Sloppy Seconds

Tony Clifton

Sloppy Seconds

Post by Tony Clifton » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:46 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:
[QB] Tony......Welcome to the NFFC!!!!!!!

That is a flattering picture of me, I must say. Thanks for the welcome. I'll be here once a day, Monday through Friday, and twice a day on weekends. Thank you! Thank You! Tip your waitresses...Later, Cheaps, Creeps and Peeps.

Tony Clifton
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

AMERICA

Sloppy Seconds

Post by AMERICA » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:53 am

WALLA,
YOU EITHER A:
1) SPY FROM WCOFF

2) BROKEBACK STANDIN WHO NEEDS A FIRM ONE IN THE BACKSIDE.

3) NFFC OWNER WHO NEVER WON A DIME. NEVER MADE ANY MONEY, EH? PLEASE TELL ME I'M RIGHT. IF SOMEONE CAN TELL ME IF THIS IS TRUE, I'D LOVE IT. PLEASE POST HIS ROSTER LAST YEAR. I'M SURE IT'S A GOOD LAUGH.

MY GUESS IS #2 & #3. F'N LOSER.

Gordon Gekko

Sloppy Seconds

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:50 am

Originally posted by RiFF:
I chose NFFC for a variety of reasons, you are a smart man Riff
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Jersey Dawg

Sloppy Seconds

Post by Jersey Dawg » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:16 am

I do both each year. Both are great events and both are a ton of fun and excitement. You really can't put either event down. Fantasy Football is the best invention of all times.

Overall, the NFFC is the better choice if you have to choose. Fortunatley, drafting a week apart from each other, draft junkies like me can do both. Heck, I'm even considering going to Dallas to do a different draft altogether on 8/26. I am SICK!

Pete

TamuScarecrow

Sloppy Seconds

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:32 am

For you newbies, WALLA is a NFFC veteran who more than likely didn't mean anything negative with his remarks. He is simply stating fact as he sees it and the way it is right now in the FF world. That said, I am a NFFC lifer who WON'T EVER consider a 12-team event again unless they make 14-teamers illegal. There are leagues for men and there are leagues for boys and we in the NFFC know the difference. :D
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

mikeybok

Sloppy Seconds

Post by mikeybok » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:57 am

Originally posted by Tamuscarecrow:
For you newbies, WALLA is a NFFC veteran who more than likely didn't mean anything negative with his remarks. Sloppy Seconds!?

Or maybe he did?

Rick ... if you say he is a good guy ... I have no doubt he is ... but he did rip the NFFC.
Hakuna Matata!

drago

Sloppy Seconds

Post by drago » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:42 am

I was in the WCOFF the last two years and was definitely ready for a change. Starting after a game has already been played is weak in my opinion. The 11 week season is WAY too short. If you have 3 bad weeks you're pretty much out of it. Also, I read the message boards and Lenny's far-right postings just got on my nerves. I figured why give this guy any of my money if I'm completely annoyed by every thought he writes down?

TamuScarecrow

Sloppy Seconds

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:11 am

Lenny's far-right postings Any examples you can share, JR? That way, I'll know to keep mine on the non-FF threads as I'm not into taxes, hand-outs, and a wimpy Congress either. :D
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Route Collectors

Sloppy Seconds

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:41 pm

Originally posted by Tamuscarecrow:
For you newbies, WALLA is a NFFC veteran who more than likely didn't mean anything negative with his remarks. He is simply stating fact as he sees it and the way it is right now in the FF world. That said, I am a NFFC lifer who WON'T EVER consider a 12-team event again unless they make 14-teamers illegal. There are leagues for men and there are leagues for boys and we in the NFFC know the difference. :D Hate to disagree with you Rick, but John boy is a di*khead poster from way back. He gets on here to continue his personal feud with Greg once in awhile. To Gregs credit, he always takes the high road. I on the other hand have no problem calling this guy a career p*ssy.
:D

Greg Ambrosius

Sloppy Seconds

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:33 am

Originally posted by Walla Walla:
WCOFF should be sold out by now. 840 I believe.
So signups here should pick up. Good old Stardust. Maybe. Of course it could be like last year. :D John, as always, thanks for the update. Congrats to WCOFF and you are right, if they sell out early it can only help us. But you need to realize that we are two separate events with appealing qualities to different owners. Good guys like Shawn Childs, Glenn Schroter, Pete Lukowicz, Carlos Perez, among others are drafting in both events and hopefully winning both. We wish we had those big numbers, but we'd be happy to fill out our 350 spots and continue growing all of our satellite leagues, auction leagues, Ultimate Leagues and Draft Champions Leagues. And of course, we're pretty successful in baseball. Oh, and we have guaranteed our prize money the last two years even though we didn't hit our goal of 350 teams.

For the record, John has been a loyal NFBC patron the last three years and a loyal NFFC patron the last two years. He didn't like the Stardust hotel in March (his room, not the event room). The drafting room is IDEAL for our drafts and auction leagues as we have plenty of space for all of the events. If they weren't imploding that hotel in December, I'd host the NFBC and NFFC there each year! :D

As everyone knows, I don't MAKE you stay at my host hotel and Vegas has a few nice hotels within ear shot of the Stardust. We have inexpensive rooms if you want to stay with us and stumble into the draft on Saturday. If you want to stay somewhere else, do it. We don't care!! John, I'll gladly invite you to stay at Treasure Island and pick you up myself in a car if that gets you to stop b**ching about the Stardust. I dare you to take me up on my offer. Or since you're flying from Washington, I invite you to draft in Chicago and stay at the lovely Chicago Oakbrook Marriott. I'll make sure you get from O'Hare to the Oakbrook Marriott courtesy of Rocky. Take me up on the offer.

Now you have no more excuses not to remain in the NFFC. I've solved your one big problem with our draft in September and will treat you first class. If that's not enough, then I guess we'll just wish you best of luck in whatever other leagues you try out this year. We'll be just fine over here.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius