Week 15 Thoughts

King of Queens

Week 15 Thoughts

Post by King of Queens » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:59 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
For good measure, he'll close out the season facing Reggie Wayne (if the Colts play their guys) and TO.

He gets my vote for Defensive Player of the Year. Correction: Week 17 the Jets play the Bengals. Revis will be matched up against Ochocinco.

100% agree with your sentiments on the DPOY. The other two candidates (Woodson and Sharper) have been excellent, but not nearly as consistent.

Tom Kessenich

Week 15 Thoughts

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:39 am

Yea it's Ocho and not TO. Good catch Glenn. But still another top WR.

I think Woodson's having a terrific season but the fact is teams have had some success (not a lot but some) throwing on him at times this season. NO TEAM has had ANY success throwing on Revis. I think he's given up one TD the entire season and that was to Moss on a short pass near the goal line. That's it. He's given up fewer than 25 receptions to WRs all season.

Fewer than 25.

That's it.

So basically WRs have a chance to catch 2 passes and 0 TDs a game against Revis. That's unbelievable. This is a Hall of Fame type season that he's delivering. So while Woodson has been very good, I don't believe he's doing anything that great defensive players haven't done before. It's been years since anybody has had a season like Revis is having - and again it's all the more impressive when you consider who he has faced.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

renman

Week 15 Thoughts

Post by renman » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:52 am

Tom,

I think most everyone feels for you because we all "get it."

When fantasy football stops hurting, we need to stop playing. Embrace the pain. Because the repeated painful beat downs contribute to why it feels so great when things go well.

Good luck this coming weekend.

Tom Kessenich

Week 15 Thoughts

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:47 am

Tynes getting me 10 points and Devin Thomas getting blanked helped me last night. I'm 12 points down with 2 weeks left. We'll see what happens.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich