What Did 3RR Feel Like To YOU?

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:30 am

Originally posted by Nag':
quote:Originally posted by UFS:
In regards to 3RR and the draft... It worked as i stated from Day 1. The top picks had tough decisions to make that they never had to make before. The only tough decision I had to make was whether to draft/pass on the injured Driver at 4.01 and at 6.01, whether to go WR with D-Jax or RB with Betts.

3RR had no effect on the difficulty of my decision-making whatsoever.
[/QUOTE]That's one more tough decision than anyone with #1 had to make last year.....

#3 was really my only one fwiw.

Was glad Rivers fell into my lap at #7.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:34 am

Originally posted by skipman:
quote:Originally posted by 4D:
quote:Originally posted by skipman:
Greg, I would surmize that the 3RR rule is debatable, but that rule you put in that forced the #1 pick to take Lynch is patently unfair. That rule needs to come off the books. If the #1 spot could have picked anyone he wanted, there were certainly several dozen players that could have made more of an impact on his team. skipman, the rule was not specific to the first pick but varied by league as in mine it gave Lynch to the 3rd pick. [/QUOTE]This rule is totally unfair. We need to get rid of it...and the one that required the rookie handcuff by adding Calvin Johnson.

Is there some bonus for having the offensive rookie of the year on your rooster?
[/QUOTE]I'll go with DYV's projections for CJ. His were higher than mine.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:48 am

Topic; What Did 3RR Feel Like To You?

Like I was starting with a large deficit when I didn't get a top pick!! The more things change...the more they stay the same. By the way, I hope all you top picks encountered all those tough decisions UFS keeps referring too.

[ September 04, 2007, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: RiFF ]

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:53 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
UFS
Member # 150

Member Rated:
posted September 04, 2007 03:28 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by SNAKE:
UFS
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I gave you Walker and I will bet you C.Johnson outscores him. I don't trust Walker for a sec..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UFS - SNAKE will take this bet - please PM him...thanks much...SNAKE

No thanks. You are an idiot when it comes to bets. You can't even work your pay pal account.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...tsk, tsk, tsk, UFS...The Serpent can see that you're still obviously bitter from the last (and only) bet that you lost to The Serpent last year, eh?...hehehe...ok, comrade - The Serpent will let ya off the line here without ripping your tounge to bloody bits on his sharp hook...hehehe...SNAKE No, bitter at all the time wasted on that. You're an idiot. That ain't happening again.

I win and lose bets all the time. I couldn't even tell you what our bet was.

skipman

Post by skipman » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:09 am

Originally posted by UFS:
[QUOTE]No, bitter at all the time wasted on that. You're an idiot. That ain't happening again.

I win and lose bets all the time. I couldn't even tell you what our bet was. UFS, you are way off base on Lynch and C. Johnson, but spot on with Snake. 1 out of 3 ain't too bad.

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:14 am

Originally posted by UFS:
quote:Originally posted by Nag':
I was forced to take M.Lynch instead of a top WR or RB, or even Gates, as I would have rec'd last year. Since we don't have access to the draft results yet, I have to ask, WHY & WHO "forced" you to take Lynch. Were there no players there who you project to have a shot at being a top WR? [/QUOTE]A.Green went 3.3 and A.Peterson 3.9, Duece 3.11

Taking a RB 3rd round was the best strategy for this pick. 2rb, 4wr in first 6 was 75 points higher in every mock I did.

I had a choice on Lynch or M.Barber and went for Lynch. Time will tell on that one. I went with more touches. There were no RB I wanted or liked at the 5/6 turn if I would have gone rb/wr/wr/wr and those mocks were all 100 points lower. Taking a QB rd 4 was also 75 points lower. Taking Gates was 125 points lower.

I have the best WR's in the league with TJ, Calvin Johnson, Cotch, Holmes, Welker.

I have the best Flex in the league with Holmes.

I look at a lot of drafts and IMO, many owners took very weak 3RB's instead of a potential 200+ WR at flex and they are going to pay for it come bye week time.
[/QUOTE]IF YOU HAVE THE BEST RECEIVERS IN YOUR LEAGUE WITH THOSE GUYS THEY MUST BE REALLY SPREAD ACROSS THE BOARD. EVERY RECEIVER YOU HAVE IS EITHER THE SECOND OR THIRD OPTION ON THAT TEAM. GRANTED T.J BEING A SECOND IS LIKE A FIRST ON MOST SIMILAR TO REGGIE WAYNE. HOWEVER IF THAT CORE IS THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE THE RECIVERS ARE REALLY SPREAD OUT.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:18 am

Originally posted by skipman:
[QUOTE]No, bitter at all the time wasted on that. You're an idiot. That ain't happening again.

I win and lose bets all the time. I couldn't even tell you what our bet was. UFS, you are way off base on Lynch and C. Johnson, but spot on with Snake. 1 out of 3 ain't too bad.
[/QUOTE]Well, I never made any claims about Lynch. I was never happy with that pick.

But I don't need him to be a superstar.

CJ is going to do just fine and put up 2nd round numbers while improving throughout the season.

Walker had 30% of his numbers last year in TWO games and didn't even average 7 pts his last 7 games.

You got suckered into that pick!! LOL.

I'll bet you no problem on CJ vs JW.

Evans was a steal and fell into your lap though...

skipman

Post by skipman » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:24 am

Dont put too much stock in Dyv's eval of Calvin Johnson. He is a Detroit Homer. Regardless of what you think for his fantasy prognostication abiltiy, homer sentiment makes his project of CJ suspect.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:30 am

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
quote:Originally posted by Nag':
I was forced to take M.Lynch instead of a top WR or RB, or even Gates, as I would have rec'd last year. Since we don't have access to the draft results yet, I have to ask, WHY & WHO "forced" you to take Lynch. Were there no players there who you project to have a shot at being a top WR? [/QUOTE]A.Green went 3.3 and A.Peterson 3.9, Duece 3.11

Taking a RB 3rd round was the best strategy for this pick. 2rb, 4wr in first 6 was 75 points higher in every mock I did.

I had a choice on Lynch or M.Barber and went for Lynch. Time will tell on that one. I went with more touches. There were no RB I wanted or liked at the 5/6 turn if I would have gone rb/wr/wr/wr and those mocks were all 100 points lower. Taking a QB rd 4 was also 75 points lower. Taking Gates was 125 points lower.

I have the best WR's in the league with TJ, Calvin Johnson, Cotch, Holmes, Welker.

I have the best Flex in the league with Holmes.

I look at a lot of drafts and IMO, many owners took very weak 3RB's instead of a potential 200+ WR at flex and they are going to pay for it come bye week time.
[/QUOTE]IF YOU HAVE THE BEST RECEIVERS IN YOUR LEAGUE WITH THOSE GUYS THEY MUST BE REALLY SPREAD ACROSS THE BOARD. EVERY RECEIVER YOU HAVE IS EITHER THE SECOND OR THIRD OPTION ON THAT TEAM. GRANTED T.J BEING A SECOND IS LIKE A FIRST ON MOST SIMILAR TO REGGIE WAYNE. HOWEVER IF THAT CORE IS THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE THE RECIVERS ARE REALLY SPREAD OUT.
[/QUOTE]They are spread out.

No one has anything close to Cotch/Holmes/Welker at 3-4-5.

Ummmm... TJ was #4 in NFFC last year in PPG, beating Chad out. TJ and Wayne are both in the top 10. Who cares if they are #2 on their team?

Cotch is a solid #2. Many, many after the draft told me they thought Homes would outscore Ward this year. He scored 51 in last 4 games last year.

He had 501 yds 2nd half, Ward 389 while out 2 games.

Welker is going to catch 80-90 with NE. Pt leader last year took him in the 8th....