harrison has a great matchup next week against the Raiders but I wouldn't be surprised if Jennings was the one who had more value. That backfield looks to be on a week-to-week basis.

[ December 21, 2009, 10:10 AM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Ted's Cracked Head

Week 15 Thoughts

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:10 am

Then a pair of 100-yard kickoff returns and he gets 48 points he honestly had no business getting.

I'm 22 points back going into tonight (I have Tynes, he has Devin Thomas) and we have two more weeks to go with total points. So I definitely have a shot here and a pretty good one. But I feel like I just got run over by a train. I can't believe he dropped 48 points like that. I guess we know where Tom stands on the "double-dipping for return TDs" topic. ;)

I think it was a solid move by that player. I wonder what your thoughts were when he started them? Were you thinking nice move or why would he do that?

It is the nature of the game and just think, your customers pay thousands to have these very same "warm and fuzzy" feelings for 16 weeks each year. :D
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King