RELEASING PLAYERS??????

Erok

RELEASING PLAYERS??????

Post by Erok » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:55 pm

I have Matt Leinart & Montario Hardesty on one roster, for example.

I am trying to pick up 5 free agent, but I want to guarantee myself that they these (2) guys get released from my roster first. Is there a way to do this with the new software?

Thanks.

Tom Kessenich

RELEASING PLAYERS??????

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:21 am

That wouldn't be a software question. If you place the highest bid for your free agent acquisitions then you would be able to drop Leinart and Hardesty. There are no guarantees you'll do so with Blind Bidding. It all comes down to whether you spend the highest amount or not within your league. Good luck.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Erok

RELEASING PLAYERS??????

Post by Erok » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:29 am

Thanks Tom.....Is there a way that I can just outright drop them? I just want them off my roster being they are dead space.

I know the problem I've had in the past is that I would try to drop someone like Hardesty when bidding on say another RB and I dont get him, but then I would get another player I bid on say a WR, but my second release choice would be dropped and Id still be stuck with Hardesty.

Do you follow me?

I would like to see an outright drop button where guys can just be dropped.

Tom Kessenich

RELEASING PLAYERS??????

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:40 am

You cannot drop a player without picking someone up to replace him. You must have a complete roster at all times. There is no outright drop option in any of the NFFC leagues.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

chriseibl

RELEASING PLAYERS??????

Post by chriseibl » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:45 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
You cannot drop a player without picking someone up to replace him. You must have a complete roster at all times. There is no outright drop option in any of the NFFC leagues. i think he's asking how to string guys along to a certain bid. for example, hardesty is the guy he definitely wants to drop and say hypothetically julius jones is the guy he only kind of wants to drop... he really wants brandon jackson and kind of wants sammie stroughter.

i know how you would do this last year is you would put a $500 bid on jackson and a $200 bid on stroughter under hardesty. then he would put in a $199 bid for stroughter under julius jones. That way, if he gets outbid on Jackson, his Stroughter bid attached to hardesty is the winner, rather than his stroughter bid attached to julius jones.

i haven't done it yet THIS year otherwise i'd chime in and help.

Erok

RELEASING PLAYERS??????

Post by Erok » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:26 am

Yes that is correct chris.........does it work the same way Tom this year?

It would be nice if there was just a way to generate a list of the guys you wanted to release in order.

Tom Kessenich

RELEASING PLAYERS??????

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:35 am

Originally posted by Erok:
Yes that is correct chris.........does it work the same way Tom this year?
No it does not. The highest bid amount will be awarded. That's the same way it's been done every year in our event.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

chriseibl

RELEASING PLAYERS??????

Post by chriseibl » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:42 am

i know the way i proposed worked 100% just fine for me last year.