Starting Lineup Changes for 2012

Erok

Post by Erok » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:44 pm

I hope for next season we can modify the starting lineups. I know some will not like this but with the current way the NFL utilizes its running backs, I feel fantasy needs to adjust too.

Only a handful of teams use a feature back to begin with, and the rest of the teams all have specialty guys with rolls or average fillers.

Add to that the ridiculous amount of injuries at the RB position this year (and league wide), six teams off on bye weeks, and it is nearly impossible to keep up with starting 2 running backs every week.

I am not complaining, but rather suggesting something that I think would allow for more flexibility in everyone's lineup next year and allow teams to start all of their best players.

I am suggesting going to:

1QB
1RB
2WR
1TE
1D
3 FLEX

I did this in my local league I run this year. People were against it at first, but now love the lineup flexibility and are glad we did it.

Just a suggestion to make the NFFC better IMO.

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:47 pm

Hmmmm not for me (without giving it too much thought)

Toscano

Post by Toscano » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:00 pm

So you would like to make fantasy football a little easier for you to adapt to injuries?

Maybe Greg could make your league a 8 team league next year so you could have more depth. :D

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:10 pm

Originally posted by Erok:
I hope for next season we can modify the starting lineups. I know some will not like this but with the current way the NFL utilizes its running backs, I feel fantasy needs to adjust too.

Only a handful of teams use a feature back to begin with, and the rest of the teams all have specialty guys with rolls or average fillers.

Add to that the ridiculous amount of injuries at the RB position this year (and league wide), six teams off on bye weeks, and it is nearly impossible to keep up with starting 2 running backs every week.

I am not complaining, but rather suggesting something that I think would allow for more flexibility in everyone's lineup next year and allow teams to start all of their best players.

1QB
1RB
2WR
1TE
1D
3 FLEX

I did this in my local league I run this year. People were against it at first, but now love the lineup flexibility and are glad we did it.

Just a suggestion to make the NFFC better IMO. Hey Erok

Don't pay attention to the smart azz comment. That's part of what makes it tough to have a discussion "outside the box".
I'm not sure I would immediately jump in on this idea but the NFL is changing fast and it's worthy of a brainstorming session at any rate.
BTW...adding a :D doesn't turn smart azz into intelligent...just sayin!

alanr824

Post by alanr824 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:20 pm

Originally posted by Erok:

1QB
1RB
2WR
1TE
1D
3 FLEX

Just a suggestion to make the NFFC better IMO. Not in PPR. The WR already has too much value..

Erok

Post by Erok » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:38 pm

Add another 4-5 RB's to the injury/out list this week!

This is just beyond ridiculous this year.

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:57 pm

Injuries or not I still prefer the current setup over your suggestion. I am not sure I would even really like two flex positions let alone 3 but that is just my opinion.

More injuries = more skill when using the FA $'s and trying to predict who may or may not have value this week or in 2-3 weeks for that matter.

I wouldn't mind seeing the flex position being opened up to all positions: QB, RB, WR, TE, PK and /or DEF. With the 6 points per TD pass here, I think it could change the draft dynamic and make this game a little more fun. It would also help with roster management during bye weeks and when injuries hit.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King