Matthew Berry, C'mon Man!

joetreff

Post by joetreff » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:46 am

Plus, since Greg's stuff is a little more mainstream it's understandable if he struggles in the big contests since people can know who his targets are.

Tom, do a $2500 experts only league next year...Rotoworld and Nate/matt and all the different sites need to pony up and play it so they can have some public results...

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:03 pm

Originally posted by felixflamingo:
Agree, they move quickly from topic to topic and it's entertaining. Nate Ravitz played NFBC don't know if he played NFFC before. Fantasyfreakinfootball is better though especially for deep leagues.

The year Greg Rosenthal was in NYC drafting NFFC my 16 yr old cousin was with me and said "geez this is a tough contest" (I would've felt the same because I knew his targets and was targeting the same guys but he wasn't in my league so I didn't care) except Rosenthal finished nowhere near the top and as far as I know hasn't played NFFC since.

Everyone knows the main problem with most of the mock draft/expert leagues is that they aren't played for real money or played out past the draft at all in most cases...so none of the "experts" are held accountable. Mattew Berry is very entertaining in the early years i didnt enjoy him but the last couple years he has grown on me.He really blew the Vick pick and i passed on him in a few leagues in the 2nd round.
I do watch the sunday mourning show they have but they should have Christopher Harris on weekly ,he is by far the best fantasy guy with espn.I really dont like Ratvitz he spends to much time trying to be funny,and he's not.I also listen to about 5to 6 podcasts a week and Freaken Fantasy Football with Jules[red ryder] McClean and Garrett the Wonder Boy is by far my favorite show.Havnt missed one of there show's in two years.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:19 pm

There is absolutely NO reason to do a fantasy league that does not involve money. Without money on the line, winning a league means nothing. You can be sure that if you win in NFCC leagues, be it the high $ leagues, or just the satelites that I play in, you are beating good competition and you'll be rewarded with some cash.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:20 pm

Make that NFFC not NFCC
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:24 pm

Agreed. Free leagues are like playing poker for free. It's gambling. But without the financial risk, not really.

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:58 pm

Originally posted by Sandman62:
Agreed. Free leagues are like playing poker for free. It's gambling. But without the financial risk, not really. Couldn't agree more. My neighbors asked me to join their league a couple years back. I obliged just assuming it was a money league. After all, why do free leagues even exist? I quickly found out it was one of those, "Just for fun" leagues. Being the new guy, I couldn't convince the commish to even make the entry a measly $25.

I did the next best thing, convinced my three neighbors that our H2H match ups would involve a wager in the form of a bottle of Grey Goose. After playing them each twice last year, I was six bottles of Vodka richer and ended up as league champ.

They didn't like that too much. Lol.

[ November 14, 2011, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: CoMoHusker ]
Go Big Red!