2012 Thursday Games

Quahogs

2012 Thursday Games

Post by Quahogs » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:12 pm

The problem with Thus 5pm or 6pm or whatever time is the same reason Friday was moved from the old 4pm to 9pm. People wanted to get home from work and digest the latest news and put the finishing touches on bids.

The "can't access the siters" and the "in a meeting from 3-5ers" won't be on the same news feed access as the others.

There will be instances where faab driving news comes out during the work day Thursday and some folks won't have time to adjust. The 9pm deadline solved that issue.

In the age of handhelds maybe I'm making more of it than it was in the past. But still something to ponder

da bears

2012 Thursday Games

Post by da bears » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:19 pm

I agree with Steve and Wayne. I don't want to have to worry about changing my bids in the middle of the day during work hours due to some news. I love the current 9:00 p.m deadline and don't want that changed if possible. Oh yeah congrats on your big playoff win in that other contest Mr Jupinka!!

[ February 07, 2012, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: da bears ]
Bauler Shot Caller

BillyWaz

2012 Thursday Games

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:36 pm

Yea.....Thursday makes VERY little sense to me.

Everybody wants that late info, and see if their player practiced on all important Friday.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing it moved to SATURDAY morning, but I know that would be a problem with the Saturday games late in the season (unless they were all at night), but could be a problem for west coasters.

I realize I am probably in the minority for that, but would much prefer that to Thursday.

Quahogs

2012 Thursday Games

Post by Quahogs » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:40 pm

Thanks Matt !

I overlooked Wayne's post. It DOES look like middle of the day Thurs is going to cause some problems.

King of Queens

2012 Thursday Games

Post by King of Queens » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:41 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Yea.....Thursday makes VERY little sense to me.

Everybody wants that late info, and see if their player practiced on all important Friday.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing it moved to SATURDAY morning, but I know that would be a problem with the Saturday games late in the season (unless they were all at night), but could be a problem for west coasters.

I realize I am probably in the minority for that, but would much prefer that to Thursday. No Saturday games until after Week 13 (final week of FAAB).

King of Queens

2012 Thursday Games

Post by King of Queens » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:48 pm

Looks like there are going to be people upset no matter what decision is made. Most unfortunate.

As one of the "20+ league" crew, please know that the decision will not impact my league count in any way whatsoever.

Cocktails and Dreams

2012 Thursday Games

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:52 pm

Good point about some not wanting to worry about the news on Thursday if not able to access from work. Thursday afternoon may not be the best. I revert back to very late at night on Wednesday night so everyone can be bid on, and people can arise early to set lineups before work if unable to do it later in the day prior to kickoff. I for one, Billy don't want the latest injury news on Friday, but do want to be able to bid on all players. I don't understand why there is necessarily reason to change it from how it has always been on Thursday weeks. I think it worked just fine.

[ February 07, 2012, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: Cocktails and Dreams ]

King of Queens

2012 Thursday Games

Post by King of Queens » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:03 pm

Originally posted by Cocktails and Dreams:
Good point about some not wanting to worry about the news on Thursday if not able to access from work. Thursday afternoon may not be the best. I revert back to very late at night on Wednesday night so everyone can be bid on, and people can arise early to set lineups before work if unable to do it later in the day prior to kickoff. I for one, Billy don't want the latest injury news on Friday, but do want to be able to bid on all players. I don't understand why there is necessarily reason to change it from how it has always been on Thursday weeks. I think it worked just fine. If it ends up one bidding period per week, this gets my vote as well. Gives the West Coasters two full nights to work on FAAB.

As for the resistance, I believe there were a few late-week injury situations this past season that burned owners. Thursday and Friday practice reports help a lot--especially that Friday afternoon one. Two or three weeks of it was palatable, but many dislike the prospect of "guessing" from weeks 2 through 13.

King of Queens

2012 Thursday Games

Post by King of Queens » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:10 pm

Access to all players after the conclusion of the previous week's games

***versus***

Better information available to make your pickups

***versus***

Achieving both objectives, with the inconvenience of 2 pickups

I believe that's it in a nutshell

BillyWaz

2012 Thursday Games

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:32 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Access to all players after the conclusion of the previous week's games

***versus***

Better information available to make your pickups

***versus***

Achieving both objectives, with the inconvenience of 2 pickups

I believe that's it in a nutshell That be it!!!!