King of Queens

**Official Jets vs. Steelers AFC Championship Thread***

Post by King of Queens » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:59 am

J-E-T-S Jets! Jets! Jets!

:D

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:44 am

I keep thinking at some point the Jets' bubble is going to burst. But after being Manning and Brady, they certainly could walk into Pittsburgh and beat Roethlisberger and the Steelers. I agree with something Hines Ward said and that's how Roethlisberger's mobility is different than Manning and Brady, both of whom are pure pocket QBs. And that could help negate the pressure the Jets are sure to bring. I also think the Patriots made a mistake going away from Green-Ellis last week when he was having success for the second straight game against the Jets. If the Steelers get Mendenhall going, I doubt they'll be as quick to remove him from the game plan.

This also should be a very good game. I'm going with the Steelers.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:18 am

I remember telling Glenn Schroter after the Jets came back in the last minute to beat Houston in week 11 that they were going to win the Super Bowl (the 2 previous weeks they beat Detroit and Cleveland in overtime).

They easily could have/should have lost at least 2 of those 3, and I said they were a "team of destiny" as that is what good teams do......win games they shouldn't.

Well now they are up against my Pittsburgh Steelers this weekend. Honestly, this game could go either way.

That all being said, I think the fact the Jets haven't faced the best defensive units the last two weeks will be a shock to Sanchez, and I think most would agree that the Jets will have a rough time running the football.

The last game between these two went down to the wire, but with Polamalu in there, not letting the opening kickoff get run back, and a jacked up 12th man should be the difference.

It's time for Rex to play with someone else's feet, as Cinderella's slipper won't fit this time around.........

Steelers 20 Jets 16

*If both my predictions are correct, arguably the two BEST fan bases in the NFL will converge in Dallas in a little over two weeks!!

That would be awesome!! :D

[ January 20, 2011, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

renman

Post by renman » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:27 am

Billy,

Great analysis and funny to boot (another foot reference sort of). I am a life long Steeler fan too and know this is a tight game. I have felt the Jets have been one of the luckier teams in the entire NFL all regular season. But they played real well in both playoff games and there is something to be said about a team that is peaking (see the Packers).

I think the ability to stop their run is what will make a big difference in this game compared to the previous two for the Jets. Everything went right last time (for the Jets) when these teams played. Kickoff return, no turnovers, no sacks and they still barely won.

The game could go either way but I think the Jets Match up well for the Steelers.

Steelers 23-10

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:38 pm

In Week 15, the Jets were coming off of two VERY flat performances against New England (lost 45-3) and Miami (lost 10-6). Their offense was stagnant, and they hadn't scored a touchdown since the Thanksgiving night game against the Bengals. Since the Steelers game, however, this has been a very different Jets team. They have moved the ball via long, sustained drives and made key plays against some very good opponents over the past 5 weeks -- with 4 of those 5 games in very tough road environments. Most importantly, they are playing their best ball of the season RIGHT NOW.

As a Jets fan, my views are obviously slanted. However, with back-to-back appearances in the AFC Championship game, I feel their chances are MUCH better this year than a year ago. It's going to be a great game and will almost certainly come down to turnovers and/or mistakes, but the bottom line is that the Jets are the better team RIGHT NOW. As Billy correctly pointed out, it is the Jets destiny to win this game.

Jets 24, Steelers 20.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:48 pm

The thing that I remember the most in the first Jets-Steelers game is that when the Jets ran on 3rd and 4, 2 and 6, etc. they seemed to pick it up each time because there were pretty big holes to run through.

Mr.Polamalu = Mr. Spackle this time around. :D

[ January 20, 2011, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

renman

Post by renman » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:05 am

I agree the Jets are peaking and playing well and should be applauded for back to back championship games. I just think the Steeler defense is dramatically different than the last 2 defenses they faced and after seeing the things the Jets did do well last time they may be in for a long evening offensively.

I feel as though Sanchez has had a very clear pattern of playing fast and being out of sync early in games all season. Then, later in the games he plays quite well. I think the Steeler defense will cause the Jets big problems early and if the Steeler offense can do anything, the Jets may be playing from behind and that is usually a problem vs the Steelers.

Should be a fun physical spirited game. They key may be how the crippled Steeler offensive line comes together early in this game.

kentucky

Post by kentucky » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:32 pm

Steelers have Troy AND Miller this time. this game will be decided by turnovers and field position. Jets will NOT run on Pittsburgh. they had 90 yds from LT and Shonn in the last affair. it will be less with Troy in action. Pitt had 140+ last time, i don't see why they can't do that again. If Pitt can have balance, and if NY has to rely on Sanchez' arm has to win this game, NY is in trouble.

STEELERS 20-9
bill cleavenger
"BIG BLUE NATION" ... We don't rebuild, we reload!!!

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:55 am

Jets rally:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUX0eKxc ... re=channel

Steelers rally:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1e06GCj ... re=channel

Based on this, it's no contest. Jets have already won this game.

"Big Ben's too big." :D

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:58 am

J.E.T.S. (Put Your Arms Out)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb2wxuc-Hr4

[ January 22, 2011, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: King of Queens ]