Sloppy Seconds

King of Queens

Sloppy Seconds

Post by King of Queens » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:11 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Who's ready to start the NFFC vs. WCOFF Grudge Match thread? We'll host the 14-team online league draft and WCOFF can host the 12-team online league draft. We'll total up the points and it's winner-take-all format from 13 owners on each side. If the owners want to put up some money to participate in this, I'll agree to pay back 100 percent in prizes. This would be worth the price of admission for me.

For those owners who do both and are successful in both, no problem if you wear the other uniform. It would be great fun and nothing but good for both contests. I'm in if everyone agrees to it.

By the way, nice format Rob. Never thought of doing two different leagues and adding up total points. Double the fun. Maybe we should take nominations to assemble the team. In any event, if selected, I'll be wearing my black, red and white NFFC colors with pride. :D

Greg Ambrosius

Sloppy Seconds

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:17 am

Originally posted by Follow Me:
Whether we do it on-line or live in Vegas, I'm in either way.

Thanks,
Mark
Follow Me Yeah, but on which team? :D You have winning credentials on both side. Do I have to fight Lenny for you to be on the NFFC team? :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

sportsbettingman

Sloppy Seconds

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:17 am

I hope this happens...and that the most sucessful from the years past represent each side...what a great thing to keep track of...put in 2007 magazines!!!

~Lance (You move fast)
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

sportsbettingman

Sloppy Seconds

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:21 am

quote:Originally posted by Follow Me:

Thanks,
Mark
Follow Me Yeah, but on which team? :D You have winning credentials on both side. Do I have to fight Lenny for you to be on the NFFC team? :D
[/QUOTE]Haaaaaargh!

That would be a good fight! (Lenny's a bit larger in body...but height and age close enough...just don't get Emil involved...I sat right next to him in the 2005 WCOFF HOF draft (Ted's Cracked Head invited me for the fun of it)...Emil is a BIG man.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Diesel

Sloppy Seconds

Post by Diesel » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:25 am

I wouldn't be able to play until 2007's event. After I win the 100K this year, I will be able to help out TEAM NFFC the following season. For now, we'll have to send in the established Big Guns.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Diesel

Sloppy Seconds

Post by Diesel » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:26 am

That would be a good fight! (Lenny's a bit larger in body...but height and age close enough...just don't get Emil involved...I sat right next to him in the 2005 WCOFF HOF draft (Ted's Cracked Head invited me for the fun of it)...Emil is a BIG man.

Then it would only be fair to have a tag team match with Greg and Ugly Tomatoes, Big Mike against Emil and Lenny. :D

[ July 11, 2006, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: Diesel ]

moyer1313

Sloppy Seconds

Post by moyer1313 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:42 am

Thanks,
Mark
[/QUOTE]Greg,

I'm guessing there would be high entertainment value with you vs. Lenny. :D

And for a small fee, I bet there would be a paying audience, too.

Steel Cage Match.....jello wrestling....table-top paper football....Imagine the possiblities.

Thanks,
Mark
Follow Me
'07 10-3 127.3 ppg $0 Won
'08 11-2 123.3 ppg $0 Won
'09 2-12 129.5 ppg $0 Won

The only team in NFFC Main Event history to win 11 games and not cash. :(

1683.8 pts. in 2009 is the record for a team with just 2 wins. Old record - 1479.95

Greg Ambrosius

Sloppy Seconds

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:48 am

Originally posted by Follow Me:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Thanks,
Mark
[/QUOTE]Greg,

I'm guessing there would be high entertainment value with you vs. Lenny. :D

And for a small fee, I bet there would be a paying audience, too.

Steel Cage Match.....jello wrestling....table-top paper football....Imagine the possiblities.

Thanks,
Mark
Follow Me
[/QUOTE]Lenny is a hockey fan and he still owes me a steak dinner because last year my Milwaukee Admirals beat his Rochester somethings for the IHL title. I'd just have to watch my backside with him and I'd be alright! :D We're about the same size, but I play hoops every day and I don't think he does! :D Emil is a BIG man, but beards always make guys seem bigger than they really are!! :D He's two years older than me and doesn't have near the wind capacity that I have. Still, I like the idea of a tag team with Diesel or Big Mike!

Isn't it great to see that Walla Walla's original post calling us Sloppy Seconds has led to such a novel idea for a contest? :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Gordon Gekko

Sloppy Seconds

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:49 am

Isn't it great to see that Walla Walla's original post calling us Sloppy Seconds has led to such a novel idea for a contest? :D indeed. thanks walla
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Diesel

Sloppy Seconds

Post by Diesel » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:59 am

I'm a big boy, Greg...6'0, 230...But Big Mike is like Big John Stud from the old WWF, from what I hear...lol

If you need me to start working out again and get into shape for some whuppass, just give me the word Greg, and we'll start teaching some JOHNNIE CAKES a lesson....LOL