Week 15 Thoughts

Henry Muto

Week 15 Thoughts

Post by Henry Muto » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:43 am

In 1 of my local leagues I run a guy did a similar thing he picked up Cribbs and started him at WR. He did NOT pick up the Cleveland DF though. I believe the people who picked up Cribbs were not banking on a KR TD but more of him getting pts via the wild cat formation since he ran for 87 yards vs the Steelers and assumed he would continue to have a big rushing game vs the Chiefs. The fact he got a few lucky return TDs was a bonus. Of course in the NFFC Cribbs would never be started and if someone did they would be crying the blues today.
2023 NFFC Cutline Champion and 4th place ($90,000) (1720 teams)
2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion ($200,000) (2460 teams)
2012 NFFC Online National Champion and 4th place ($110,000 winner) (1872 teams)
2014 DFWC National Champion (288 teams)

Coltsfan

Week 15 Thoughts

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:04 am

Earlier this year I sat Andre Johnson and MSW against the Jets so it wasn't hard for me to sit White yesterday (even though I didn't have nearly as good of options as I did in the previous cases.) And for the first time that I can remember Kevin Walter actually had a decent game.

I also have Reggie Wayne going in wcoff next week and I'm thinking about starting Garcon over him.

Wayne

Tom Kessenich

Week 15 Thoughts

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:17 am

I think sitting Roddy White was the smart move to make this week. Revis is having a season unlike any I've seen from a CB in a very long time.

As far as Garcon, keep a close eye on his injury status. They kept him out for most of the game Thursday night with a very minor thumb injury. They might take it easy with him again this week.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

mikeybok

Week 15 Thoughts

Post by mikeybok » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:46 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
Earlier this year I sat Andre Johnson and MSW against the Jets so it wasn't hard for me to sit White yesterday (even though I didn't have nearly as good of options as I did in the previous cases.) And for the first time that I can remember Kevin Walter actually had a decent game.

I also have Reggie Wayne going in wcoff next week and I'm thinking about starting Garcon over him.

Wayne We sat Gonzalez against the jets last week also even though he isn't directly covered by Revis. Garcon against the Jets is still a bad match up. Keep looking :D
Hakuna Matata!

Tom Kessenich

Week 15 Thoughts

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:52 am

Back to Revis, it's not only impressive what he's done but the fact he's done it against arguably the most vaunted lineup of star WRs any CB has faced in years. Here's the breakdown:

Week 1: Andre Johnson
Week 2: Randy Moss
Week 4: Marques Colston
Week 6: Terrell Owens
Week 10: Mike Sims-Walker (not a proven star but certainly playing like one this season)
Week 11: Randy Moss
Week 12: Steve Smith
Week 13: Terrell Owens
Week 14: Antonio Bryant
Week 15: Roddy White

That's an amazing list of talented WRs who all have been shut down by Revis. For good measure, he'll close out the season facing Reggie Wayne (if the Colts play their guys) and TO.

He gets my vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

jdobies64

Week 15 Thoughts

Post by jdobies64 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:56 am

I think they will be treating this week like week 3 of the preseason and then they will go all out the last week.

Tom Kessenich

Week 15 Thoughts

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:58 am

That's my guess too Jeff. Sounds like Gonzalez might be back practicing this week too. If he can play, that could lead them to take it easy with Garcon.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

jdobies64

Week 15 Thoughts

Post by jdobies64 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:02 am

I also think with the Jets being out of the playoff picture, for the most part, they will feel "morally" ok with not playing their starters much (not that necessarily comes into play)and not hurting the other teams competing for a playoff spot.

rkulaski

Week 15 Thoughts

Post by rkulaski » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:01 pm

Tom,

It likely won't make you feel any better but...
I barely missed playoffs in 1 NFFC satellite league. My qb was Big Ben who screwed me by not playing one week because of a concussion and I didn't have a backup qb on my roster (my fault, I know). To see him go off for over 500 yds passing yesterday was sickening and, of course, against the Packers.

Glenneration X

Week 15 Thoughts

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:06 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Back to Revis, it's not only impressive what he's done but the fact he's done it against arguably the most vaunted lineup of star WRs any CB has faced in years. Here's the breakdown:

Week 1: Andre Johnson
Week 2: Randy Moss
Week 4: Marques Colston
Week 6: Terrell Owens
Week 10: Mike Sims-Walker (not a proven star but certainly playing like one this season)
Week 11: Randy Moss
Week 12: Steve Smith
Week 13: Terrell Owens
Week 14: Antonio Bryant
Week 15: Roddy White

That's an amazing list of talented WRs who all have been shut down by Revis. For good measure, he'll close out the season facing Reggie Wayne (if the Colts play their guys) and TO.

He gets my vote for Defensive Player of the Year. All you keep hearing from the "expert" commentators is Charles Woodson...
really good player, but in my opinion not half the cornerback Mr. Revis is.....

The fact that I'm a Jets fan has nothing to do with this opinion..... ;)

Glenn