An Open Forum For WCOFF Players

Chi_Town_FEW

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:50 pm

Sorry to here that Blue Devils. I can empathise. Not a good feeling all around. Enjoy that home league and dominate as I know you will. My advise is to try a satellite league. Plenty of 12 teams and 14 teams. for $125 it is less than 10% of the main events. 20 days from now turns into 345. You love it as much as all of us. If you havent done a 14 team, and you have been playing a while, check it out. It really separates the the good from the really good. My first year in a satellite I got crush. Good time and learned a lot. Lots to chose from in both contests. Wish you well, and if not this year maybe next.

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:48 pm

will admit that Tom and I are basically sitting on our emails ready for questions or signups as we try to help anyone who needs it. We might not be quite as quick every single day after this, but right now you have our full attention!! And that goes for our veteran owners. We're living on our emails, PMs, Twitter accounts, on the NFFC boards. If you need us for anything, we're here. Unfortunately, the wife and kids get secondary treatment for the next three weeks!! You all are first.
-------------------------------------------------------
Greg, this is why you guys are the best in the business.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:26 pm

Originally posted by blue devils:
count me as one of those guys that thought this thing was still going off. i played in wcoff for many years and now suddenly i have to cancel my flight and hotel room reservation after i found this out only about five days ago. i am so disgusted by everything that i swear i will never play again except for my home league with my friends.

even though i checked this game out and the ffpc from what i read on the wcoff boards i can't trust anyone anymore. this whole thing just has me so frustrated and sick i'm swearing off my favorite hobby of alltime. i know someone will post about this game being great and always paying like they did on the ffpc boards but even if it's true i'm done. you can never say forever but i'm done this yea no matter what anyone says. it really really sucks. it hurts like i was punched in the stomach. and of course i'm mad as hell at those wcoff guys but i'm in the same boat as everyone else what can i do? this great game will never be the same for me. sorry for the negativity but i had to get it out somewhere. it just sucks big time. I understand why you feel this way, but you're only punishing yourself by not playing. Don't let these short-term negative emotions cloud your decision making.

Believe me, after Week 1 you'll be kicking yourself for not playing. The NFL juices will be flowing and the Fantasy itch will remain unscratched for the entire season.

The NFFC is incredibly trustworthy. You'd better sign up for a team before it's too late, or you'll regret it.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:31 pm

Originally posted by blue devils:
count me as one of those guys that thought this thing was still going off. i played in wcoff for many years and now suddenly i have to cancel my flight and hotel room reservation after i found this out only about five days ago. i am so disgusted by everything that i swear i will never play again except for my home league with my friends.

even though i checked this game out and the ffpc from what i read on the wcoff boards i can't trust anyone anymore. this whole thing just has me so frustrated and sick i'm swearing off my favorite hobby of alltime. i know someone will post about this game being great and always paying like they did on the ffpc boards but even if it's true i'm done. you can never say forever but i'm done this yea no matter what anyone says. it really really sucks. it hurts like i was punched in the stomach. and of course i'm mad as hell at those wcoff guys but i'm in the same boat as everyone else what can i do? this great game will never be the same for me. sorry for the negativity but i had to get it out somewhere. it just sucks big time. blue devils, thanks for the post. That's what this forum is for, a place to vent. No sales pitch here from me. I feel your pain and can't argue with your thought process or plans for this year. The industry let you down when you trusted it with your hard earned money and nobody is going to be able to get back the money or the trust. Nothing can be done anymore. However, like you said someone should have told you about the contest being cancelled well in advance of you having to cancel your flight and hotel at the last minute. And imagine, there are still many more folks waiting to hear that it's cancelled too because I can tell you others are still making plans to be there. The site looks like it's a go and nobody is contacting folks to say anything different. It's unreal and it's time for someone to make a final announcement.

Dominate your local league and check out the HSFF space again next year. Hopefully you'll see the trust factor returned to other players and you might get the urge to compete here again. If not, we'll all certainly understand. But I don't think we're going to see this happen again from the remaining games. Other competitors will surely jump into the space next year, but for consumers it's Buyer Beware going forward with upstarts. We've seen how big promises can't be met by those with grandiose plans.

Stay well and enjoy the local competition. Next year, we'll be here with the type of game you may want again.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:25 am

We're glad to welcome several more owners from the WCOFF to the NFFC today and we promise a great experience for all of you. We're happy to welcome fflmaster himself Albert Leach to Las Vegas as he's drafting live with us at the Bellagio in Las Vegas on Friday and Saturday, Sept. 9-10. It's going to be a family affair this year in the NFFC as his brother Andy also registered for two Primetime teams earlier last week and his dad, Albert Sr., is taking a Primetime Online on Saturday, Sept. 3rd. SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!! Welcome aboard guys.

And don't apologize for sticking up for the WCOFF during the tough times, guys. You talked with Dustin directly, were made promises about the prizes and trusted him all the way to the end. You weren't the only ones who believed that everything would work out. Unfortunately for all of us, it didn't and the decisions made in the last week have opened all of our eyes. it's a shame, but best of luck here in the NFFC and get ready to have some fun, receive your prize money when you win and drink some Corona's with me in Las Vegas!! :D You guys are from Pennsylvania, so you about drinking at 10 am on a Saturday, right? :D See ya in Sin City and best of luck in the hunt for both $100,000 grand prizes, both $5,000 league prizes and the $75,000 cash bonus.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

thegambler

Post by thegambler » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:27 am

paid and ready to go.....can't wait for the draft and vegas :D

VEGAS BABY!!!!!!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:28 am

Dennis Botch of Henderson, Nevada is another original WCOFF member who had drafted each of the last nine years with that contest. He called me last night and we had a great conversation about the past and the future. He's now jumping into our Primetime Main Event and drafting on Saturday, Sept. 3rd with us at the Bellagio. I'm glad we could get him into the contest and keep him in the HSFF space for the 10th straight year. You can't lose customers like this and we're happy to help. Welcome aboard Dennis and I'll see you in a couple of weeks.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:35 am

Wow, folks are coming in now and letting us know how much they owed from the WCOFF. Sorry to point that out, but it's not fun taking these calls and feeling everyone's pain without being able to do anything. Thankfully these folks still want to play and still want to play where they know they're going to get paid. Thanks for your trust and support guys and let's turn this into your new home away from home!! :D

The latest former WCOFF members to enter the NFFC include Mike Fallek of Mission, Texas and Dan Worthington of Mission, Texas. Both have been long-time HSFF players and both will be drafting live with us on Saturday, Sept. 3rd at the Bellagio in Las Vegas for the Primetime. Welcome aboard guys and best of luck in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize and the $5,000 league prize. We know you're going to like it here.

Gnarly Goats

Post by Gnarly Goats » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:24 pm

I am another "recovering WCOFFer" looking for a home. I was not very active on the WCOFF Boards, but wish I had been since I am one of the dopes who pre-paid for 2011 several months ago only to be trying to figure out how to get it back now. I had been at WCOFF since year 2 and am stunned it has come to this.

I feel a little homeless, but am excited about what NFFC may offer. Thanks to Tom & Greg, they are already more responsive to me in the last 2 hours than Dustin & Jill have been in the last several months.